Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! First trip alone with my husband. I have to say, it's nice not having the kids here (though I do feel a little bad) lol. It's looking like highs in the 80s next week, so you may just get some pool time! Enjoy :)
The first alone is strange but very relaxing. You'll reminisce the whole time about your other trips but all happy thoughts.

Have a great time and enjoy that weather:sunny:

We will be there 10/17-10/27 for our first Poly stay.

The Poly is amazing, you're going to love it! :goodvibes

Yes, definitely! And Tikiman responded to me on a FB message that the Poly floor plans are up to date. What a great resource he is. Unlike the first CM I called who said that I could not make a resort reservation at what was 458 days in advance on the day I called. I told her I could make it by phone at 499 days in advance for resort only and she said I would need to go online for that. I told her I was on the WDW website as we were speaking and the reservation calendar only went to the end of 2017. She still insisted she could not take my reservation by phone. So I thanked her and called back and got a much more informed CM. Wow! I had no idea...!

I'm sorry you got a very uninformed CM the first time you called, but glad you called back and got someone more knowledgeable to make your reservation :).

Aloha everyone! :sunny:

My husband and I just decided to take our great-niece to WDW for a week, for her high school graduation present! We told her tonight via FaceTime because she lives in NJ and we're in MA. My husband and I used funny props to lead up to the surprise. LOL We discussed it with my niece and her husband (her parents) and we all thought it best to tell her now since she will be deciding about employment once she graduates. We're going the 3rd week of August and that works out well for her and she is SO excited!

Anyway.... is there anything new at the resort since Aug 2015? I know that the Oasis pool is now open and it looks gorgeous! Is there any work going on there now, or anything scheduled for this summer?

We'll be staying in the Hawaii building which we're very familiar with, and we're looking forward to showing her a nice time. She is extremely sweet and loves Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, etc so we'll be planning our itinerary to include all of those things. :D

Sorry for rambling (as usual LOL), I'm just so excited to be bringing a newbie to WDW!!! lol

How exciting and what a great graduation gift! Hope everyone has a great time :wizard:.

It seems like last week I was in triple digits until our Poly visit and now I can make fastpasses in 8 days! Whoohoo! I just hope time continues to go as fast..... :hourglass pixiedust:

Good luck getting your FPs, hope you get what you want :wizard:.

We will be at the poly next month for 7 nights, and just booked 7 nights lakeview in September. We are poly addicts now.

It doesn't take much to get addicted to the Poly! Hope you have a great time on both trips :goodvibes.

How did your EMH work at MK? What time did you enter the park? Thanks!

I was referring to the paid event EMM - Extra Magic Morning - not the free to hotel guest EMH - Extra Magic Hour. For EMM we checked in and were given a wristband and then waited with all of the PPO reservation folks. At 7:45am they let us all in. We were all routed around the left side of the castle where folks separated a bit as they headed to their respective locations. Hope that helps.

Well, we just booked into the Poly for 10/28-11/1. Just a quick trip for Halloween since it's the only time of year we haven't done and I'll be doing Wine & Dine so we're piggybacking on that trip. (My family will go home, while I meet up with my BFF to run.) We booked TPV and I'm a little nervous about it only because I wonder how good the view is. My DH is obsessed with the Contemporary. He is retired military and his idea of perfection is watching the fireworks from our room. I'm guessing the views from the TPV are good enough for this on the days we're not doing the Halloween party or some other nighttime entertainment. It will be our first stay at the Poly and I'm excited about it since it's a bucket list item, and surprised my hubby agreed to a new resort!

Well, we just booked into the Poly for 10/28-11/1. Just a quick trip for Halloween since it's the only time of year we haven't done and I'll be doing Wine & Dine so we're piggybacking on that trip. (My family will go home, while I meet up with my BFF to run.) We booked TPV and I'm a little nervous about it only because I wonder how good the view is. My DH is obsessed with the Contemporary. He is retired military and his idea of perfection is watching the fireworks from our room. I'm guessing the views from the TPV are good enough for this on the days we're not doing the Halloween party or some other nighttime entertainment. It will be our first stay at the Poly and I'm excited about it since it's a bucket list item, and surprised my hubby agreed to a new resort!

There is pretty much NOTHING to be nervous about booking TPV at Poly! This view is from a Hawaii club level TPV room, but a regular TPV room will be generally similar (to the left of this over towards the Poly boat dock you see).

Poly TPV rooms are great for fireworks viewing as well. I'd argue better than CR since you have a head on view (but CR is great as well). One difference.... at CR you can play the music on the TV in your room so you get the full effect. You can't do that at Poly, so are dependent on the ambient music playing at the resort (which may/may not be audible from your room). That's the only minor nit.

Hope that helps!

Poly CL View - Panorama.jpeg

There is pretty much NOTHING to be nervous about booking TPV at Poly! This view is from a Hawaii club level TPV room, but a regular TPV room will be generally similar (to the left of this over towards the Poly boat dock you see).

Poly TPV rooms are great for fireworks viewing as well. I'd argue better than CR since you have a head on view (but CR is great as well). One difference.... at CR you can play the music on the TV in your room so you get the full effect. You can't do that at Poly, so are dependent on the ambient music playing at the resort (which may/may not be audible from your room). That's the only minor nit.

Hope that helps!

View attachment 219600

Tip- They didn't have any music 2 summers ago and last year watched from our patio we pulled up the music on our phone worked great

Just to shed some light on the towel animals. I posted this about 8 months ago but still stands as true.

My aunt was a housekeeper at WDW for 14 years and recently retired. The towel animals were always meant for guests to take home if they wanted. Therefore, the towels the housekeepers used to make the animals are towels that were going to be taken out of "service" due to fraying, looking ragged etc. That's why they were not always left for guests because there had to be some that were going to be "retired". Not only did there need to be towels available to be made into animals, the housekeeper had to have the time to make them up. They were always meant to be something special, not expected. And as the guests started complaining that they are paying $$$ for the room or tipping $$$ and not getting towels animals EVERY day, they have decided to stop the practice. Though there still are some housekeepers that enjoy doing it so much that they will still do it. But as a whole, they are not encouraged to any longer. So if you do get some, enjoy. But don't expect them.

:cool1:ME :bride:DW pirate:DS14

Great info! Anyone taken one home recently? Curious if missing towel charge was billed to the room or if I can be looking out for our November trip. :rolleyes1

Great info! Anyone taken one home recently? Curious if missing towel charge was billed to the room or if I can be looking out for our November trip. :rolleyes1

We received a little good luck towel animal at POR in November. It was super cute and had a little tag they'd made that said "good luck on the race from your friends at POR" or something like that. I totally took it home to show my kids! No charge anywhere/anytime.

I'm so grateful for all of you experts on here or I would be equally uninformed! Glad to be able to have a way to get questions answered quickly and correctly on here!

I agree, these boards are great for getting lots of great (as well as correct) information :).

Well, we just booked into the Poly for 10/28-11/1. Just a quick trip for Halloween since it's the only time of year we haven't done and I'll be doing Wine & Dine so we're piggybacking on that trip.

Halloween is a fun time to go. Hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

We stayed in a DVC 3rd floor lakeview studio in Moorea last April and really loved it with one major exception. I have to assume the connecting doors between the rooms are made of tissue paper, because I can tell you far more than I'd EVER want about the couple and their three children who were in the connecting room the first few nights (i.e., that Noisy Dad is under the impression if he bought "more expensive" points he could buy a better view, a comment he made while we were all on our balconies watching Wishes ::: headdesk ::: ). Do any of the rooms NOT have those doors? We're scheduled back in November/December, and if I can get one without the connecting, I'd be a much happier camper.

We stayed in a DVC 3rd floor lakeview studio in Moorea last April and really loved it with one major exception. I have to assume the connecting doors between the rooms are made of tissue paper, because I can tell you far more than I'd EVER want about the couple and their three children who were in the connecting room the first few nights (i.e., that Noisy Dad is under the impression if he bought "more expensive" points he could buy a better view, a comment he made while we were all on our balconies watching Wishes ::: headdesk ::: ). Do any of the rooms NOT have those doors? We're scheduled back in November/December, and if I can get one without the connecting, I'd be a much happier camper.
There are only about 4-5 total studios at Poly DVC that do not connect. Your odds are poor.

How early would we need to leave the Poly via monorail to be at MK for rope drop?
With the new opening it's not as congested as before. If you want to be earlish 8;30 will work. You will be to MK and through security and gates with time to spare. You now get to walk around Main Street and up to the hub until opening.

At poly I don't ever go to mono before 8;15 for a 9 am. 8;20 -8;30 we leave the room to head for it. We are fast walkers. Also for buses I like to be at the stop by 8:15-8:20 for a 9am park opening. That way I either just catch a bus or have time for the next one and get there on time.

With the new opening it's not as congested as before. If you want to be earlish 8;30 will work. You will be to MK and through security and gates with time to spare. You now get to walk around Main Street and up to the hub until opening.

At poly I don't ever go to mono before 8;15 for a 9 am. 8;20 -8;30 we leave the room to head for it. We are fast walkers. Also for buses I like to be at the stop by 8:15-8:20 for a 9am park opening. That way I either just catch a bus or have time for the next one and get there on time.
Are the shops open on Main Street PPO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter