Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT + VILLAS Information & Questions

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by maiapapaya, Apr 9, 2015.

1. TinkerBellLiz

TinkerBellLiz Mouseketeer

It seems like last week I was in triple digits until our Poly visit and now I can make fastpasses in 8 days! Whoohoo! I just hope time continues to go as fast..... :hourglass pixiedust:

2. wdw4rfam

wdw4rfam DVC member

We will be at the poly next month for 7 nights, and just booked 7 nights lakeview in September. We are poly addicts now.

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

to hide this advert.
  4. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

The Poly is amazing, you're going to love it! :goodvibes

I'm sorry you got a very uninformed CM the first time you called, but glad you called back and got someone more knowledgeable to make your reservation :).

How exciting and what a great graduation gift! Hope everyone has a great time :wizard:.

Good luck getting your FPs, hope you get what you want :wizard:.

It doesn't take much to get addicted to the Poly! Hope you have a great time on both trips :goodvibes.

HBGdancermom and wdw4rfam like this.
  5. PSofiasMama

PSofiasMama Mouseketeer

I was referring to the paid event EMM - Extra Magic Morning - not the free to hotel guest EMH - Extra Magic Hour. For EMM we checked in and were given a wristband and then waited with all of the PPO reservation folks. At 7:45am they let us all in. We were all routed around the left side of the castle where folks separated a bit as they headed to their respective locations. Hope that helps.

HBGdancermom likes this.
  6. Surgie2

Surgie2 Mouseketeer

I'm so grateful for all of you experts on here or I would be equally uninformed! Glad to be able to have a way to get questions answered quickly and correctly on here!

7. lovingeire

lovingeire DIS Veteran

Well, we just booked into the Poly for 10/28-11/1. Just a quick trip for Halloween since it's the only time of year we haven't done and I'll be doing Wine & Dine so we're piggybacking on that trip. (My family will go home, while I meet up with my BFF to run.) We booked TPV and I'm a little nervous about it only because I wonder how good the view is. My DH is obsessed with the Contemporary. He is retired military and his idea of perfection is watching the fireworks from our room. I'm guessing the views from the TPV are good enough for this on the days we're not doing the Halloween party or some other nighttime entertainment. It will be our first stay at the Poly and I'm excited about it since it's a bucket list item, and surprised my hubby agreed to a new resort!

trishadono, BigMommaMouse and DizDaD7 like this.
  8. GADisneyDad14

GADisneyDad14 DIS Veteran

There is pretty much NOTHING to be nervous about booking TPV at Poly! This view is from a Hawaii club level TPV room, but a regular TPV room will be generally similar (to the left of this over towards the Poly boat dock you see).

Poly TPV rooms are great for fireworks viewing as well. I'd argue better than CR since you have a head on view (but CR is great as well). One difference.... at CR you can play the music on the TV in your room so you get the full effect. You can't do that at Poly, so are dependent on the ambient music playing at the resort (which may/may not be audible from your room). That's the only minor nit.

Hope that helps!

Poly CL View - Panorama.jpeg

Skywise, TJA, Sarah28 and 4 others like this.
  9. LvsTnk

LvsTnk Home is AKV&BLT

Tip- They didn't have any music 2 summers ago and last year watched from our patio we pulled up the music on our phone worked great

10. lovingeire

lovingeire DIS Veteran

Thank you! Both of you have definitely helped ease my nerves! I think it will be really fun, and nice & close for Lapu Lapus!

trishadono and Regan117 like this.
  11. Lurkerin

Lurkerin Earning My Ears

Great info! Anyone taken one home recently? Curious if missing towel charge was billed to the room or if I can be looking out for our November trip. :rolleyes1

12. lovingeire

lovingeire DIS Veteran

We received a little good luck towel animal at POR in November. It was super cute and had a little tag they'd made that said "good luck on the race from your friends at POR" or something like that. I totally took it home to show my kids! No charge anywhere/anytime.

13. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

I agree, these boards are great for getting lots of great (as well as correct) information :).

Halloween is a fun time to go. Hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

14. JennLTX

JennLTX Mouseketeer

We stayed in a DVC 3rd floor lakeview studio in Moorea last April and really loved it with one major exception. I have to assume the connecting doors between the rooms are made of tissue paper, because I can tell you far more than I'd EVER want about the couple and their three children who were in the connecting room the first few nights (i.e., that Noisy Dad is under the impression if he bought "more expensive" points he could buy a better view, a comment he made while we were all on our balconies watching Wishes ::: headdesk ::: ). Do any of the rooms NOT have those doors? We're scheduled back in November/December, and if I can get one without the connecting, I'd be a much happier camper.

15. _auroraborealis_

_auroraborealis_ I like marshmallows. And adult beverages.

There are only about 4-5 total studios at Poly DVC that do not connect. Your odds are poor.

Quellman likes this.
  16. Surgie2

Surgie2 Mouseketeer

How early would we need to leave the Poly via monorail to be at MK for rope drop?

17. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

With the new opening it's not as congested as before. If you want to be earlish 8;30 will work. You will be to MK and through security and gates with time to spare. You now get to walk around Main Street and up to the hub until opening.

At poly I don't ever go to mono before 8;15 for a 9 am. 8;20 -8;30 we leave the room to head for it. We are fast walkers. Also for buses I like to be at the stop by 8:15-8:20 for a 9am park opening. That way I either just catch a bus or have time for the next one and get there on time.

18. McKelly

McKelly DIS Veteran

Are the shops open on Main Street PPO?

trishadono likes this.
  19. _auroraborealis_

_auroraborealis_ I like marshmallows. And adult beverages.

Yes. And some food.

trishadono likes this.
  20. dzak1717

dzak1717 Mouseketeer

single digit dance! :dogdance::dancer::mickeyjum

21. AddiesMama3

AddiesMama3 Earning My Ears

Our experience last week was that all the shops on Main Street were open as well as Starbucks and the Confectionery.