Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on booking Poly, it is a wonderful resort! I have booked accessible rooms before and roll-in shower is definitely a bookable category on the regular resort side in 2019 (UNLESS they are all being taken out of inventory for a refurb in 2020, but I highly doubt Disney would knock-out all the accessible rooms at once).

This is bookable right now online for 2019:
View attachment 406555

View attachment 406556

View attachment 406554

Were you booking through the regular reservation line for 2020? I would call back and ask another CM to check availability. Maybe the original CM was misinformed and assumed roll-in shower meant the walk-in stall shower available in the studios? You can also try calling the Specialized Functions number (407-939-7807, option 1) for room accessibility assistance.
Hi Thanks for this I booked direct with Disney UK and they checked and none available for April 2020

Can anyone tell me if they have had experience going to Early Morning Magic Fantasyland from the Poly? We are staying there for the first time next month and I’m a little clueless on the monorail situation. If we have to check in to the event around 7:30 am what time should we leave the resort and will the monorail be running? Thanks so much.

Can anyone tell me if they have had experience going to Early Morning Magic Fantasyland from the Poly? We are staying there for the first time next month and I’m a little clueless on the monorail situation. If we have to check in to the event around 7:30 am what time should we leave the resort and will the monorail be running? Thanks so much.

Done it several times. We usually leave our room around 7am, which means we’re through security and on the Poly platform 7:10-7:15ish, at the MK by 7:30ish.

The Resort Monorail usually starts at 7am. Assuming no delays or mechanical issues, all will be fine.

Do be prepared just in case you need a plan B though.

I think it starts at 7...it will say in the weekly guide you get at the poly. We got there shortly after 7 and took the monorail with no issues.

Done it several times. We usually leave our room around 7am, which means we’re through security and on the Poly platform 7:10-7:15ish, at the MK by 7:30ish.

The Resort Monorail usually starts at 7am. Assuming no delays or mechanical issues, all will be fine.

Do be prepared just in case you need a plan B though.
Thank you so much!

We didn’t do EMM on our last trip so I can’t speak to that, but you’ll definitely want to bookmark the Times Guide. It has the weekly schedules for all 4 parks and resort transportation.

We did EMM last summer while staying a trip Poly and the monorail was running. We left Poly around 7:15 am. And bonus - it was pretty much empty.

16 days! Each trip to or stay at the Poly finds me excited to try a new food or beverage. This time we are dining at Ohana for the first time, I want to get my hands on some Kona coffee, poolside malasadas, and the backscratcher from Tambu. Taking any and all recommendations for things I need to try!

16 days! Each trip to or stay at the Poly finds me excited to try a new food or beverage. This time we are dining at Ohana for the first time, I want to get my hands on some Kona coffee, poolside malasadas, and the backscratcher from Tambu. Taking any and all recommendations for things I need to try!

Oh god the tiny donuts are SO GOOD! The creamy passion fruit dip stuff they come with makes them even better. We got them on our pool day and they were brought to our Oasis patio, which I swear made them taste better. :rotfl2:

The Asian wings on the same menu were also really good, we had those for lunch that day.

Oh god the tiny donuts are SO GOOD! The creamy passion fruit dip stuff they come with makes them even better. We got them on our pool day and they were brought to our Oasis patio, which I swear made them taste better. :rotfl2:

The Asian wings on the same menu were also really good, we had those for lunch that day.
We have a patio booked so yay, will recreate your experience! Good to know about the wings as we will be at the pool most of the day and will need snacks :)

We have a patio booked so yay, will recreate your experience! Good to know about the wings as we will be at the pool most of the day and will need snacks :)

yeeees on the wings and the malasadas and we love the wonton chips with duck sauce, too. we also can’t make it through any trip without at least one trip to captain cooks for the pork nachos!

Does anyone know if when they did the soft refurb (regular rooms) if they changed the mattresses?

Last edited:
If anyone is going soon and plan to head over to the grand floridian Id appreciate some pics of the exercise equipment in the fitness center. I know it may seem petty but Im curious as to the brand/model of the treadmills, elipticals, stationary bikes and stair masters if they have any.

Thanks!

I love the backscratcher. I have no idea what’s in it. I don’t even care. :drinking1
Highly recommend.

If anyone is going soon and plan to head over to the grand floridian Id appreciate some pics of the exercise equipment in the fitness center. I know it may seem petty but Im curious as to the brand/model of the treadmills, elipticals, stationary bikes and stair masters if they have any.

Thanks!

I’d love to know this too. My son is a college runner and insists on continuing his summer training. The jogging path between the Polynesian and GF is not long enough, so he wants to use the treadmills and elliptical. I hope the treadmills are not too flimsy

Now that my fastpasses are made and I'm just counting down the days until our trip I'm trying to figure the final little details. I know there is a whole thread on who to order groceries from(and there is a wide variety of opinions) but I was wondering what you all thought was the best based on your past poly experience. We have always used garden grocer in the past(10+ years ago) but have heard there are some better. We won't be ordering alcohol, if that matters. Thanks!

I’d love to know this too. My son is a college runner and insists on continuing his summer training. The jogging path between the Polynesian and GF is not long enough, so he wants to use the treadmills and elliptical. I hope the treadmills are not too flimsy
My DH runs to the GF (we stay at Poly), works out and then runs back. He says the equipment is not flimsy. He just thinks the place is small compared to other gyms at Disney. Plus there is no shower there. He can try and get some pics in July.

Working on our packing list: does the beach area have community sand toys for kids to play with? I don’t remember seeing them last summer, but noticed the BC/YC had a basket of toys out at their beach when we stayed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter