(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

What are some of your favorite building to stay in that have a lagoon view/maybe MK view? We paid for lagoon once but upon turning our heads could see the castle! I wish I could remember where it was - it was years ago.
Boca Chica has my favorite lagoon views and is probably the building you are thinking of! A quick left from some balconies and you have a great view of the castle!

We decided to pay for a theme park room upgrade but all they had left is big pine key on the first floor. We are currently still waiting for it to be cleaned. I hope I’m not disappointed. I was really hoping to be higher and in a building closer to the castle.

Great pics @kimmar067 Thanks for sharing.

Some sad news for fans of the Grand Floridian Orchestra that I didn't see posted here.......

So I thought I'd share from their FB page

It is with great sadness that we let you know our friend, former Grand Floridan Society Orchestra bandleader, and long-time Walt Disney World drummer/musician, Pat Doyle, unexpectedly passed away early Sunday, August 18, 2019.
Pat had been working with the GFSO two days a week since semi retiring 3 years ago. Pat had worked with the Walt Disney World organization since opening day in 1971.
Please keep his wife Letitia and the family in your thoughts & prayers. Pat will definitely be missed by all who knew him.

PatDoyle GFSO.jpg

Link to their FB page ----> https://www.facebook.com/GFSOrchestra/

I have reservations for an outer building, deluxe room, garden view at the GF. We have not stayed at the GF before. Are these rooms located in all outer buildings? Are they only located on the ground floor? Any suggestions for 'special requests' when booking these rooms?

We had to move our vacation to November. What can I expect, I’ve never been during this time frame
We also changed our vacation to first week of November and do not what to expect for temperatures, crowds or decoration. Has anyone else been a GF at this time.

We had to move our vacation to November. What can I expect, I’ve never been during this time frame

We also changed our vacation to first week of November and do not what to expect for temperatures, crowds or decoration. Has anyone else been a GF at this time.

We visit Disney approx. two weeks every November. Weather can be very unpredictable. I’d definitely pack a little of everything (jeans, shorts, light jacket or sweatshirt, etc.). Mornings and evenings can be chilly. Thanksgiving week is, of course, busier than the week after. If you do arrive Thanksgiving week, all decorations should be up in the parks, as well as the resorts by then. We LOVE going that time of year, especially because we love everything Christmas!! Not sure if that’s when you’re both arriving, but either way, I hope you have a great time!

We'll be there the same week! My mother moved to The Villages last October and she recalls that week being very nice and in the low 80s. Looking at various past data, it looks like we could experience high-70s to low 80s an average, but then you hear about those really hot days happening up through December. My boss went to Disney one Christmas and was in the waterpark because it was 88 degrees.

I’m another often November traveler, hot and need shorts or freeze your butt off lol. Pack layers and watch forecasts.

I have reservations for an outer building, deluxe room, garden view at the GF. We have not stayed at the GF before. Are these rooms located in all outer buildings? Are they only located on the ground floor? Any suggestions for 'special requests' when booking these rooms?
They all face inside towards pool except Sago which faces marina side. Floors 2-5 however 5 does NOT have a balcony.

I had one in Sugar loaf (upon request for outer building Cl.

From is a nice size and we loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter