Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

That sounds like so much fun! Is there a schedule for the hula lessons? My kids really want to try!! Thanks, happy you had a great time!
I saw a screen about this on first and main page here... go back to the beginning and scroll through the Poly information and I think you will find it. I recall it was at 3:15 or 3:45 or something daily.

That would be great!! Thank you so much I hope you have a magical time
Am back from my Poly visit which always seems to fly by too fast. I checked the Guest (Non DVC) laundry area and it turns out the current offerings are completely different than my previous visits. They now offer only one kind of detergent which is "Ares free and green" it says on the box that its free and clear of dyes. There are several rows in the vending machine of this and the bottom two rows are "Ares free and green fabric sheets" Both are $1.00 per box which will do one load for the detergent and two loads for the sheets. I took a picture of the laundry room vending machine with my phone but the dis boards website says the file with the photo is too big to upload. Here is a link to a page that shows the detergent box. My stay was shorter this time so I did not do any laundry.

https://www.nortonsupply.com/products/ares-green-preference-laundry-powder-coin-vend

Will a normal cab cost $25 to get somewhere on property?

Taxis will usually be cheaper. Regular Uber/Lyft will (aside from surge pricing or low driver supply times) usually be cheaper than a taxi. With some exceptions for Uber versions with a car seat, some SUVs, etc - those can be sometimes be more in the Minnie Van range.

Taxis will usually be cheaper. Regular Uber/Lyft will (aside from surge pricing or low driver supply times) usually be cheaper than a taxi. With some exceptions for Uber versions with a car seat, some SUVs, etc.

Thats what I figured. I am trying to see why you would choose the Minnie van over one of those options

Thats what I figured. I am trying to see why you would choose the Minnie van over one of those options

For us, it’s the car seat factor - which of course doesn’t apply to everyone. I don’t mind the price for the comfort of knowing that the car seat is top-quality and professionally installed. Taxis = no car seats, so not an option for us. You can get Uber with 1 car seat, but those are sometimes hard to find and can be just as expensive as a Minnie Van. Plus it’s someone’s personal car seat and I just am not that comfortable with the variety of types/quality of the installation that you can sometimes see.

Minnie Van can go places taxis/Uber/Lyft can’t go. Most specifically, they can drop you off at the MK bus plaza. Cabs/Uber/Lyft have to go to the TTC (unless you opt to get dropped off at CR and walk over).

Minnie Van has the “cool” factor, if that kind of thing appeals to you.

A Minnie Van can hold six people. Some of the Uber SUV options can be closer in rate to a Minnie Van, so it starts to make a bit more sense.

But yeah, if not for the car seat thing we’d probably not likely use them all that often in favor of cheaper options.

Yes, exactly what @GADisneyDad14 said. We have a 2 year old and need a car seat. We typically try and take it to Magic Kingdom if there is a wait for the bus and we plan to take it to Mickey's Backyard BBQ in December. It can take you to the back of Fort Wilderness for the BBQ or Hoop De Doo which is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter