Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will not be able to see any of the projections from the beach, you are correct. As for music, they used to, but lately reports have been hit or miss. They were having issues with some of the speakers around the resort and not sure if it's all been fixed yet.

The speakers were all replaced last year and are all functioning well. The problem with the music for the fireworks is a problem with the feed coming from the Magic Kingdom. Nothing the resort can do. Was still not working for the fireworks last week.

most of the pictures at the beginning of this thread are missing. Where can I see lots of Poly pics? I need a fix, I'm at that point where my trip is close but not close enough to start packing. :)
There are some on the cl thread. Also tikimanpages.com. I also youtube videos and watch people walking the grounds.

Not to worry however I will be there TOMORROW:woohoo: for an unexpected trip with dd22. I booked Saturday lol.:rolleyes1

I love to post so let me know if any requests. Beach , pool:beach: and stuff I assume. We are in Hawaii so I will get castle from the lounge:cloud9:

Hey Steve!

There are some on the cl thread. Also tikimanpages.com. I also youtube videos and watch people walking the grounds.

Not to worry however I will be there TOMORROW:woohoo: for an unexpected trip with dd22. I booked Saturday lol.:rolleyes1

I love to post so let me know if any requests. Beach , pool:beach: and stuff I assume. We are in Hawaii so I will get castle from the lounge:cloud9:

Hey Steve!

Shoot me a message. I need some photos of the room that I could not get because we were not in a regular room and all rooms were full so I could not get into any to get photos.

Anyone know what the new prices will be for rooms? I saw there was some chatter about standard view being broken into pool/marina view now. Just curious if new prices have been released and what will still be considered standard view. Thanks!

Anyone know what the new prices will be for rooms? I saw there was some chatter about standard view being broken into pool/marina view now. Just curious if new prices have been released and what will still be considered standard view. Thanks!
Just saw the other thread! Sorry!!

most of the pictures at the beginning of this thread are missing. Where can I see lots of Poly pics? I need a fix, I'm at that point where my trip is close but not close enough to start packing. :)
I am aware of the problem and started working on it. I am retrieving all of the pictures from Photobucket and am re-uploading them directly to the DIS. Unfortunately it's summer and I have kids and things get busy! It will get done!

I agree! Thank you for posting...I was about to request the same thing, but you beat me to it. It appears that the poster needs to update their photobucket account.

Photobucket removed peoples photos. The fee for posting to a third party site is 399.00 a year.

Hey Steve!

Have a great trip! I'd love to see CL food pics :)

We had the dining plan last time. The biggest problem was that we had way too many snack credits left over, since we were getting our snacks in the lounge when we went back for an afternoon break. We also didn't need the refillable mugs because there were beverages in the lounge. But we did a late breakfast and normal dinner every day, after grabbing a quick early breakfast in the lounge. I'm on the fence about having the dining plan this time- we would about break even given that we're doing a bunch of character meals.

We also had a ton of leftover snack credits- we brought a a lot home and gave out to co-workers, teachers and friends.
We never used the refillable mugs when we stayed CL but I do like them as souvenirs.
But, I would probably still do the dining plan with my family- we do a lot of character meals and I do like my snacks and the convenience of the plan.

Tikiman just posted on Facebook the increase. Pool/marina will be $100 extra, plus it sounds like they are going to increase the $25 fee to $35 per extra adult over 2 in room and resort parking fees of $20
A day regardless if you are staying at the resort. I half wonder if this is cause you won't be needing their new minnie van uber?

Tikiman just posted on Facebook the increase. Pool/marina will be $100 extra, plus it sounds like they are going to increase the $25 fee to $35 per extra adult over 2 in room and resort parking fees of $20
A day regardless if you are staying at the resort. I half wonder if this is cause you won't be needing their new minnie van uber?

Is this resort parking fee effective immediately?

It's never unfortunate that it is summer! :beach:Enjoy your kids first! :yay::mickeybar

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Interesting changes, thanks for sharing :flower3:.

Well that's depressing. We drive down from the northeast. We have to put our car somewhere for Pete's sake. I can't believe we have to pay for parking at our own resort...that's a new one!

Photobucket removed peoples photos. The fee for posting to a third party site is 399.00.

That's a shame.

I am aware of the problem and started working on it. I am retrieving all of the pictures from Photobucket and am re-uploading them directly to the DIS. Unfortunately it's summer and I have kids and things get busy! It will get done!

I appreciate all of the work you will be putting into this. Thank you! I hope that you enjoy your summer and your kids. This time is precious...not to be taken for granted.

No worries at all! I hope it didn't seem that I was complaining about you not fixing it--I am aware there have been issues beyond your control. I was just looking for other resources to obsessively browse pictures of Poly before my trip!

Has anyone taken their kids to the open play at Lilo's clubhouse? Our Poly resort day is 8/26 and I was thinking of taking my 3 year here to play while the rest of the family is swimming. I was wondering what the activities are and if they have characters during the free play like they do during the evening babysitting.

Is this resort parking fee effective immediately?

I will lose my mind if that is effective immediately. I don't want to have to suddenly cough up another $140 for parking. And don't say "Well, if $140 is going to break your budget, maybe you shouldn't be going." (Been around the DIS long enough to know that is coming...) It's pure principle. And because that will be $140 less I'm spending in the parks...so Disney is coming out the same either way.

Is there a link somewhere that we can read more about these changes?

Right now, resort parking is rumor. Tikiman has good sources and doesn't sow fear and uncertainty for fun, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter