Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting on DME waiting to leave MCO for my first Poly stay!! I'm afraid it's going to be awhile; there's only three other families on the bus and we've been sitting here for a bit. I just want to get there!! So excited!

Hope you have a great time! :yay:

Pics are greatly appreciated :flower3:

::yes::

We check into the Poly on July 4th, so excited!

You will be there before you know it! Hope you have a great 4th of July trip :wizard:.

So first impressions: the resort itself is absolutely gorgeous. It really does make me feel relaxed and happy. Adore Captain Cooks. Love the Oasis Pool and the friendly service from the bartenders.
The only let down is the room itself. The location in Tokelau is absolutely amazing, but the room was not properly cleaned prior to check in. Merchandise tags and crumbs on the floor. Hair in the shower. Two towels wth spots all over them when you hold them up to the light. So that's a little disappointing, especially considering how pricey these rooms are. But I'm absolutely in love with the resort itself!!!

Glad you are loving the Poly. I'm sorry about the not-so-clean room. I agree with the pp's to bring it to the attention of a manager. Enjoy the rest of your stay :).

Hope you have a wonderful rest of the stay, even with any bumps along the way.

I agree! :goodvibes

Hi everyone. After 10 years we are finally staying at the Polynesian (standard room) again. I couldn't remember which building we were in our first stay but I think I've narrowed it down to Fiji (we had a view of landscaping/partial view of the monorail straight on and a sliver of the beach/lagoon outside our patio doors to the right).

I'm probably overthinking this but I'm debating a room request. We're not in the room enough to care about the view but we do usually ask to be close to transportation. If the goal is to be centrally located for all transportation would you suggest Rarotonga/Samoa/Tokelau area? Or somewhere else? I really don't know if I care enough to request a specific longhouse (I loved our location last time too) but getting opinions never hurts :).

Has anyone ever used Amazon Prime at the Polynesian? I know this has been asked, but the threads are all over the place. I'm familiar with Garden Grocer, but I wanted to buy several baby items that'll be cheaper via amazon.

We used Amazon prime over the last Christmas holiday and it was wonderful. Our box was in our room when we checked in and we didn't get charged.

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone knows. We have a 9:00 am Park Fare ADR at the GF on Monday 7/17. It appears as though the monorail may not be running until 8:30 am. When I booked this I never thought about the darn monorail schedule!
What is the situation at bag check at the Poly when the monorail has a late start? Does everything run smoothly, or is there a significant back up at bag check? There are 10 of us, and three strollers, so I'm a little concerned about getting to Park Fare on time.

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone knows. We have a 9:00 am Park Fare ADR at the GF on Monday 7/17. It appears as though the monorail may not be running until 8:30 am. When I booked this I never thought about the darn monorail schedule!
What is the situation at bag check at the Poly when the monorail has a late start? Does everything run smoothly, or is there a significant back up at bag check? There are 10 of us, and three strollers, so I'm a little concerned about getting to Park Fare on time.

I'm not sure how mobile all 10 people in your party are, but it is a lovely walk between the two resorts.

I'm not sure how mobile all 10 people in your party are, but it is a lovely walk between the two resorts.

I was trying to avoid the walk as I did not want to hear any complaints, but yes, this is my plan B if the monorail is out. I will have to prepare the group to mobilize. :rotfl:

I can't say I've personally experienced one of those later starting monorail times like that, but in general my experience with the monorail security from Poly (or any of the MK resorts) since they changed the security setup has been excellent at various times of day.

Watch the times guide because those later start days do tend to move around from week to week and might not even be a factor for your week in question.

If you don't like what you see when there on the ground, I would also suggest walking if your group can handle it. It's a short (5-10 mins depending on pace) and very pleasant walk.

Hi everyone. After 10 years we are finally staying at the Polynesian (standard room) again. I couldn't remember which building we were in our first stay but I think I've narrowed it down to Fiji (we had a view of landscaping/partial view of the monorail straight on and a sliver of the beach/lagoon outside our patio doors to the right).

I'm probably overthinking this but I'm debating a room request. We're not in the room enough to care about the view but we do usually ask to be close to transportation. If the goal is to be centrally located for all transportation would you suggest Rarotonga/Samoa/Tokelau area? Or somewhere else? I really don't know if I care enough to request a specific longhouse (I loved our location last time too) but getting opinions never hurts :).

We found Samoa to be centrally located to everything :).

If you don't like what you see when there on the ground, I would also suggest walking if your group can handle it. It's a short (5-10 mins depending on pace) and very pleasant walk.

I agree, it's a very nice walk that doesn't take that long :goodvibes.

What time can you check in / park the car at the poly? We are driving over from art of animation and will have already checked in online. Just need a place to put the car / leave the bags because we have a CRT reservation at 8:20am. Ideally we would be getting off the monorail at 7:45 or so. Unless something changes drastically, there is no thing as too early for my kids and since its our first park day I suspect they won't be sleeping much past 6.

What time can you check in / park the car at the poly? We are driving over from art of animation and will have already checked in online. Just need a place to put the car / leave the bags because we have a CRT reservation at 8:20am. Ideally we would be getting off the monorail at 7:45 or so. Unless something changes drastically, there is no thing as too early for my kids and since its our first park day I suspect they won't be sleeping much past 6.

Will you be staying at Polly ?

If so, you can leave your bags will Bell Services so they don't have to swealter in the heat of the car. Also, Disney will transfer bags from one resort to another, if you wish -- we did this moving from Wilderness Lodge to AoA one trip.

I have read elsewhere that you can check in as early as about 6 -- basically, once their computer system switch over to the "new day". Hopefully someone can chime in who has actually done it that early.

SW

Yes we are staying at the Polly. We thought about using the bell service but since we'll have a car it seemed easiest just to do the transfer ourselves.
I may try to call, if we can't check in early enough we'll probably drive to MK the first day, though that is less ideal than using the monorail

Drive to the Poly, leave your bags with bell services, park then hop on the monorail. When you arrive back at the end of the day call down to or stop by bell services to retrieve your luggage. If you have anything to be refrigerated pack it separately and indicate it to bell services. No need to leave your luggage in the car then traipse to the car after a day at MK.

Also, there is no "driving to MK" - you'll need to park at TTC then take the monorail or boat so it really will not take you much more time to go to the Poly.

Make sure the monorail be running early that morning or you'll need another plan!

We did the exact same thing - AoA to Poly - a little more than a week ago. You should add the step of checking out of AoA (took me less than 2 minutes, we had everything in the car, my husband dropped me off at the front door, and I was back out in a flash). You can't be checked into 2 resorts at the same time, so this eliminates any snafu checking into the Poly - it's a lot quicker to run by the front desk at AoA, than to possibly have the 2 resorts need to sort it out when you're itching to get to the park. You could also check out over the phone, but I just chose doing it in person.

You can check into the Poly as early as 6:00 am - we were there at 6:40 am - added bonus is that all the CMs are fresh and looking for something to do for the day!

Drive to the Poly, leave your bags with bell services, park then hop on the monorail. When you arrive back at the end of the day call down to or stop by bell services to retrieve your luggage. If you have anything to be refrigerated pack it separately and indicate it to bell services. No need to leave your luggage in the car then traipse to the car after a day at MK.

Also, there is no "driving to MK" - you'll need to park at TTC then take the monorail or boat so it really will not take you much more time to go to the Poly.

Make sure the monorail be running early that morning or you'll need another plan!

This is exactly what we did - dropped the bags with bell services, including a few refrigerated items, and then checked in and headed to a park.

We did keep a separate bag with bathing suits for everyone in the car in case the room wasn't ready when we got back from the park. And that was exactly the case, so we just got the bag out of the car and my girls changed into suits and waited by the pool for the room text. If everything is with bell services, that would have been much harder to accomplish.

We were going to Epcot for EMH - and the monorail to Epcot didn't start until 7:30, so the monorail schedule was an issue for us. We drove to Epcot instead to make sure we got there in plenty of time.

So is it true that you go through security at the Poly before boarding the monorail, and you don't have to go through security at MK? Same deal if you take a boat?

Where do you go through security if you walk from Poly to TTC, then ride momorail to Epcot?

So is it true that you go through security at the Poly before boarding the monorail, and you don't have to go through security at MK? Same deal if you take a boat?

Where do you go through security if you walk from Poly to TTC, then ride momorail to Epcot?
Yes, security prior to boarding the monorail at the Poly then straight to the MK turnstiles. On the boat ride, upon exiting the boat at the MK(when departing from the Poly) we went through a security checkpoint. It was very easy. At the TTC- bag check and security prior to boarding the monorail and then again before entering Epcot. Hope this helps, have a great trip!

I have a standard room booked but my only request options are: upper/lower floor, balcony and aotearoa building.
I was hoping to request a different building but I'm confused as to why that's my only option.

Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!