Disney's Magical Express to End in 2022, Extra Magic Hours to be Replaced with Early Theme Park Entry Later This Year

My understanding is that the luggage delivery service was done by a different third part vendor - “Bags” or something like that - which has gone out of business since covid. I would imagine a new entity will emerge to fill this void once travel volume picks up.

I think this service was subsidized at least in part by participating airlines.
Just FYI, Bags, Inc. is not out of business. They are a large company that does all sorts of third party things for airports, airlines, hotels, etc. Whatever contract they had with Disney for luggage pick up and deliver at the resorts has obviously ended though.

Thanks to both of you.

I didn't realize that Bags Inc. provided this service. I see you can still use the service directly with Bags Inc, however they will charge $39.95 for the fist two bags and then roughly $10 for each bag after that. So for my family (3 of us), with 3 checked bags that is $49.95. Then add in the Uber/Lyft, say another $40-$50 (with tip). DME was saving us about $100 per trip. Not too bad (I guess) when you consider the entire trip costs well over $5000, and for us staying club level closer to $8000. Maybe we can create our own magic/Disney bubble.

Note: I only estimated one-way because we usually go to Universal after Disney and don't use DME on the way home.

Last edited:
Do you think Disney forgot the weather pattern in Orlando area for summertime? I guess they want us to return to the pool in evenings cause families can not afford paying extra entry fee for the evening hours!
But you have to admire Disney creativity to manipulate one day = 2 days admission pricing!
I think its more like "if we think comsumers will pay for EMH, or evenings in the parks" then why NOT? We too love EMH at night, esp Epcot! It's definitely a downer but I'm also really interested to see what Disney rolls out in the next 6 months.

Since Disney built their own resorts, perhaps they are figuring out how to buy their own buses/vans. Stay at GF, you get a Mercedes van. Stay at Pop and it's a school bus!

Since Disney built their own resorts, perhaps they are figuring out how to buy their own buses/vans. Stay at GF, you get a Mercedes van. Stay at Pop and it's a school bus!
I wouldn't be that shocked if they have their own transport and cut out the middleman. They are certainly going to have to do something getting from Disney springs to the hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter