Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT + VILLAS Information & Questions

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by maiapapaya, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Farro

Farro It's a pasta! It's a grain! What?

Dalmation day! 101 days until WDW and The Polynesian!!! :)

2. Mousefan mom

Mousefan mom Mouseketeer

Can someone tell me if we will get to see a good view of Happily Ever After from the Poly beach? Do they pipe in the music? We are staying in a couple of weeks, and just wondering how much we can actually see from our resort. With MK closing so early this summer, its a bummer to give up that time when actually IN the park. I'm guessing though, we probably can't see the projections from Poly beach? Thanks!

Summer2018 likes this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

to hide this advert.
  4. kungaloosh22

kungaloosh22 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the photos! And thank goodness they finally fixed this. This used to drive me crazy!

Summer2018 and GADisneyDad14 like this.
  5. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

Summer2018 and GADisneyDad14 like this.
  6. MrsIncredible725

MrsIncredible725 Earning My Ears

Has anybody gone recently (or is currently there) and can give us an update on how difficult it is to get into Trader Sam's? Are people still lining up before 4, or has it calmed down?

Summer2018, Nikki0401 and Lsdolphin like this.
  7. merdie

merdie Mouseketeer

Hi! I'm looking for advice on which building to request. I've read through Tikiman's page, but also wanted to hear from others!

We are going the first week of February next year. We'd like to be close to the GCH and the monorail and booked standard view. Pros/cons of certain buildings? TIA!

8. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

We've only stayed in Samoa and loved it! It's very convenient as it's just steps from the GCH, both pools, Captain Cooks, and the beach :).

merdie likes this.
  9. Mousefan mom

Mousefan mom Mouseketeer

We stayed in Raratonga, which is adjacent to the Great Ceremonial House, and close to the pool, Lilo's and T and T center too. Great location on a standard room. Your view can be the monorail, but it isn't noisy (enough distance) and my kids enjoyed seeing the Monorail come in and out. We always request 3rd or 1st floor rooms so we can get a balcony or a patio (2nd floor rooms do not have these in the Poly). This year, I just put in a request for "close to the pool and the GCH" and then requested 1st or 3rd...we will see what we get. Samoa is great because you have pools on both sides--but I've heard its hard to get a request for because its the most commonly requested. Nuie ? is adjacent to Samoa and would be good too--but I believe there is no 3rd floor option there, so rooms are limited.

mickeynut1 and merdie like this.
  10. Cluelyss

Cluelyss DIS Veteran

You will not be able to see any of the projections from the beach, you are correct. As for music, they used to, but lately reports have been hit or miss. They were having issues with some of the speakers around the resort and not sure if it's all been fixed yet.

11. mantysk8coach

mantysk8coach Proud member of the DIS chapter of NKOTB Anonymous

We are driving down for the first time. On arrival day, how do you get through the Magic Kingdom parking plaza to park at the hotel? I know parking at the resort and parks are free, but how do you get through that first time without having to pay? Do they have a list of all check-in's for the day and you just show ID?

12. efmovie

efmovie Figment FTW

IS renting DVC points for a stay here in a studio villa relatively easy? Or is it a hard to get room? Really want to book here next October for my one year wedding anniversary

13. _auroraborealis_

_auroraborealis_ I like marshmallows. And adult beverages.

In October? Not at all easy. October is the height of DVC busy season, sometimes called Fall Frenzy. A lot of people request Poly points, and demand is higher than supply of owners renting in any season, let alone high season.

14. barbliny

barbliny DIS Veteran

We drove in June. Just tell the CM at the parking plaza booth that you are going to the Poly. We did this multiple times during our stay - our bands were never scanned or IDs matched to a list. To make it easier on yourself, use one of the booths to the far right since that is where the road to the Poly will be.

BigMommaMouse and mantysk8coach like this.
  15. efmovie

efmovie Figment FTW

Yikes! :( I have definitely heard that October-December is pretty busy for DVC. What do you think the most cost effective way to stay at the Poly that time of year is?

16. _auroraborealis_

IF you can get a DVC rental at $18pp, it's not bad. Last time I stayed non-DVC I used a travel agency special offer for convention rates, which was solid.

If they reclassify rooms and reduce the size of the Standard View, I would expect all prices to increase.

17. efmovie

efmovie Figment FTW

I've seen some people give high marks to travel agencies that can get good convention rates. I guess I'll float out a few options when the time comes to book and see which can get me the best deal/actually get me a room :)

18. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

In March dd22 and I walked from gf. We always wanted to try it and one night we were back from parks early. We had no wait. She got an appetizer and fun drink. She loved the way they present the drinks .

19. TandLMommy28

TandLMommy28 DIS Veteran

most of the pictures at the beginning of this thread are missing. Where can I see lots of Poly pics? I need a fix, I'm at that point where my trip is close but not close enough to start packing. :)

Summer2018 likes this.
  20. Summer2018

Summer2018 Earning My Ears

I agree! Thank you for posting...I was about to request the same thing, but you beat me to it. It appears that the poster needs to update their photobucket account.

21. _auroraborealis_

PhotoBucket is being a jerk to everyone right now, actually. Eventually, most people will need to move the photos.