Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone know how I can find out the mattress brand they use in the pull down murphy bed? Thank you!

Kona Cafe at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort will reopen November 1st from major refurbishment

According to the latest calendar update, Kona Cafe will reopen on November 1 2022. Reservations are not yet available however.

During the closure of Kona, Kona Island is offering breakfast, lunch and dinner via Mobile Order in My Disney Experience.
Update with additional information…

Kona Cafe Reopening November 1st at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort With Enhanced Table-Service Experience

Kona Cafe at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is currently unavailable due to refurbishment. We will reopen on November 1, 2022 with an enhanced table-service experience. In the meantime, we invite you to use Mobile Order service through the My Disney Experience app to order select breakfast, lunch and dinner offerings from Kona Cafe To Go, which can be picked up next to Kona Island.

Does anyone know what coffee maker they have in the Tokelau rooms (Polynesian Villa & Bungalow deluxe suite). I’ve been watching some YouTube videos and some are showing a Keurig and others show a drip style coffee maker.

I wanted to bring my own coffee as I’ve had bad experiences with getting refills on coffee and housekeeping would only give 2 pods (AOA and AKL-1 bed villa) and say call back for more (30 mins+ each time). We are a family of 5 (3 coffee drinkers and drink coffee twice a day).

Do all rooms in Tokelau and Moorea have balconies? This is what I found on TripAdvisor;

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTop..._Polynesian_Resort_rooms-Orlando_Florida.html

Do you need reservations for Kona for lunch (how busy is it; wanted to keep our schedule flexible)? We have kids with allergies like nuts, milk, eggs, seeds and would feel safer eating there vs Captain cooks.

It looks like they will also have ‘to go’ options. I know Steakhouse71 has added that option. Works great for onsite guests who can’t get ADRs.

Does anyone know what coffee maker they have in the Tokelau rooms (Polynesian Villa & Bungalow deluxe suite). I’ve been watching some YouTube videos and some are showing a Keurig and others show a drip style coffee maker.

I wanted to bring my own coffee as I’ve had bad experiences with getting refills on coffee and housekeeping would only give 2 pods (AOA and AKL-1 bed villa) and say call back for more (30 mins+ each time). We are a family of 5 (3 coffee drinkers and drink coffee twice a day).

Do all rooms in Tokelau and Moorea have balconies? This is what I found on TripAdvisor;

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34515-i19-k3460314-Balconies_Patios_in_all_Disney_Polynesian_Resort_rooms-Orlando_Florida.htm
The 1stfloor has open patios and the 2nd and 3rd floors have enclosed balconies. That is for all 3 DVC studio buildings.

On wdw site you can see a video of rooms. It shows a drip coffee maker. My last dvc stay there it did have one. It is possible it changed and someone will chime in. However for extra coffee just ask nicely for what you need. I have never had a problem. For these dvc rooms it was a large pod of coffee to make an 8 cup pot.

Sometimes I call and sometimes I ask housekeeping in the hall but honestly both ways I get coffee and supplies as needed. They will guess what they think you need just be nice and specific to get what you want. :flower:
Do not ever use info from TripAdvisor lol. They are NOT us:rolleyes1:flower1:

Do you need reservations for Kona for lunch (how busy is it; wanted to keep our schedule flexible)? We have kids with allergies like nuts, milk, eggs, seeds and would feel safer eating there vs Captain cooks.

It looks like they will also have ‘to go’ options. I know Steakhouse71 has added that option. Works great for onsite guests who can’t get ADRs.
Prior to the remodel of Kona they were offering to go. We used it often last Dec and March this year.

Last edited:
The 1stfloor has open patios and the 2nd and 3rd floors have enclosed balconies. That is for all 3 DVC studio rooms.

On wdw site you can see a video of rooms. It shows a drip coffee maker. My last dvc stay there it did have one. It is possible it changed and someone will chime in. However for extra coffee just ask nicely for what you need. I have never had a problem. For these dvc rooms it was a large pod of coffee to make an 8 cup pot.

Sometimes I call and sometimes I ask housekeeping in the hall but honestly both ways I get coffee and supplies as needed. They will guess what they think you need just be nice and specific to get what you want. :flower:
Do not ever use info from TripAdvisor lol. They are NOT us:rolleyes1:flower1:

Prior to the remodel of Kona they were offering to go. We used it often last Dec and March this year.
We’ve stayed at AKL and AOA post pandemic. We loved the convenience of the Skyliner. I’m really nervous with Poly given the mixed experiences.

Our experience traveling with kids form Mk to Ohana on the monorail was not great last year (took an hour we left before fireworks ended). It gets hard to stand on the ramp with a heavy double stroller.

Have you tried to walk up to Ohana? Are they still serving meat in skillets?

We’ve stayed at AKL and AOA post pandemic. We loved the convenience of the Skyliner. I’m really nervous with Poly given the mixed experiences.

Our experience traveling with kids form Mk to Ohana on the monorail was not great last year (took an hour we left before fireworks ended). It gets hard to stand on the ramp with a heavy double stroller.

Have you tried to walk up to Ohana? Are they still serving meat in skillets?
I have only done Ohana once. I prefer my lunch as my bigger meal and eat light later (usually) or often Cl.

However for pretty much all TS in parks and resorts if you go early you can usually try to get on a wait list. When you are physically close to the restaurant sometimes it pops up in your APP. Then again sometimes they post a QR code at checkin podium to scan or sometimes we just ask. I have been successful if I try early enough.

I also will say I will stalk dining availability 2-3 days prior and especially day before and same day. I have not always gotten my 1st choice but often one on our "preferred" personal list.

Ok about the mono. I take it all the time. Sometimes though the boat is better. One of our trips this year the mono looked busy so DD and I walked to CR and caught it to poly from there. No one is waiting at night to go mk so as many got off we had no problem getting a seat. Yes you have to walk to Cr but its a nice FLAT walk at least and saved us time and aggravation.

I would go to the Restaurant section and ask about skillets. :)
https://www.disboards.com/forums/disney-restaurants.14/

The Poly deluxe studio villas have a drip coffee maker that use a flat bottom basket filter. Like your family we have many coffee drinkers and usually bring our own coffee and filters.

Tour of Poly Deluxe Studio
62113F8E-285A-44AD-8C56-669A28025B0D.jpeg

We have used the monorail many times without an issue. Our favorite transportation option is the boat.❤️
Other options: There is path from TCC to the Poly, you could ride the ferry or take the express monorail to TCC then walk to your building.

10AACA2E-6FC7-4A54-9975-6E267DC44726.jpeg

i’m not for sure if the walking path from MK to Poly would be for you, read this update on the new temporary path

Last edited:
The Poly deluxe studio villas have a drip coffee maker that use a flat bottom basket filter. Like your family we have many coffee drinkers and usually bring our own coffee and filters.

Tour of Poly Deluxe Studio
View attachment 710066

We too have used the monorail many times without an issue. Our favorite transportation option is the boat.❤️
Other options: There is path from TCC to the Poly, you could ride the ferry or take the express monorail to TCC then walk to your building.

View attachment 710067

i’m not for sure if the walking path from MK to Poly would be for you, read this update on the new temporary path
Thanks! This was exactly what I was looking for.

Regarding the walk, I usually log in 25k steps. I do have back problems so inclines are harder vs walking. The ramp was crowded shoulder to shoulder and our double stroller was hard to move as people cut in all directions. We stood on the ramp for 40+ minutes. Rest of the time the monorail didn’t have space and picked up only a few guests.

Last edited:
Thanks! This was exactly what I was looking for.

Regarding the walk, I usually log in 25k steps. I do have back problems so inclines are harder vs walking. The ramp was crowded shoulder to shoulder and our double stroller was hard to move as people cut in all directions. We stood on the ramp for 40+ minutes. Rest of the time the monorail didn’t have space and picked up only a few guests.
If you are going to have a stroller again then I would def avoid going to GCH for the monorail… there is only 1 elevator. Since the 3 DVC buildings are close to the TTC, I would just go there and take the Ferry or Monorail… there is a nice path. The resort boat is a hike from the DVC rooms as well. Also might want to request a ground floor with a stroller. The elevators are small in the buildings and there aren’t very many of them. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!