Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

If anyone is there right now could you possibly look in Boutiki and see if they still have the woven straw looking baseball cap? My DH regrets not buying one and I would love to try to get one for him.
There are personal shoppers on Ear for Each Other on FB. the site was started during the pandemic and it was a way for out of work CMs to continue earning $$$. They are not crazy expensive and are helpful. Good LucK!

Awesome!!! I was hoping it would be open by 2/9/23... it's confirmed

There was a photo on Tikiman's facebook group that someone had sent him of it up and running. I consider him to be the Poly authority, and very reliable. Someone in another Poly group I am in is there and reported that it was open yesterday.

There was a photo on Tikiman's facebook group that someone had sent him of it up and running. I consider him to be the Poly authority, and very reliable. Someone in another Poly group I am in is there and reported that it was open yesterday.
This is terrific news. Thanks for letting us know!

Welp... The universe just does not want us staying at the Poly. My STUPID brother in law decided he's getting MARRIED right in the middle of our originally planned trip so we had to change it. No Poly availability to be had, so we'll be at the Boardwalk a week earlier instead. First world probs...

My two friends and myself are staying in a standard, dvc studio in September (renting points) and want to make sure of the location we're requesting. Is Tokelau, third floor a good area? Is there maybe a better area to request? My son and I stayed in a standard resort room last February and though the room was beautiful, we were put on the second floor, so no balcony

My two friends and myself are staying in a standard, dvc studio in September (renting points) and want to make sure of the location we're requesting. Is Tokelau, third floor a good area? Is there maybe a better area to request? My son and I stayed in a standard resort room last February and though the room was beautiful, we were put on the second floor, so no balcony

Tokelau is what folk suggested when we still had a DVC studio booked. It's a very good location. The balcony issue isn't a problem in the DVC buildings because all three floors have them, unlike on the hotel side.

We always request connecting rooms, Tokelau 2nd or 3rd floor, NW facing (pool-side towards the lake). I just put our requests for March trip in last week and the CM burst out laughing with how specific our requests were, haha. We have always been very lucky and gotten our requests. The last two trips we had the exact same room, lol!

That is, I believe, the most requested location for DVC rooms (at the Poly). I like it better than LV rooms actually. However, I like all 3 buildings - even Pago Pago. Yes, you might get a view of a parking lot (Monorail!!!) but you are right beside the TTC, especially nice for catching the EPCOT monorail.

Yes, daily housekeeping at all Deluxe resorts returned several weeks ago. (Of course, if you're staying on the DVC side, it's not daily and will have the usual DVC cleaning schedule.)
Thanks for the reply. Booked to stay in the villas but as a cash booking, not a DVC member. When I did online check in it mentioned the DVC housekeeping schedule wouldn’t apply to me. Will I get daily housekeeping?

Booked to stay in the villas but as a cash booking, not a DVC member. When I did online check in it mentioned the DVC housekeeping schedule wouldn’t apply to me. Will I get daily housekeeping?
Yes as long as housekeeping CM remembers to stop daily. They have been know to occasionally miss a Cash reservation in a Villa but not very often. If you do have any issues just press the housekeeping button on your in-room phone.

Dave

I just saw that the walkway from GF to MK is closed until late spring. This will affect the Poly. I know in this thread a lot of folks seem to downplay walkability but it was a factor for us (we like to walk) so it's a bit of a bummer that we won't be able to skip the monorail/boat lines coming back at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter