Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Yes, @GADisneyDad14, it does help! I'm glad that I found the Touring Plans room view tool that was mentioned here. I was really surprised at how bad the views were from most of the Lagoon View rooms. This room is almost $1400 a night pre tax for my nights. I expected a wow kind of view and a front row seat for the nightly water pageant. I'm going to change my booking to the Theme Park View. It's even more $$$, of course, but considering how high I've already gone it's not that much worse. Even if we don't get third floor (which I will be disappointed about but I'll know it's a possibility and set expectations accordingly) we should have a great view. Am I right about that last part?

Edited to also ask: On the second floor is there still a slider type patio door?
As I understand it, before the Bungalows were built, those Lagoon View rooms did deliver the wow view you were expecting along with a great view of the water pageant. Now, the Bungalows get that view and you have to walk over to the beach or other areas past the Bungalows. And there's no discount for seeing the back side of the Bungalows!

One day I'll understand why Trader Sam's was made so small.
It was added to the existing GCH building space in 2015 during the last Major remodel of the GCH in 2014-2015. That's all the space they had to work with in the exiting GCH building. The Imagineers claim it was designed to be an intimate small bar.

The good news is that it is themed for the 20,000 leagues under the seas and not the Jungle Cruise ride which removed Trader Sam.

Dave

It was added to the existing GCH building space in 2015 during the last Major remodel of the GCH in 2014-2015. That's all the space they had to work with in the exiting GCH building. The Imagineers claim it was designed to be an intimate small bar.

The good news is that it is themed for the 20,000 leagues under the seas and not the Jungle Cruise ride which removed Trader Sam.

Dave
Yes. But why not enlose the outdoor area to make it larger?
And I know Tangaroa Terrace is MUCH larger (Had a great menu long long ago). Why not rebuild there?

With new Tower, all that is moot now as long as they let riff-raff like me in 😁 😉

Just wanted to let future guest staying at the Polynesian know that I had booked a standard studio for this past week's stay to be away from construction. Did online check-in and received my text on the way to Orlando and was placed in Fiji overlooking the construction in a standard room. For $700 a nite, you think I would get what I paid for OR at least a phone call explaining the reason my studio was not available.

Just wanted to let future guest staying at the Polynesian know that I had booked a standard studio for this past week's stay to be away from construction. Did online check-in and received my text on the way to Orlando and was placed in Fiji overlooking the construction in a standard room. For $700 a nite, you think I would get what I paid for OR at least a phone call explaining the reason my studio was not available.
They didn't give you any explanation for switching you from a booked studio on the DVC side of the resort to a standard hotel room on the other side? Did you inquire? They are the same (cash) price (standard view studio and standard view resort room specifically), but I would still want what I booked.

I had booked a standard studio for this past week's stay to be away from construction. Did online check-in and received my text on the way to Orlando and was placed in Fiji overlooking the construction in a standard room. For $700 a nite,
Did you stop by the Front Desk to inquire why your room was changed and ask for a Studio since you had a confirmed reservation?

Dave

One day I'll understand why Trader Sam's was made so small.
Who didn't know it would be so popular? :upsidedow
I think the design choice was to make it that small and intimate so that it could deliver on the total experience. If it was much bigger, it would just be total chaos in there. As it is, you can follow the action and the jokes and - once you're there - it's incredibly entertaining. Getting in really isn't that tough, it's just getting that first seating that requires some dedication.

As for the question about whether you can go to the pool while waiting for your call back text, you probably could but I wouldn't get in the pool. If you're on the list and they tell you to be nearby at 3pm for the opening, you'll want to be there exactly at 3. And you probably don't want to be damp, as the place is dark and cold. We usually just browse Boutiki for a bit and then hit Tambu Lounge to start getting in the mood.

True, the first seating is harder to get but so worth it since everyone orders their first drinks. It's the best opportunity to hear the different jokes and see the diversity of the entertainment.

They didn't give you any explanation for switching you from a booked studio on the DVC side of the resort to a standard hotel room on the other side? Did you inquire? They are the same (cash) price (standard view studio and standard view resort room specifically), but I would still want what I booked.
Oh yes, I inquired by phone on the way to Orlando and was told I received an upgrade. When I told her I had not that I would be facing construction she laughed at me. She had an employee from the hotel call me back and there was no availability that night for me to be moved. I went to front desk that next morning and they offered me one night credit. They said something had to be fixed in the unit I was supposed to be in. I told her I feel like I should of been called for that amount of money. The only rooms available for the rest of my stay were also facing construction.

Oh yes, I inquired by phone on the way to Orlando and was told I received an upgrade. When I told her I had not that I would be facing construction she laughed at me. She had an employee from the hotel call me back and there was no availability that night for me to be moved. I went to front desk that next morning and they offered me one night credit. They said something had to be fixed in the unit I was supposed to be in. I told her I feel like I should of been called for that amount of money. The only rooms available for the rest of my stay were also facing construction.
Well that's terrible. Facing construction might not be a big deal for some, but it is for me. I'll do anything for a good view and to be away from construction. I've lived in a new community surrounded by construction noise for the past two years. I can't do it on vacation. I was originally going to book a studio at Poly but the lake view was sold out so I ended up booking club level because I figured that was the best way to avoid a room assignment near the construction. I feel bad for you @maciemouse. Your situation is disappointing!

Construction Walls Up as Kona Cafe Undergoes Refurbishment at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort

As scheduled, Kona Cafe is currently under refurbishment at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, with construction walls already up around the restaurant.
kona cafe refurbishment 8 15 22 10

The walls span the length of the restaurant, with dark curtains hung overhead.

kona cafe refurbishment 8 15 22 3

While the restaurant is currently closed, the kitchen remains open, as guests can order food to go. Orders can be picked up at Kona Island Coffee Bar.

kona cafe refurbishment 8 15 22 2

The signs for the to-go menu feature a QR code that directs guests to the My Disney Experience app, where they can use Mobile Order. Currently, a limited menu is being offered.

kona cafe refurbishment 8 15 22 6

As of the writing of this article, the restaurant is expected to be closed at least through October 16, and should reopen sometime in the fall.

We arrive tomorrow! I'm busy packing - does anyone know if there are hangers in the hotel side rooms I can use for my dresses, or should I bring some? (maybe I should bring some anyway we can hang wet swimsuits on...)

Will be there at the end of October with a 9 month old and almost 3 year old and staying in standard room. Have figured out sleeping arrangements (I’ll ask for extra pillows or bed rolls and will share a bed with toddler, husband in other bed, will bring travel bassinet for baby).

Questions:
1. How big are trash cans? I’ve read housekeeping is every other day, so afraid dirty diapers will quickly pile up. Should I bring garbage bags for extra trash and is there a easy to reach place to throw trash away. Note- I always bring dog waste bags to wrap dirty diapers in when throwing away in public waste containers.

2. It looks like standard Moana rooms have showers only in bathroom. Are they detachable shower heads? My toddler is scared to stand under a shower, so I would need to bring bath rinse cup if it’s not detachable. Also, how do you bath an infant in shower? Just have one person hold in shower while the other washes baby? Or is there something portable to purchase

3. We will be there on Halloween. Has anyone heard of special resort Halloween activities or trick or treating?

Will be there at the end of October with a 9 month old and almost 3 year old and staying in standard room. Have figured out sleeping arrangements (I’ll ask for extra pillows or bed rolls and will share a bed with toddler, husband in other bed, will bring travel bassinet for baby).

Questions:
1. How big are trash cans? I’ve read housekeeping is every other day, so afraid dirty diapers will quickly pile up. Should I bring garbage bags for extra trash and is there a easy to reach place to throw trash away. Note- I always bring dog waste bags to wrap dirty diapers in when throwing away in public waste containers.

2. It looks like standard Moana rooms have showers only in bathroom. Are they detachable shower heads? My toddler is scared to stand under a shower, so I would need to bring bath rinse cup if it’s not detachable. Also, how do you bath an infant in shower? Just have one person hold in shower while the other washes baby? Or is there something portable to purchase

3. We will be there on Halloween. Has anyone heard of special resort Halloween activities or trick or treating?
I can help you with the Halloween question - they have lots of fun activities! This is what they did at Poly last year.PXL_20211101_002149081.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter