Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Polynesian Village to Grand Floridian Walkway Modifications Imminent as DVC Tower Construction Expands

When talking with the front desk, Cast Members told us that a new pathway is being constructed that will run along Floridian Way. This new walkway will ensure that guests can still walk to Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and beyond should they want to. Cast Members did not know when the new walkway would open, but we’d imagine it will be days, not weeks. The new walkway can be seen in the digital map screenshot below, running alongside Floridian Way (yellow).

Here’s a look at the area from onboard the monorail. The walkway will run on the other side of the far wall and go around the construction site.

We felt like we were walking right onto a construction site, but the walkway was still open for now.

The first-floor rooms of the Fiji and Aotearoa buildings will have terrible views for a while, and it’s likely that you’ll want to even avoid upper level floors as work picks up.

We didn’t walk the full path, but here’s a look at the approach to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort as we turned around.

Polynesian Village to Grand Floridian Walkway Modifications Imminent as DVC Tower Construction Expands

When talking with the front desk, Cast Members told us that a new pathway is being constructed that will run along Floridian Way. This new walkway will ensure that guests can still walk to Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and beyond should they want to. Cast Members did not know when the new walkway would open, but we’d imagine it will be days, not weeks. The new walkway can be seen in the digital map screenshot below, running alongside Floridian Way (yellow).

Here’s a look at the area from onboard the monorail. The walkway will run on the other side of the far wall and go around the construction site.

We felt like we were walking right onto a construction site, but the walkway was still open for now.

The first-floor rooms of the Fiji and Aotearoa buildings will have terrible views for a while, and it’s likely that you’ll want to even avoid upper level floors as work picks up.

We didn’t walk the full path, but here’s a look at the approach to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort as we turned around.

Oh wow… so those first floor rooms look at a construction wall? Is there any space? It looks like the wall is right at the patio!

Oh wow… so those first floor rooms look at a construction wall? Is there any space? It looks like the wall is right at the patio!
Minimal space. I’d say about a few feet, if that. I can’t imagine theres guests in those ground floor rooms.

If there are, and I was in one of those rooms on my one in a lifetime Disney trip, I’d be very annoyed.

Minimal space. I’d say about a few feet, if that. I can’t imagine theres guests in those ground floor rooms.

If there are, and I was in one of those rooms on my one in a lifetime Disney trip, I’d be very annoyed.
I hope the "family from Denver that comes once every five years" that Chapek loved referring to doesn't get one of them! Disney may need to board up every balcony to level the playing field :rotfl:

I agree they shouldn’t put guests there… they really shouldn’t put guests on that side of the building at all for the cash prices they charge. BUT it’s Disney… I wouldn’t be surprised to see them continue to use those rooms…

I agree that Disney should not be putting guests in those first floor rooms. Not only because there is no "wooden fence view category" but it seems like a security issue as well. I assume there are cameras that usually have a view of the outside patios and balconies that the wall would block???

If they offered these rooms at a deep discount I would jump on it. I don't spend much time in the room when I am at the Poly..when I am not at the parks I am at the pool or Trader Sams/Captain Cooks. Construction probably ends 5p-6p each day so no lack of sleep I would assume.

I agree they shouldn’t put guests there… they really shouldn’t put guests on that side of the building at all for the cash prices they charge. BUT it’s Disney… I wouldn’t be surprised to see them continue to use those rooms…
There should be a deep discount for those rooms.

There should be a deep discount for those rooms.
But how? If Disney was going to make a separate viewing category (Would you like standard, lagoon, or construction wall?), they would have to have done it by now. Those rooms are either booked with very unhappy guests or pulled from inventory for the next several months.

But how? If Disney was going to make a separate viewing category (Would you like standard, lagoon, or construction wall?), they would have to have done it by now. Those rooms are either booked with very unhappy guests or pulled from inventory for the next several months.
Months? A couple years!😂

Remember back to the massive Poly refurb? My friend was placed in HI CL ground floor looking at the massive Oasis pool rebuild just steps from her patio! No pool but mounds of dirt and construction!😂 Off to the lobby she went was immediately moved to GF CL.

Im betting they won’t discount the Poly. Can’t wait to hear if they’re putting guests on the “standard view” side of Figi (and the “lagoon view” of Aotearoa as well). If not, That would be almost 70 rooms out of commission on a property that’s almost always book solid at non discounted rate and that would cut into Chapek’s pocketbook. 😂😂

WOW. Grateful we are booked on the DVC side for our November trip. Hopefully won’t hear too much construction noise at the pool!

I am trying to book a king bed lagoon view for next September... but it isn't coming up as a bookable category, only standard and marina/pool view... I would even do club level. Are there truly no king bed rooms that look out on the lake?

I am trying to book a king bed lagoon view for next September... but it isn't coming up as a bookable category, only standard and marina/pool view... I would even do club level. Are there truly no king bed rooms that look out on the lake?
King beds are minimal since the room refurb and it is quite possible these are no longer offered in every room category.
Do you all think a Theme park view club level will be impacted by the construction noise?

No. Enjoy!!🌺

How to put in room/ building requests.

We are going over Halloween and have 2 young children: almost 3 year old and 9 month old. Staying in standard view. Research here had told me to request first floor due to small elevators and I’ll have a double stroller.

Questions:
1) I see where you can make room requests on the Disney app. But I also read you should confirm your request with fax or by chat feature? Is that correct?

2) Are the Nuie or Rorotonga still good buildings to request? My kids can sleep through anything, I’m more concerned about the least possible transport time to the parks and back.

So I guess my first request would be first floor and then second request Nuie or Rorotonga building.

Thanks all.

How to put in room/ building requests.

We are going over Halloween and have 2 young children: almost 3 year old and 9 month old. Staying in standard view. Research here had told me to request first floor due to small elevators and I’ll have a double stroller.

Questions:
1) I see where you can make room requests on the Disney app. But I also read you should confirm your request with fax or by chat feature? Is that correct?

2) Are the Nuie or Rorotonga still good buildings to request? My kids can sleep through anything, I’m more concerned about the least possible transport time to the parks and back.

So I guess my first request would be first floor and then second request Nuie or Rorotonga building.

Thanks all.
We call out request in via the same way we booked the room. Lately thats been thru our TA. Some ppl do call or fax room request. Either way, stop by front desk when you arrive to be doubly sure your request was granted. The double stroller does fit in Rarotonga elevator. Can’t speak for Niue longhouse. We love first floor patio and love Rarotonga! 🌺

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter