Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those construction views would have been very disappointing to me, too. Even if you've booked a garden or theme park room, couldn't you ask to be switched to Fiji marina view? I'll post pics when I'm home, but our view is incredible. Think I already said it but I can't believe this is a standard view! It's so, so pretty.

I just realized that I never replied to this. We could not switch to another building because we were staying club level, and the only building that has club level is Hawaii. We actually asked to switch to CL at either the GF or CR but we were told that they were both full.

Can anyone tell me if they are selling Halloween-themed merchandise in the Poly gift shop? It never shows up there when we look at the Shop Parks App. We're not going to the parks but I wanted to grab some Witch-Minnie stuff for our DD. If we went to DTD from Poly how long would it take on the bus? We could try to hit the store at Grand Floridian before our 9pm ADR but that would be a last resort

Can anyone tell me if they are selling Halloween-themed merchandise in the Poly gift shop? It never shows up there when we look at the Shop Parks App. We're not going to the parks but I wanted to grab some Witch-Minnie stuff for our DD. If we went to DTD from Poly how long would it take on the bus? We could try to hit the store at Grand Floridian before our 9pm ADR but that would be a last resort

Yes! Halloween stuff started showing up at the beginning of our trip (Aug 22-30) and by the end it seemed to be in every store we entered. You should be good!

are you positive? i could have sworn that was moorea?
It is my understanding that the DVC buildings are Moorea, Pago Pago and Tokealau. Tokealau just opened about 6 weeks ago I believe. Yes, ask the person you are renting points from to put in requests on your reservation.Enjoy!:goodvibes

It is my understanding that the DVC buildings are Moorea, Pago Pago and Tokealau. Tokealau just opened about 6 weeks ago I believe. Yes, ask the person you are renting points from to put in requests on your reservation.Enjoy!:goodvibes

Having just booked a lake view studio for March, I read through post 14 first and that's how I understood it. And if I read correctly, all Lake view rooms are in Moorea, correct?

Yes! Halloween stuff started showing up at the beginning of our trip (Aug 22-30) and by the end it seemed to be in every store we entered. You should be good!
Thanks, We arrive around 2 pm at the Poly and have the 9pm ADR at Grand Floridian. Wanted to hang out at the pool and then Trader Sams until it was time to get ready for dinner. DTD seemed like a bit of a stretch and would affect our chance of getting into Trader Sams at opening. I really hope to grab a couple Mickey ghost lanyards

Hi everyone! Been following along reading all the posts and loving all the pictures. We love the Polynesian but have not been since the big overhaul. I loved the waterfall, but thought it didn't allow enough room or flow for guests. So I think I will like the new look. But, on our last visit, we used the quiet pool everyday and loved it. It was always so quiet and the kiddos loved the deep end. Maybe I miised this in the feed, but what is the plan for that area? It may be the make or break in our decision to stay there on our next trip. Thanks for any info you can all give!

Hi everyone! Been following along reading all the posts and loving all the pictures. We love the Polynesian but have not been since the big overhaul. I loved the waterfall, but thought it didn't allow enough room or flow for guests. So I think I will like the new look. But, on our last visit, we used the quiet pool everyday and loved it. It was always so quiet and the kiddos loved the deep end. Maybe I miised this in the feed, but what is the plan for that area? It may be the make or break in our decision to stay there on our next trip. Thanks for any info you can all give!

I believe they are adding a zero entry, hot tub and a bar and grill to the area. The pool will stay the same size just the direction of it will be changed.

Hope you had a great time. We left last week as well. It truly was sad to leave. If you think you're sad now, wait until you get home. It gets worse!!!
I posted a thread called the post Disney blues to try and get ideas about how to deal with the end of the vacation. So far, not many replies...but there were a couple of good ideas. Do an after trip report and post pictures. Plan your next vacation.

We have been at the Poly since Friday, staying in Fiji. If I didn't read this board, I would even know there's any construction going on at the Poly. The only signs I've seen of it were fences up on the other side of the resort (I'm guessing around the quiet pool?) that we saw when we walked to the laundry room last night. The main building is gorgeous, the pool and hot tub are amazing, and our 3rd floor balcony overlooking the marina is incredible! Can't believe this is considered a standard view. I knew nothing about the Poly before staying here but I love, love, love Fiji! Also, everything in the resort is so much closer than I thought.
So glad to hear your positive report. After reading some of these, I have to wonder about it.

I posted a thread called the post Disney blues to try and get ideas about how to deal with the end of the vacation. So far, not many replies...but there were a couple of good ideas. Do an after trip report and post pictures. Plan your next vacation.

Where's the link to your thread? I have the Disney Blues and need some good advice! :scared:

Can anyone who has been recently confirm if Kona serves sushi at lunch? All Ears menu shows they do but Disney lunch menu for Kona does not show sushi. Wondering which one would be accurate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter