Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 233599 We just got back from our 2nd stay at the Poly. Got upgraded from a Garden Club to a Theme Park Club. 2nd year in a row that happened and to the exact same room, #3507. We're already looking at booking in October. We've fallen in love with the Poly. Here's the view from our room.

We have had the pleasure of being assigned that very room on a couple of occasions--love the view (and loved it more prior to the bungalows--but that's another story)!

I hope this is the right thread to post on, since I need input from people who have used the monorail between EPCOT and Poly. I have a question regarding a morning monorail ride from EPCOT to Poly. On Thurs., 6/22, we will be going to EPCOT for the morning extra magic hour at 8am and plan to just hit the Frozen Ever After ride, then take the monorail from EPCOT to Poly for 9:35am breakfast reservations at Kona Cafe. Is this an unrealistic timeline? Will we likely miss our reservation?
It depends on when the monorail starts running that day.

Watched Wishes from the Beach last night - they did play the music but it sounded like it only came from one speaker and was not very loud. People talked over it and I could barely hear it. The view was amazing though.

Hanging at the pool for the day and then heading home tonight. Definitely enjoyed our short stay here! Beautiful resort, staying on the monorail is all it was cracked up to be.

Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the Poly :).

View attachment 233599 We just got back from our 2nd stay at the Poly. Got upgraded from a Garden Club to a Theme Park Club. 2nd year in a row that happened and to the exact same room, #3507. We're already looking at booking in October. We've fallen in love with the Poly. Here's the view from our room.View attachment 233590 View attachment 233591 View attachment 233592 View attachment 233594

Congrats on the upgrade! Glad you had another great stay. Awesome room view, thanks for sharing the pics :flower3:.

View attachment 233599 We just got back from our 2nd stay at the Poly. Got upgraded from a Garden Club to a Theme Park Club. 2nd year in a row that happened and to the exact same room, #3507. We're already looking at booking in October. We've fallen in love with the Poly. Here's the view from our room.View attachment 233590 View attachment 233591 View attachment 233592 View attachment 233594
Beautiful view!!! August 1st can't get here fast enough. I'm ready to enjoy wishes from the beach. Thanks for sharing

If anyone is there now and dont mind -- I posted a question about the cabanas at the Oasis Pool and the poster stated that someone who recently stayed in January-February said they are on a first come first served basis. Can you ask the front desk or by the pool if this is in fact true or not? I reserved a cabana for our September stay but if its first come first served, not sure how they booked it?

If anyone is there now and dont mind -- I posted a question about the cabanas at the Oasis Pool and the poster stated that someone who recently stayed in January-February said they are on a first come first served basis. Can you ask the front desk or by the pool if this is in fact true or not? I reserved a cabana for our September stay but if its first come first served, not sure how they booked it?

This is wrong.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/11/polynesian-village-resort-now-offering-paid-pool-cabana-rentals/
http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resort...utes-fees-for-covered-patio-use-at-oasis-pool

If it is not reserved, I'm sure people are permitted to use it, but if reserved it is absolutely not FCFS.

how do people know though if its reserved or not? we obviously dont want to get into an argument with anyone there that may not know and have made themselves comfortable or even not be by the cabana.

how do people know though if its reserved or not? we obviously dont want to get into an argument with anyone there that may not know and have made themselves comfortable or even not be by the cabana.

When I was there yesterday afternoon, it looked like there were signs on the table set up saying the cabanas were reserved with the family's name.

View attachment 233599 We just got back from our 2nd stay at the Poly. Got upgraded from a Garden Club to a Theme Park Club. 2nd year in a row that happened and to the exact same room, #3507. We're already looking at booking in October. We've fallen in love with the Poly. Here's the view from our room.

I have an almost identical picture from Tuesday night - I did a double take thinking that was mine, lol.

Here is mine:

17990870_10209040687122506_3567937555982513517_n.jpg

If someone removes the card and has parked in your cabana, get staff to help, and also (politely) request/demand partial refund from the staff for time unable to to use.

They do put a card in about Reserved. I have no doubt some people "lose" them. At the same time, there's no purpose to policing them when not reserved, much as there's not when someone hasn't reserved the municipal picnic shelter.

When I was there yesterday afternoon, it looked like there were signs on the table set up saying the cabanas were reserved with the family's name.

Thank you!

If someone removes the card and has parked in your cabana, get staff to help, and also (politely) request/demand partial refund from the staff for time unable to to use.

They do put a card in about Reserved. I have no doubt some people "lose" them. At the same time, there's no purpose to policing them when not reserved, much as there's not when someone hasn't reserved the municipal picnic shelter.

Thank you and LOL @ picnic shelter because that's exactly what it looks like! But in the September heat/humidity it may work out well for us and our pale irish skins :)

I responded to your other thread too, but repeating here as well.

The cabanas are "roped off" so to say and there is also a placard. The placard either has "Reserved for XXXX" on it or "To Reserve, Call XXXXX."

These photos will help. Info accurate as of Feb 2017.

As you can see, they are "roped" off on three sides. The couch blocks the "back."

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

I responded to your other thread too, but repeating here as well.

The cabanas are "roped off" so to say and there is also a placard. The placard either has "Reserved for XXXX" on it or "To Reserve, Call XXXXX."

These photos will help. Info accurate as of Feb 2017.

As you can see, they are "roped" off on three sides. The couch blocks the "back."

View attachment 233667

View attachment 233668

View attachment 233669

That's great thank you! Did you use the cabanas there?

No, haven't booked one at Poly. These aren't really my cup of tea for our style. Kids are back/forth to the other pool too much to ever have any value! :-)

Thank you again! That's DH's concern/comment as well when I booked. Guess we'll try it for at least one of our days and if it doesnt, we'll cancel our remaining days. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter