Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. It's been a recent trend. The newly refurbished rooms at Yacht Club and CSR have had the ceiling fans removed. :badpc:

I think it might have to do with the rumor of WDW getting rid of the 3 resort levels and moving to locations. MK area resorts, Epcot Area resorts, etc. The new Pop room refurb has the rooms getting Coffee Makers and upgraded fridges, the same ones as in new Yacht Club rooms. The "Values" have been getting towels at the Main Feature Pools recently. So the extra amenities that "Moderates" and "Deluxes" used to have are dwindling.
This rumor always intrigues me. It will be VERY hard for me to not consider Pop and All-Stars as values when comparing them to Poly. Even if they do get that new Queen and Twin pull-down. Thats a value+ lol. The resort amenities can no way compare to my beloved Poly!

This rumor always intrigues me. It will be VERY hard for me to not consider Pop and All-Stars as values when comparing them to Poly. Even if they do get that new Queen and Twin pull-down. Thats a value+ lol. The resort amenities can no way compare to my beloved Poly!

Definitely! The Deluxes will always have location, multiple modes of transportation, signature restaurants, bigger rooms, etc. There will always be differences, but I really do believe they want to move away from the 3 levels they have now.

Location isn't always key esp when the transportation option is a monorail that frequently breaks down or is on a modified schedule. There have been times that I've told DH that Disney needs to open up more walking paths because it seems like we can walk faster than monorailing it

Just back from 9 nights at our happy place. First 4 nights were at Poly Club Level. We had 3rd floor Garden View. We were on the opposite end as the lounge - and at first I was a little bummed, but itr actually turned out to be a great location. It was a quick walk to the lounge - but the best part was the easy exit to the pool. Everything was good - from cast members to the club offerings (all were same as what has been discussed last few weeks). I will say the Adult POG juice - OMG was that delish!!

We rented out the cabana for the later half a day and had Twilight Feast and special cakes delivered. Thank you @GADisneyDad14 for the info - the cabana was perfect for our needs and would absolutely recommend. And of course the cake and Twilight Feast were a major hit.

Also super big thank you to @GADisneyDad14 for the heads up and info on the Happily Ever After Dessert Party with Plaza Garden viewing. We did exactly like you - watched one night from the beach and then checked out the dessert party after. That viewing location was AMAZING! We loved the show - even though we are huge Wishes fans - this show is great! We also had a bonus and the 2 signers that sing the new Happily Ever After song were there and sang the song live after the show. y DD was so excited because she loves Jordan Fisher!

Here are the 2 cakes just for fun!

20170521_183903.jpg 20170521_183944.jpg

Location isn't always key esp when the transportation option is a monorail that frequently breaks down or is on a modified schedule. There have been times that I've told DH that Disney needs to open up more walking paths because it seems like we can walk faster than monorailing it

As far as location, I was speaking of Deluxes in general and more to the fact of being able to watch Wishes from your resort, being able to walk to MK, Epcot and DHS, etc.

I'm writing this while watching my 4 yo in the splash area. We both have dole whip drinks (hers is a smoothie, mine has rum. Both from the pool bar.) It's our first stay at the Poly and we're in Tokelau on the west/Oasis pool side.

I'm. In. Heaven. I love the location, love the resort, love the restaurants and bars. We put the kids to bed and watched fireworks from our patio last night-how cool is that??? Monorail to Epcot is a snap.

Oh we had a PPO ADR in Epcot and thinking about transportation caused me a fair amount of stress since we have 2 in car seats. Concierge recommended we use a mears taxi so that's what we did. It was super quick and reasonably priced ($13) but the car seats were dirty and expired. So I would not recommend this. Next time I'll wake the kids up at the crack of dawn and wait for the breakfast bus.
Thanks for the update! I'll be at Poly in September for the first time and love reading about other people's stays.

Just back from 9 nights at our happy place. First 4 nights were at Poly Club Level. We had 3rd floor Garden View. We were on the opposite end as the lounge - and at first I was a little bummed, but itr actually turned out to be a great location. It was a quick walk to the lounge - but the best part was the easy exit to the pool. Everything was good - from cast members to the club offerings (all were same as what has been discussed last few weeks). I will say the Adult POG juice - OMG was that delish!!

We rented out the cabana for the later half a day and had Twilight Feast and special cakes delivered. Thank you @GADisneyDad14 for the info - the cabana was perfect for our needs and would absolutely recommend. And of course the cake and Twilight Feast were a major hit.

Also super big thank you to @GADisneyDad14 for the heads up and info on the Happily Ever After Dessert Party with Plaza Garden viewing. We did exactly like you - watched one night from the beach and then checked out the dessert party after. That viewing location was AMAZING! We loved the show - even though we are huge Wishes fans - this show is great! We also had a bonus and the 2 signers that sing the new Happily Ever After song were there and sang the song live after the show. y DD was so excited because she loves Jordan Fisher!

View attachment 241009 View attachment 241010

Wow, NICE CAKES!!! Are those from the Disney cake/bakery whatever it's called?

I had a room once on the far end of the Hawaii building away from the lounge. At first I was bummed too but then you realize just how few people walk by your room if you're towards that end, and it's nice and quiet! And it's not a particularly large building to begin with at all.

If you don't mind me asking, how was the music volume on the beach?

Glad you enjoyed HEA. I've been watching YouTube videos with DS and keep noticing new things every time I watch.

Thanks for the trip report! Seems like you had a good time! :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Wow, NICE CAKES!!! Are those from the Disney cake/bakery whatever it's called?

I had a room once on the far end of the Hawaii building away from the lounge. At first I was bummed too but then you realize just how few people walk by your room if you're towards that end, and it's nice and quiet! And it's not a particularly large building to begin with at all.

If you don't mind me asking, how was the music volume on the beach?

Glad you enjoyed HEA. I've been watching YouTube videos with DS and keep noticing new things every time I watch.

Thanks for the trip report! Seems like you had a good time! :thumbsup2

The cakes are from Disney. They are made by the Grand Floridian bakery. Check out my post in the Restaurant thread "the official cake chatter" thread and there is a picture of the 3rd cake we had at Yacht Club - it was AMAZING! No words to describe.

The hall is misleading at first - but seems short by the time we left. It was kinda noisy - lots of people using that exit - but not enough to complain about or dampen any experience.

Music? What Music? :rotfl2:We did not hear a thing on the beach.

Our trip was so great! We are actually in the process of relocating from NYC to South Florida (this trip has been booked for awhile) so we upgraded to annual passes while we were there. We will absolutely be going back in the fall - if I can find a somewhat affordable Club level room. Eek - the prices for Sept/Oct are no joke - even the Bounce back offer was too much.

This is true - we've been spoiled by the CR TPV rooms, and DH isn't as sold on the Poly view but hoping once he sees it, he's not as doom and gloom about it :)

I actually prefer watching the MK fireworks from the Poly over CR because your looking at the Castle pretty much straight on. Both are great, just a preference.

Poly has my favorite view too :) I've watched from GF and CR, but you get a great angle from Poly. I even enjoy it from 'Ohana when you get seated just right.

We are on the third floor about middle way, we requested first or third floor. Also, The entire first floor is closed in the Hawaii building. They are remodeling or something, I will ask about that In the lounge when I remember.
Oh no!!!love the first floor. Thanks for updates

Poly has my favorite view too :) I've watched from GF and CR, but you get a great angle from Poly. I even enjoy it from 'Ohana when you get seated just right.

Well we have a 6:50 - thinking that'll be way too early but another part thinks if reports are true about reservations getting behind -- we may get lucky after all :)

Well we have a 6:50 - thinking that'll be way too early but another part thinks if reports are true about reservations getting behind -- we may get lucky after all :)
I've had pretty good luck and only had minimal waits at 'Ohana! If you finish beforehand, you can go right out to the beach. Win win! Lol

View attachment 241009 View attachment 241010

I might steal your idea of renting the cabana and ordering the twilight feast? was it good to have there at the quiet pool??

Did they take the runners off of the beds? Recent pictures at most hotels just look like a bed with sheets on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter