(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the DVC Show review of the VGF this week and noticed that the DVC room had the towels in the shape of Mickey on the bed. We stayed at the hotel portion in 2016 and again in 2017 and thought that was a nice little touch. Then when we became DVC members and starting staying at other resorts they did not have this. I assumed it was because it was a DVC room. Is this something that they only do at GF? If so that is too bad, they should do it for all resorts.

I watched the DVC Show review of the VGF this week and noticed that the DVC room had the towels in the shape of Mickey on the bed. We stayed at the hotel portion in 2016 and again in 2017 and thought that was a nice little touch. Then when we became DVC members and starting staying at other resorts they did not have this. I assumed it was because it was a DVC room. Is this something that they only do at GF? If so that is too bad, they should do it for all resorts.

They randomly do this at every WDW resort.

I haven't heard anything about a GF refurb, but maybe others have ;).

What an awesome upgrade! RPC is amazing, enjoy!! :wizard:

TY for your reply! :)The rooms were looking a little worn on our December 2017 trip, so I was hoping they may be redone before our either May or November 2020 (depends on discounts) RPC trip :lovestruc, especially with all of the other changes and updates going on at the resort.

I’m just so excited to have a GF trip to plan!!! We cancelled our September trip and have been sad about it. So room refurbs or no, we’ll be there in 2020! :lovestruc
I feel like the rooms themselves are pretty fresh. The TVs and light fixtures were all replaced since the last refurb (around 2017). I think the bathroom is the GF's biggest downfall. They are not in bad shape by any means, they just look/feel a little dated compared to newer ones with fancier shower heads and glass doors. I am sure you will love your stay! :cloud9:

TY for your reply! :)The rooms were looking a little worn on our December 2017 trip, so I was hoping they may be redone before our either May or November 2020 (depends on discounts) RPC trip :lovestruc, especially with all of the other changes and updates going on at the resort.

You're welcome! Just wish I could have been a little more helpful ;).

I’m just so excited to have a GF trip to plan!!! We cancelled our September trip and have been sad about it. So room refurbs or no, we’ll be there in 2020! :lovestruc

Sorry you had to cancel your Sept trip. Hope you have fun planning for next year :goodvibes.

Sitting here waiting for Magical DEPRESS but wanted to share a few things about our trip before we leave.

Check-in last week was probably the easiest check-in we’ve ever had. I put a bldg request thru Touring Plans but upon check-in the greeter pretty much let us choose whichever bldg we wanted as she said there were plenty of rooms open in all the different bldgs. We chose upper floor in Big Pine Key and were very pleased to find out it was actually a lagoon view!! Room was nice and clean and very quiet as we were in the corner with no guests to the right of us.

It had been a few years since our last stay at the GF and were surprised to see that Gasparillas was now open 24hrs- very nice when you close a park down at night and want a little something late at night.

Biggest negatives we faced were with Mousekeeping and buses returning to the GF from parks. Nothing that ruined our trip but definitely worth a mention.

Overall, we had a nice trip and tried to make the best of it considering our family’s loss - which BTW, I thank you for the condolences.

Here’s a pic of our room in BPK . Room 9313:

Attachments

• 817325BE-3C89-4C08-9D45-B37241D03673.jpeg
    817325BE-3C89-4C08-9D45-B37241D03673.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 38
Sitting here waiting for Magical DEPRESS but wanted to share a few things about our trip before we leave.

Check-in last week was probably the easiest check-in we’ve ever had. I put a bldg request thru Touring Plans but upon check-in the greeter pretty much let us choose whichever bldg we wanted as she said there were plenty of rooms open in all the different bldgs. We chose upper floor in Big Pine Key and were very pleased to find out it was actually a lagoon view!! Room was nice and clean and very quiet as we were in the corner with no guests to the right of us.

It had been a few years since our last stay at the GF and were surprised to see that Gasparillas was now open 24hrs- very nice when you close a park down at night and want a little something late at night.

Biggest negatives we faced were with Mousekeeping and buses returning to the GF from parks. Nothing that ruined our trip but definitely worth a mention.

Overall, we had a nice trip and tried to make the best of it considering our family’s loss - which BTW, I thank you for the condolences.

Sounds like you had a great room, love the view! Glad you had a nice trip overall :).

I was thinking cr was done 1st and I just saw test rooms . The are trying Incredibles themed rooms .

Not sure I care for that. I hope it’s like US and only some rooms are themed. .

Poly has had some test rooms too.

I love new stuff ! Scary for changes but keeps hints interesting .

Happy planning ! Glad you got to rebook!

Surprised to hear Mousekeeping wasn’t up to par. They were excellent during our most recent stay! Happy you had a good trip!

Also surprised to hear about the Mousekeeping although the last times we were at the GF were August 2016 and 2017. Thought they did good a job. Actually had a daily log going with the Mousekeeper which was pretty cool. Not surprised about the buses returning from the parks. HS was the worst especially after the fireworks. It was like the more you paid for the room the less buses they had for that resort.

We are looking forward to coming home, AKL Kidani - Oct 13.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

What are some of your favorite building to stay in that have a lagoon view/maybe MK view? We paid for lagoon once but upon turning our heads could see the castle! I wish I could remember where it was - it was years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts