Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started another thread about this, but I’m nervous about not being able to find a parking spot at the Poly and now I’m wondering if maybe I didn’t make the best choice in resorts.

Folks are telling me that the pool is overrun with non-Poly guests. I’m saddened to hear this.

Between the parking and the pool...should I consider switching somewhere else? Or are there enough pluses to the Poly to outweigh the negatives?
This will be our 4th stay at the Poly and never had issues, its a big parking lot, sometimes you may need to drive around a little but its not that big a problem, as far as non Poly guests at the pool that hasn't been an issue for awhile as they check magic bands,
I wouldn't change bc I guarantee that youll love the Poly! Hands down best views in all of WDW, location, location, location, monorail, very relaxing and beautiful ambiance...

I agree! I haven't tried it yet. We will in May. From what I understand, a number of people have said one order fed 2 adults. I believe all food comes at once. I would believe that something like ice cream would probably come in a separate container but I may be wrong. There is at least one set of pictures in an earlier thread that shows the set up with a description, You could try searching for twilight feast. I did it earlier but don't remember how much older the post was.

You do not get ice cream just the bread pudding with a small pitcher of caramel sauce.

Just changed our 3 night CSR stay to Poly deluxe studio. I'm very excited! I have changed resorts so often this trip DH & DS just roll their eyes at me when I bring up another resort but Poly has been on the wish list for a while. I plan on this being my last change.

I think you made a great change! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Between the parking and the pool...should I consider switching somewhere else? Or are there enough pluses to the Poly to outweigh the negatives?

I agree with the pp's that I wouldn't change as the positives definitely outweigh any negatives, IMO :).

I started another thread about this, but I’m nervous about not being able to find a parking spot at the Poly and now I’m wondering if maybe I didn’t make the best choice in resorts.

Folks are telling me that the pool is overrun with non-Poly guests. I’m saddened to hear this.

I can't speak to the parking thing, but I have read that complaint about non-guests and pools for just about every nice pool on property, save the AKL ones. Honestly there's no true way of knowing unless you physically see someone try to push in with someone else or if you overhear someone bragging about not staying there and using the pool. The lounger thing is tricky but I really don't have an issue with removing only towels from loungers if there's no personal items. If someone wants to tell me that was their chair, I can discuss that in the moment. I don't play dibs, and the lifeguards often go around picking up the dibs towels anyway.

I can't speak to the parking thing, but I have read that complaint about non-guests and pools for just about every nice pool on property, save the AKL ones. Honestly there's no true way of knowing unless you physically see someone try to push in with someone else or if you overhear someone bragging about not staying there and using the pool. The lounger thing is tricky but I really don't have an issue with removing only towels from loungers if there's no personal items. If someone wants to tell me that was their chair, I can discuss that in the moment. I don't play dibs, and the lifeguards often go around picking up the dibs towels anyway.
When I was there last month you had to scan your band to get into the pool area. I don’t remember it ever being propped open or anything. Obviously if a Poly guest wanted to let people in they could but I don’t remember it being overly crowded or anything. I have young children too so I’d definitely be the first to notice if things got crazy :)

We've stayed at the Poly many times (even over July 4th), and have never had a problem with either. We do tend to stay on the DVC side and use that lot, so that may be a good place to check if you need a spot!

Does anyone know about Easter baskets being sold at the Poly? We are flying in on Easter Sunday. I don't know if I should pre-buy from Disney Floral and Gifts. At this point, their selection is not impressing me. Or, should I wait till we get there and sneak off to buy something while DH stays with my DDs. Thanks.

Not sure but can you bring your own stuff down? This will be our first Easter home in a few years as we have been in FL. Twice we and our car so that wasn’t an issue. I do recall last year I packed all their crap, um..candy.... we don’t check our bags as we fly jet blue but they asked for things to be gate checked, I knew our stuff wouldn’t break because of how I packed it all. Most of the stuff didn’t come back home and what did the kids had to put in their back pack.

We have 3 kids so it’s 3 times the crap!

If you specifically request the ice cream they might bring it to you. We never asked and ice cream was never included with our room service "twilight feast". I am not sure how you would keep it from melting while you finished your meal. It's a lot of food!

As someone mentioned wanting two desserts, you could always send one person to Tambu lounge to order a bread pudding to bring back to your room and maybe if you tip nicely you could get extra ice cream :D

Thanks for the suggestions! I've been trying to read the older posts and Tokelau seems to get the love. I'd prefer to have a decent view but don't mind if we don't have a water glimpse or sideways view of MK. Just excited to try the Poly. We are BC/YC fans and weren't very happy at WL so really hoping to enjoy Poly. Can't wait to sample as much of the Poly perks as possible!
We have stayed at Tokelau twice on both East and West sides. It is our favorite longhouse since we like to enjoy time on the deck. It is also close to the TTC, Ceremonial House, bus and pools. Overall a great location but in my opinion you can't go wrong at the Poly.

If you specifically request the ice cream they might bring it to you. We never asked and ice cream was never included with our room service "twilight feast". I am not sure how you would keep it from melting while you finished your meal. It's a lot of food!

Do the Studios have a freezer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter