Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks!🌺
Can anyone confirm guests do not need to wear masks while lounging in the cabana at the Oasis pool?
Thanks! 🙂
We've stayed at the Poly a couple of times since the reopening.

You do not have to wear masks as long as you are in the fenced in area.

However, masks should be worn to go to the outdoor bar or the bathroom.

Cast Members wore their masks at all times.

01.jpg

Hopefully they are on schedule for the room refurbs!! I was randomly looking (thinking maybe I'd change to a Standard View -or whatever it's called - to save a little bit...I'm booked in a Pool/Marina) at my dates 7/19-24 and non-studio-wise they only have Lagoon View and Theme Park View available. And there aren't a lot of those. Not sure where they'll move all of us if they get behind!

Hopefully they are on schedule for the room refurbs!! I was randomly looking (thinking maybe I'd change to a Standard View -or whatever it's called - to save a little bit...I'm booked in a Pool/Marina) at my dates 7/19-24 and non-studio-wise they only have Lagoon View and Theme Park View available. And there aren't a lot of those. Not sure where they'll move all of us if they get behind!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed they are on schedule too! We are at Universal a few nights and then YC for 3 nights before our Poly check-in (7/19-24 too lol!). I don't have a backup for the Poly stay but guess I should start looking. I really don't like any of the options around MK and the Poly villas won't work. The kids want real beds they say lol!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed they are on schedule too! We are at Universal a few nights and then YC for 3 nights before our Poly check-in (7/19-24 too lol!). I don't have a backup for the Poly stay but guess I should start looking. I really don't like any of the options around MK and the Poly villas won't work. The kids want real beds they say lol!

Yeah - that is mainly what I keep looking at: what my options would be so my TA can go to bat. I’m with you and am not interested in the GF at all and would rather not be in the Contemporary Garden Wing. And the Wilderness Lodge does nothing for me. I am solo and did the studio in Feb and could do it again, though I would rather have the new room. I’m thinking I might push for Yacht Club or Kidani if worst-case happens.

Yeah - that is mainly what I keep looking at: what my options would be so my TA can go to bat. I’m with you and am not interested in the GF at all and would rather not be in the Contemporary Garden Wing. And the Wilderness Lodge does nothing for me. I am solo and did the studio in Feb and could do it again, though I would rather have the new room. I’m thinking I might push for Yacht Club or Kidani if worst-case happens.

GF seems to be the place everyone is getting moved to these days, I’ve seen reports from a ton of people getting moved there from Movies, some from CR and Poly.

YC was definitely my second choice for May but you could do a lot worse imo. That area is fantastic for solo trips because you can wander as you will to 2 different parks (at least with hoppers). YC is new to me but I loved my stay at BC. Poly is my forever “home” but I enjoyed the convenience. And hey, Food & Wine will be just starting for your dates I think, so that’s a silver lining if you have to move.

GF seems to be the place everyone is getting moved to these days, I’ve seen reports from a ton of people getting moved there from Movies, some from CR and Poly.

YC was definitely my second choice for May but you could do a lot worse imo. That area is fantastic for solo trips because you can wander as you will to 2 different parks (at least with hoppers). YC is new to me but I loved my stay at BC. Poly is my forever “home” but I enjoyed the convenience. And hey, Food & Wine will be just starting for your dates I think, so that’s a silver lining if you have to move.

Yep. And if I am able to get Yacht if I HAVE to move, I’ll just make 2022 Poly (currently have that for Yacht).

Excited. Staying there in July at a DVC Standard.
im a little concerned that the rooms will be far from the lobby/pool. Is there anything I can do to get as close as possible to all the action. For two little ones and you know how it is

Excited. Staying there in July at a DVC Standard.
im a little concerned that the rooms will be far from the lobby/pool. Is there anything I can do to get as close as possible to all the action. For two little ones and you know how it is
You can request Tokelau. Tokelau is not too far from GCH and is next to quiet pool. The rooms on the south end of the building are closer to the GCH.

I could just extend my YC stay but I didn't think of Kidani. We like to split our stay so maybe I will look into that. Thanks for the idea and good luck with your plans!

Anyone staying there now or very recently? Its looking like construction is getting a lil more messy, what kind of impact is it having on your Villas stay? We have a lake view studio so I know we’ll be in Moorea. Also is the Splash area open yet?
A DVC points related question as well. God forbid, but what happens if there is a significant issue with your room and Disney initiates some type of room type change or even move you to another resort. As long as Disney initiates, it doesn’t impact the DVC owner right?

If you are staying at a DVC Standard Studio, is it possible to upgrade to Club Level once you get to the resort??

If you are staying at a DVC Standard Studio, is it possible to upgrade to Club Level once you get to the resort??

Unfortunately, that’s not an option. ☹ Animal Kingdom Lodge is the only resort that offers Club Level for DVC members, but it must be booked online/phone, cannot upgrade at check-in.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, that’s not an option. ☹ Animal Kingdom Lodge is the only resort that offers Club Level for DVC members, but it must be booked online/phone, cannot upgrade at check-in.

And Club Level isn't available anyway - no estimated return either.

Anyone staying there now or very recently? Its looking like construction is getting a lil more messy, what kind of impact is it having on your Villas stay? We have a lake view studio so I know we’ll be in Moorea. Also is the Splash area open yet?
A DVC points related question as well. God forbid, but what happens if there is a significant issue with your room and Disney initiates some type of room type change or even move you to another resort. As long as Disney initiates, it doesn’t impact the DVC owner right?
I had a single night added on 3/17-18. We were in Moorea gv side.

From room: no issue
From lobby: minor issue(could not use mono but lobby intact)
Walk to gf : minor issue(some areas construction)
Walk to ttc :no issue
Want to get off mono at poly: can be an issue walking to/from ttc depending on mobility.
Walk around resort?: there was new construction by Hawaii and Samoa. Not really a big deal, it was gv side. You can still walk the whole beach👍

I'm seeing talk about backup resorts in case the Poly refurb isn't ready. Ugh. 😫Do you think I should start thinking of a backup resort for our Poly stay this September or are we pretty safe for that time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!