(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dangit. That's what I was afraid of. My girl really hates sleeping in the pack n play. Not sure it's it's the size or how low it is to the ground?
I was surprised and saw 2 different styles as we were leaving. One was like the white one shown , the other was the same size but dark brown wood.

I have not seen pack n plays in the hall in Sl or RPC, only cribs . I’m not sure of std outer building rooms .

B941E974-1A25-49E1-8D58-E54B192E9567.jpeg38064200-4DA9-48DC-99EB-A17E62D24C4E.jpeg

We will be staying in a garden view room in about 2 weeks. Are there any buildings or rooms that I should request so we aren't impacted by the walkway construction? We'd prefer a view that doesn't include the construction.

We will be staying in a garden view room in about 2 weeks. Are there any buildings or rooms that I should request so we aren't impacted by the walkway construction? We'd prefer a view that doesn't include the construction.
Any building but Sago should work. Request a pool view and that will help. Most of the rooms in Conch, BPK and BC that face the pool are Garden View.

Almost all of Sago except a few on the end are GV so many get put there.

I have been checking and RPC opened up with AP rate for my dates this weekend. A bit over $200 a night more. I asked dh and he said yep!

We are celebrating DD's 25th so now she gets her waffles that are missing from SL now.

This is my last “ big birthday “ with my baby girl . Hope we all make some new magical memories !

If I didn't arrive so late on Friday and dd didn't leave on Sunday I would have loved to have gotten the Walt suite. My dd sure loves him!
Someday lol , def on my bucket list.

Last edited:
We just got back from our week-long stay at the Grand, and it was absolutely amazing! We had Boca Chica room 8331. We took a Minnie Van from the airport, and we were greeted instantly when we arrived at the resort. Check in was easy. We got our pins, and we were whisked off to our room by a super friendly and knowledgeable cast member. Once in the room I remembered that I had ordered a gift basket with some snacks and surprises for DS (10). He said he would look into it, and within 10 minutes there was a knock at the door and there it was!

The room was beautiful and so clean! We unpacked, enjoyed the balcony a bit, and went off to explore and eat at Gasparilla. Every cast member we encountered at GF for our entire stay was so kind. DH was afraid that he would feel out of place, but he never did. I never felt like I didn’t belong there. It felt like home, a grand home, but home nonetheless.

We used the monorail, boat, bus, and Minnie Van while there and had no problems. We ate at 1900 Park Fair. It was one of the best meals of the trip.

We used the courtyard pool, and it was simple yet nice. We played on the beach a little the morning before we had to leave.

We could see the castle perfectly from our lagoon view room, so every night we watched the fireworks and the Electrical Water Pageant.

The only problem is I don’t think we’ll ever be able to stay anywhere else. GF totally spoiled us! It made a great trip truly magical!

so we are booked outer building lagoon view for 6/14-6/28. Starting to look at putting in room request wish list. we saw a YouTube video and decided we really like Boca Chica room 8429. Has anyone ever had luck requesting specific room number? I know it is very much a long shot, but we like the vaulted ceiling rooms and the balcony layout there.

View attachment 478937
We just got back from our week-long stay at the Grand, and it was absolutely amazing! We had Boca Chica room 8331. We took a Minnie Van from the airport, and we were greeted instantly when we arrived at the resort. Check in was easy. We got our pins, and we were whisked off to our room by a super friendly and knowledgeable cast member. Once in the room I remembered that I had ordered a gift basket with some snacks and surprises for DS (10). He said he would look into it, and within 10 minutes there was a knock at the door and there it was!

The room was beautiful and so clean! We unpacked, enjoyed the balcony a bit, and went off to explore and eat at Gasparilla. Every cast member we encountered at GF for our entire stay was so kind. DH was afraid that he would feel out of place, but he never did. I never felt like I didn’t belong there. It felt like home, a grand home, but home nonetheless.

We used the monorail, boat, bus, and Minnie Van while there and had no problems. We ate at 1900 Park Fair. It was one of the best meals of the trip.

We used the courtyard pool, and it was simple yet nice. We played on the beach a little the morning before we had to leave.

We could see the castle perfectly from our lagoon view room, so every night we watched the fireworks and the Electrical Water Pageant.

The only problem is I don’t think we’ll ever be able to stay anywhere else. GF totally spoiled us! It made a great trip truly magical!
Awe that is so great to hear! Thanks for sharing.

so we are booked outer building lagoon view for 6/14-6/28. Starting to look at putting in room request wish list. we saw a YouTube video and decided we really like Boca Chica room 8429. Has anyone ever had luck requesting specific room number? I know it is very much a long shot, but we like the vaulted ceiling rooms and the balcony layout there.
Then I would call and request that room number AND what you liked. ‘A room with vaulted ceiling aka a dormer room”.

Hope that helps!

I have been checking and RPC opened up with AP rate for my dates this weekend. A bit over $200 a night more. I asked dh and he said yep!

We are celebrating DD's 25th so now she gets her waffles that are missing from SL now.

This is my last “ big birthday “ with my baby girl . Hope we all make some new magical memories !

If I didn't arrive so late on Friday and dd didn't leave on Sunday I would have loved to have gotten the Walt suite. My dd sure loves him!
Someday lol , def on my bucket list.
YAY for the AP savings and upgrading yourself
We were pixie dusted pixiedust: room 4411 aka The Walt Suite and it is fabulous

:bday: to your DD
Safe Travels

YAY for the AP savings and upgrading yourself
We were pixie dusted pixiedust: room 4411 aka The Walt Suite and it is fabulous

:bday: to your DD
Safe Travels
I see people leaving the suite and think I’d love to be there !!

Glad you got to try it!

She just FaceTimed me to check her packing. Dh and I arrive mco 10p but I’ll be like a kid at Christmas and just wander the lounge/floor and gaze below before I go to bed. Just so magical up there.🥰

Oh and thnaks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter