Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a standard room booked but my only request options are: upper/lower floor, balcony and aotearoa building.
I was hoping to request a different building but I'm confused as to why that's my only option.

Anyone know?
Aotearoa is the only longhouse in which some of the standard view rooms face the lagoon. You can still call and request a different longhouse. And/or ask to be switched upon arrival, if you aren't placed in the longhouse that you wanted. They'll accomodate you if there is availability.

I have a standard room booked but my only request options are: upper/lower floor, balcony and aotearoa building.
I was hoping to request a different building but I'm confused as to why that's my only option.

Anyone know?

Don't mess with those online check-in request options (in my opinion). I'd call to have your requests added to your reservation as @Shanti suggests.

What are the options you are given at online check-in?
Does anyone have a screenshot, I wonder if it varies different times of the year

What are the options you are given at online check-in?
Does anyone have a screenshot, I wonder if it varies different times of the year
For a standard garden view room, the current options are:

1. Upper floor
2. Ground floor
3. Balcony (2nd floor rooms at Poly have no balcony, fyi)
4. Aotearoa building (this building has the only garden rooms with views of the lagoon, but not all of its garden rooms have views of the lagoon)

You get to choose two of those.

1. Upper floor
2. Ground floor
4. Aotearoa building (this building has the only garden rooms with views of the lagoon, but not all of its garden rooms have views of the lagoon)

And not to rag on Disney IT, but those are the same options you get even with something like a CL reservation - where you 100% won't be in Aotearoa! :rotfl:

1. Upper floor
2. Ground floor

This is very helpful. Thank You

Question:

We're staying club level for our 9 night package, but added a night and are staying in a standard room just for the night since it'll pretty much be just a room for us to sleep in. Question though as I see a Garden View CL has opened up for that one night. When staying club level and doing check-in/check-out, is all that done in the building where the club level lounge is? Or would we have to go back to the GCH anyway to check out and check back in?

1. Upper floor
2. Ground floor

Aotearoa is the only longhouse you can request?! They've always had the choice of any of the longhouses.

Aotearoa is the only longhouse you can request?! They've always had the choice of any of the longhouses.
It's the only longhouse you can currently request via online check-in, but you can call reservations and request a different longhouse, if you like.

It's the only longhouse you can request via online check-in, but you can call reservations and request a different longhouse, if you like.
Will have to do that! Our last trip was March 2016 and they still had every longhouse available to request with the online check-in.

Will have to do that! Our last trip was March 2016 and they still had every longhouse available to request with the online check-in.
I've noticed that the options for online check-in in general (not just at Poly) have changed as of late. On the whole, there seem to be fewer choices. There must have been a lot of people demanding & complaining that their choices weren't accommodated.

I've noticed that the options for online check-in in general (not just at Poly) have changed as of late. On the whole, there seem to be fewer choices. There must have been a lot of people demanding & complaining that their choices weren't accommodated.
I wonder why Aotearoa would be the only remaining one? I have stayed in that longhouse and enjoyed it! lol

I wonder why Aotearoa would be the only remaining one? I have stayed in that longhouse and enjoyed it! lol
As I noted above, it is the only longhouse in which some of the garden view rooms actually have a lagoon view.

Actually, the explanation is much simpler than that.

Last year, around this time, Disney did the big explosion of choices for online check-in. EVERY longhouse was listed (even Hawaii and Tonga, for all the good they do most Poly bookings!). "Guaranteed" connecting rooms were a choice! You name it, it was a choice. It was kinda bananas. Many choices were also physically impossible. This happened at every resort.

Someone realized that this was nuts and got IT to "roll back" the choices. But IT did not roll back to what was previously offered. They rolled back, in most instances, to ~5 options -- and at Poly, this ended up being Upper, Ground, Balcony, Patio, and to get a 5th, they left the first longhouse in the alpha order of longhouses.

I actually don't think more thought went into it than that. A comes first.

Actually, the explanation is much simpler than that.

Last year, around this time, Disney did the big explosion of choices for online check-in. EVERY longhouse was listed (even Hawaii and Tonga, for all the good they do most Poly bookings!). "Guaranteed" connecting rooms were a choice! You name it, it was a choice. It was kinda bananas. Many choices were also physically impossible. This happened at every resort.

Someone realized that this was nuts and got IT to "roll back" the choices. But IT did not roll back to what was previously offered. They rolled back, in most instances, to ~5 options -- and at Poly, this ended up being Upper, Ground, Balcony, Patio, and to get a 5th, they left the first longhouse in the alpha order of longhouses.

I actually don't think more thought went into it than that. A comes first.

Well I guess this is helpful for those of us who have a heads up and choose to call to add a specific longhouse rather than just relying on the online form! Everyone else will be requesting Aotearoa! LOL :earboy2:

I'm sure this has been asked a million times so I apologize but on an EMH morning at MK what time do the monorails and boats start running? Thanks!

I'm sure this has been asked a million times so I apologize but on an EMH morning at MK what time do the monorails and boats start running? Thanks!

Transportation times can vary from week to week (and by day). Check this link the week of your trip and you will see what time the monorails start. As an example, this week the MK Resorts monorail starts running at 7:00 am every day.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!