Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, great! So based on this (if it didn't change) the monorail is the way to go in the morning, the boats start running far to late.

Lol, well, you've identified the one part of the Times Guide that has been wrong forever. What they publish about the boats running 30 minutes and buses 45 minutes prior to park opening is so wrong it's not even funny. Both run much earlier than that.

I'm not sure exactly what time the Poly-GF-MK resort launch starts running, but it tends to 'feel' pretty early when I start hearing those 'toots.

When I'm leaving for the MK in the morning, I'll often glance over at the water to see if I see a resort launch heading towards Poly. If I see it, I'll take the boat... if I don't see one, I'll take the monorail (assuming it's running).

When I'm leaving for the MK in the morning, I'll often glance over at the water to see if I see a resort launch heading towards Poly. If I see it, I'll take the boat... if I don't see one, I'll take the monorail (assuming it's running).

Where is the boat dock at Poly? What's near it?

I was looking on the main page and most of the pictures are not showing up. Is it just my phone? It says something about photo bucket???

Lol, well, you've identified the one part of the Times Guide that has been wrong forever. What they publish about the boats running 30 minutes and buses 45 minutes prior to park opening is so wrong it's not even funny. Both run much earlier than that.

I'm not sure exactly what time the Poly-GF-MK resort launch starts running, but it tends to 'feel' pretty early when I start hearing those.

At least two days we've been here this week the boat hasn't started till 30 mins before park opening. Wed morning I sat there until the first one showed up and it was a bit after 8:30.

I was looking on the main page and most of the pictures are not showing up. Is it just my phone? It says something about photo bucket???

Same problem here--I'm on a desktop right now.

Sorry. I didn't realize there was a problem. I have been planning on making some time to redo the pictures on the main page anyways.
I will check my photobucket account to see if it's an easy fix and will try to get the issue solved.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

**ETA: Ok, it isn't going to be a quick fix. I will be working on it over the weekend to try and get the page looking great again. Thanks!

Last edited:
Sorry. I didn't realize there was a problem. I have been planning on making some time to redo the pictures on the main page anyways.
I will check my photobucket account to see if it's an easy fix and will try to get the issue solved.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

**ETA: Ok, it isn't going to be a quick fix. I will be working on it over the weekend to try and get the page looking great again. Thanks!
Thanks for all your hard work!!

If I were to pay off my trip today (October 8-14) and Disney releases late fall discounts later, am I out of luck or will they reimburse me in some way?
Any input is appreciated!

What time would I need to be at Poly monorail to get to MK in time for EMM? Trying to decide if it's worth the additional cost and want to make sure we could actually get to the park on time for it. Uber/taxis not an option for transportation.

What time would I need to be at Poly monorail to get to MK in time for EMM? Trying to decide if it's worth the additional cost and want to make sure we could actually get to the park on time for it. Uber/taxis not an option for transportation.

I have been watching the monorail schedule because we have a PPO breakfast at BOG in July. The schedule for this week indicates the resort monorail runs at 7:00 am Monday and Tuesday. However, with all of the ongoing monorail issues, the schedule could change from week to week. Until recently, the monorail was not running until 8:30 am on Monday and Tuesday. I think it would be safe to do EMM on a Sunday when the resort monorail typically runs at 7:00 am.

I agree with @capegirl's advice. Keep watch of the Times Guide for the week when you are there, you can pick one up in the lobby. This is a handy link too, although it's not always updated with the current week right away: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

So long as you have 7 or 7:30AM resort line start times, you're good. If the monorail is not running, there are "supposed" to be busses running to MK but YMMV.

We did two EMMs last year, I thought it was one of the best upcharge events we've done. Really fit out touring style very well.

If you are waiting at the monorail at 7, you'll have plenty of time. I'd personally aim to be there no later than 7:15 (we'll do EMM from the Poly in August), but I'm not the nervous type. If you are, be there by 7:00.

Thanks for EMM monorail advice. We are staying CL at Poly so hoped to grab something quick before leaving since we'd do breakfast after 9:30 at MK. Glad to hear you thought it was worth it GADisneyDad. I hesitate because I don't know how our grandkids (4 and 5) will like 7DMT and we won't know until we get there. So I'd hate to spend that much extra...but we may just take the plunge if offered next May. Were you also able to squeeze in some other attractions once the park opened at 9:00 but before breakfast?

Thanks for EMM monorail advice. We are staying CL at Poly so hoped to grab something quick before leaving since we'd do breakfast after 9:30 at MK. Glad to hear you thought it was worth it GADisneyDad. I hesitate because I don't know how our grandkids (4 and 5) will like 7DMT and we won't know until we get there. So I'd hate to spend that much extra...but we may just take the plunge if offered next May. Were you also able to squeeze in some other attractions once the park opened at 9:00 but before breakfast?

FWIW, we stay CL too so grab a quick bite or bagel to go when we've done EMM just to have a little something in the tank. :-)

At 9, we skirted off to other parts of the park to take advantage of short lines, then made our way back for breakfast towards 9:45-10. Preference is to book it to BTMR and back-track from there.

Have fun!

If I were to pay off my trip today (October 8-14) and Disney releases late fall discounts later, am I out of luck or will they reimburse me in some way?
Any input is appreciated!

If you are able to apply a discount later, a credit for the amount of the discount will be issued to the cc you used.

At 9, we skirted off to other parts of the park to take advantage of short lines, then made our way back for breakfast towards 9:45-10. Preference is to book it to BTMR and back-track from there.

That's the timeline I was thinking. I'll make FP starting at 10 or so. With 4 little ones we are trying not to do much backtracking so if we've already done 7DMT, PP and Pooh, what rides in Fantasyland or possibly Tomorrowland would make the best use of our park time starting at 9:00? Such as something that might have a line at 10:00...Enchanted Tales w/Belle or go to Fairytale Hall? Some of the adults might take off for one of the mountains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!