Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing talk about backup resorts in case the Poly refurb isn't ready. Ugh. 😫Do you think I should start thinking of a backup resort for our Poly stay this September or are we pretty safe for that time?
Disney's website still states: "Late July 2021". I think you're pretty safe.

Frankly, based on personal experience, you almost want the Poly to be closed. The few times we've run into these issues, we've gotten really good free upgrades. (Most recently, when our Standard View room was not available, we were moved to a Preferred View one-bedroom villa.)

I'm seeing talk about backup resorts in case the Poly refurb isn't ready. Ugh. 😫Do you think I should start thinking of a backup resort for our Poly stay this September or are we pretty safe for that time?

The only reason I'm thinking of what I'd want for back-up is because I know I'm very weird in Disney fandom, but I have no desire to stay at the Grand Floridian. So I want alternatives to present JUST IN CASE.

Disney's website still states: "Late July 2021". I think you're pretty safe.

Frankly, based on personal experience, you almost want the Poly to be closed. The few times we've run into these issues, we've gotten really good free upgrades. (Most recently, when our Standard View room was not available, we were moved to a Preferred View one-bedroom villa.)
Although an upgrade is nice, my son staying at his favorite resort is priceless.

The only reason I'm thinking of what I'd want for back-up is because I know I'm very weird in Disney fandom, but I have no desire to stay at the Grand Floridian. So I want alternatives to present JUST IN CASE.
We've stayed at the GF many times, so there's no desire to stay there either. So after the responses that I have received I'm pretty confident that we will be staying at the Polynesian.

Although an upgrade is nice, my son staying at his favorite resort is priceless.
But if the Poly is your son's favorite resort, and if the Poly is closed, does having a backup matter?

If the Poly really is your son's favorite, maybe make a second reservation for later in the year as a backup?

Our first trip to Poly is now 3 weeks away! We are also first time DVC point renters, we used DVC Rental Store. I emailed them with our room request for 3rd floor for our lake view studio, they told me they forwarded the request to the Member. Ive just subscribed to Touring Plans & am tempted to use their Request tool as well. Should I? It mentions needing a name & reservation #. What name is that, mine or the Member’s? Anyone feel they have success with TP requests at Poly Villas?

But if the Poly is your son's favorite resort, and if the Poly is closed, does having a backup matter?

If the Poly really is your son's favorite, maybe make a second reservation for later in the year as a backup?
You're killing me over here🤣 Something else for me to consider now

Anyone have news on the splash pad reopening? We check in Thursday and it was the main reason my DD wanted to stay. If it’s not open considering moving to the GF instead due to construction. I called and got two different answers, one there was a setback with the refurb and two that it was closed due to covid. Thanks!

Anyone have news on the splash pad reopening? We check in Thursday and it was the main reason my DD wanted to stay. If it’s not open considering moving to the GF instead due to construction. I called and got two different answers, one there was a setback with the refurb and two that it was closed due to covid. Thanks!
Closed due to Covid seems very strange. The website itself says its a refurb, the pools are open, Blizzard Beach is open.

Last pic I saw (and I think I posted around here) from around a week ago was that they had taken down the construction wall but hadn’t yet refilled the water. “Looked” imminent, but of course who knows. Haven’t seen any actual reports lately.

Last pic I saw (and I think I posted around here) from around a week ago was that they had taken down the construction wall but hadn’t yet refilled the water. “Looked” imminent, but of course who knows. Haven’t seen any actual reports lately.
I was there on 3/27 and there were guys working on it. So I think it has nothing to do with COVID.

I was there on 3/27 and there were guys working on it. So I think it has nothing to do with COVID.

Only thing I could see COVID having to do with it is if people on the construction team had tested positive and they had to shut work for 10 days or if there was a supply issue due to COVID (or the Suez Canal blockage). My church is under renovation and we have had delays because of both those issues (the COVID ones...but the ship thing occurs to me as well).

Left today.

As of today, Kiki's Tikis is not open.
950F3BCF-725B-44A8-879C-FAECA36492AC.jpeg

I don't know why the pic is upside down, every other place I've posted it shows the right side up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!