(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can never remember which days they do not do the Princess Promenade... Would someone please remind me? Also, considering doing the GF BBB vs. MK BBB. Would anyone with experiences at one or both have a recommendation? TIA!!!!

I can't answer your questions, but wanted to bump your post in case others can help :flower3:.

TY @mickeynut1 ! 😊
I have heard/ read it doesn’t happen on Thursdays, but have also read it doesn’t happen on Tuesdays AND Thursdays, so I would like to plan accordingly.

You're welcome :goodvibes

I've also read different things about it, but can never remember the actual days. Hopefully others will be able to give some concrete information :).

HNY! pixiedust:
I can never remember which days they do not do the Princess Promenade... Would someone please remind me? Also, considering doing the GF BBB vs. MK BBB. Would anyone with experiences at one or both have a recommendation? TIA!!!!
In my understanding, the princess promenade is not a separate thing. It is part of the Disney Princess Tea Party. So if you know when the Disney Princess Tea Party is scheduled, you can be pretty certain that there will be a Promenade through the lobby as part of it. I am not sure if the Promenade happens early or late in the Tea Party.
Here is a link to info about the Tea Party. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...-resort-and-spa/perfectly-princess-tea-party/

Where is the orchestra located now that Enchanted Rose is open?
Their most recent location is on the first floor opposite the check-in desk. If you turn left when entering the lobby they are tucked away where a desk/counter was right before the bathrooms.

I am not sure if they are going to move again once the gingerbread house and tree come down because the orchestra was in the center of the lobby on the first floor before October.

Their most recent location is on the first floor opposite the check-in desk. If you turn left when entering the lobby they are tucked away where a desk/counter was right before the bathrooms.

I am not sure if they are going to move again once the gingerbread house and tree come down because the orchestra was in the center of the lobby on the first floor before October.
Yes, I was aware they were in front of the tea room before the Christmas season but am really wondering if there is even room for them now in their original location upstairs in front of Enchanted Rose.

Yes, I was aware they were in front of the tea room before the Christmas season but am really wondering if there is even room for them now in their original location upstairs in front of Enchanted Rose.
Definitely no room in the original location. That area is now lounge seating.

So I woke up this morning and saw the discounts had been released. We were planning on staying at a MK resort due to traveling at the same time with my sister and her grand babies and family which are staying at BLT. So we were thinking WL since DSL had not stayed there before. Well it turns out with AP discounts it was cheaper to stay at GF! We decided to go lagoon view since it was only around $50 more a night right! Now my question is do they have ground floor lagoon view, we usually like ground floor because of convenience of no elevator, and if they do have ground floors is the view from higher up just worth it? Thanks for any reply’s.

Even with discounts, Disney is still too expensive for us. Doesn't look like we will be sharing in the Magic.

So I woke up this morning and saw the discounts had been released. We were planning on staying at a MK resort due to traveling at the same time with my sister and her grand babies and family which are staying at BLT. So we were thinking WL since DSL had not stayed there before. Well it turns out with AP discounts it was cheaper to stay at GF! We decided to go lagoon view since it was only around $50 more a night right! Now my question is do they have ground floor lagoon view, we usually like ground floor because of convenience of no elevator, and if they do have ground floors is the view from higher up just worth it? Thanks for any reply’s.

PLENTY of ground floor LV!!!

IMO as long as it’s not a full on parking lot view I think there all great.....:thumbsup2

Looking for a room at the Villas 11/29-12/5 and it's showing NO availability. Any idea why this is...? Am I missing something...?

Looking for a room at the Villas 11/29-12/5 and it's showing NO availability. Any idea why this is...? Am I missing something...?

It’s one of the busiest times for DVC. Need to book at 11 months. But don’t give up, something might open up at 7 months!

DVC owners have booked up all of the studios during that time period with the exception of a couple of random nights. The first week of December is the single most popular time for DVCers and the studios at VGF are booked up within minutes of 8 AM 11 months in advance of check-in day.

It’s one of the busiest times for DVC. Need to book at 11 months. But don’t give up, something might open up at 7 months!
Excuse my ignorance on this, because I'm not 100% sure how DVC booking works. What happens at 7 months?
(I've looked at booking through Disney and through David's and no luck)

Excuse my ignorance on this, because I'm not 100% sure how DVC booking works. What happens at 7 months?

Not a problem. So if you’re a DVC owner, you have an 11 month advantage of booking a trip at your HOME resort. At 7 months from your trip date, you can book at ANY RESORT you want, pending availability.

At 7 months, owners can book at non-home resorts. Theoretically, you could see some VGF owners switch from their home resort to any of the other resorts at at 7 months. In practice, that doesn’t happen often enough to move the needle in favor of renters seeking one of VGF’s 47 studios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts