Disney's Magical Express Service

disney02138

Earning My Ears
So, I have an interesting situation - was hoping for some feedback.

Two families:
1) My parents
2) My wife and kids

Booked our deals separately:

1) My parents: directly thru Southwest Vacations (only staying four nights)
2) Us: Liberty Travel (seven nights @ disney)

Situation:

My youngest sister is going to join us - fly in on her own via Southwest (same flights) but she would stay with my parents for the first four nights and us the remaining 3. She would basically watch the little one.

We're finding it difficult to add her to my parents Southwest Vacation package (cuz she wouldn't fly home with my parents) and Liberty won't add her to our room cuz we technically have four if you count the infant.

So, if she flies on her own - is there a way we can get her on Disney's Magical Express Service? How strict are they?

Also, at the hotels, would we have a problem just having her crash in our rooms?

Any thoughts?

Reserve your sister for Magical Express on your parents' reservation. After you get there. change her ME reservation as needed (at least a day before she goes home).

The CM's will probably not notice if sis comes over to your room at bedtime, as long as she is registered somewhere.

Disney hints: http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/magicx.htm

ok, wait, she can't just be a guest at our hotel? we seem to having difficulty adding her to the Southwest Vacations Package or our Liberty Package.

Does Disney actually check who is entering and exiting the hotel during the day/night?

Before this question can be answered sustinctly I would like the following two questions answered.

1 - At which resort are you staying.
2 - How old is the "infant."

The answer to these questions will alter my answer to you.

All Stars Movie

Infant is 1.5 years old.

Thank you.

Go back to Liberty Travel. Get your sister added to YOUR reservation, since she will be "checking out" with you.

The room capacity for ASM is 4 people PLUS one infant under the age of 2.

INSIST on this with your Liberty Travel TA, the above room capacity is stated Disney policy, it's not bending the rules or anything. As far as Disney is concerned there should be no issue what so ever.

I would agree with the above poster. The only thing is that at least at the Value resorts, they charge $10 per night (plus tax) extra, for any adult over the two adult maximum occupancy (that is unless she's under 18). I'm guessing the travel agency would pass that extra cost on to you.

BTW, this is directly from Mousesavers:

Value Resorts - Notes

Rates listed are full price, also known as "rack rates." Rates are per room, per night, based on 2 adults maximum per room. Kids under 18 stay free. A charge of $10 per night plus tax applies for each additional adult in the room. A child under 3 in a crib does not count toward maximum occupancy.

Thanks everyone. I called Liberty and they are reviewing the reservation and make the change if they can. I'll keep ya'll posted!

Thanks everyone. I called Liberty and they are reviewing the reservation and make the change if they can. I'll keep ya'll posted!
As long as she is listed on someone's room reservation, she can use DME. That's all that is needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!