(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is great! :thumbsup2.

Hey guys! So we got back Monday am from our amazing stay at GF! As always, our room was spotless, the pools were amazing and the grounds were gorgeous!!! They did a great job for the 4th of July celebration! I posted a full review on the CL board, but thought I’d just add some pictures here.

Glad you had a great trip! Love the pics :goodvibes.

Funny, now that I think about it, we had a marina view at SL this past week, and there was a red crane to the left of the Water Pageant docking area. Not sure if it has to do with anything, but I was wondering why it would be in such a weird place. I will go through my pictures and see if I happened to take any in that direction.

*ETA: I took 2 pictures!! Top one gives you the best look.

6F96C5E7-BFC2-4C39-8A19-D925C20F0CF0.jpeg

2D768A68-1A53-477D-9A65-73EF935D21F2.jpeg

Also wanted to add: my DH just mentioned that he asked our fireworks cruise boat driver about it. He asked if they are building a bridge for a walkway and the boat driver quickly shot him down and said they would never do that. I guess it’s only the bus drivers that have all the information 😂

Last edited:
We have a GF stay coming up in November 2019. There will be 16 of us taking up 6 rooms. My aunt's birthday is on our arrival day (11/2) and we have had NO luck getting a dinner reservation anywhere (or anywhere that pleases everyone and is at the right time!!). I'm about ready to throw in the towel on the birthday night dinner, which will sorely disappoint my cousin (her daughter).

I had a thought of getting a special cake done and maybe having the entire group hang outside *somewhere* and have the cake after a very casual dinner (probably Gasparilla's Grill). I'm not familiar at all with the GF grounds and if there are places to do something like this. And then, of course, if it's raining that plan is out.

Any ideas?

Money is somewhat of a constraint so I can rent the yacht or any sort of really special, private arrangements.

We have a GF stay coming up in November 2019. There will be 16 of us taking up 6 rooms. My aunt's birthday is on our arrival day (11/2) and we have had NO luck getting a dinner reservation anywhere (or anywhere that pleases everyone and is at the right time!!). I'm about ready to throw in the towel on the birthday night dinner, which will sorely disappoint my cousin (her daughter).

I had a thought of getting a special cake done and maybe having the entire group hang outside *somewhere* and have the cake after a very casual dinner (probably Gasparilla's Grill). I'm not familiar at all with the GF grounds and if there are places to do something like this. And then, of course, if it's raining that plan is out.

Any ideas?

Money is somewhat of a constraint so I can rent the yacht or any sort of really special, private arrangements.

I’m not sure what type of restaurant you were looking for, but what about T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe? You can call them directly to make a reservation, since they are not owned by Disney. Rainforest was great accommodating my group of 18 this past November!! Good luck and have fun!!

I’m not sure what type of restaurant you were looking for, but what about T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe? You can call them directly to make a reservation, since they are not owned by Disney. Rainforest was great accommodating my group of 18 this past November!! Good luck and have fun!!

Even though we have two little ones with us, looking for some a little more adult. My aunt will be turning 79. One of the kids is terrified of loud noises so, I've read that those might not be great for a child like that.

I did try Raglan Road by phone but they had nothing until very late. I've also spoken to Grand Floridian Cafe by phone.

I've got a very plain eating group, plus two young children that apparently don't do well late at night so we have time constraints. It's also arrival day and I'm guessing most are going to be little tired. So I'm not changing any "grand" plans to something a bit more low key.

Any ideas?

Any reason why you have to have to do this on arrival night? I have gone on a trip with a large group and arranged a family meal with a cake later on in the trip. I'm thinking arrival night may not be ideal if travel goes awry. Perhaps adults can meet in lobby where the bar is and have a toast for the birthday lady on arrival night instead of a cake that night. Keeping it super chill that first night, and do a surprise cake one of the other nights. I'm sure that if you explain it to your cousin that she'd understand.

Any reason why you have to have to do this on arrival night? I have gone on a trip with a large group and arranged a family meal with a cake later on in the trip. I'm thinking arrival night may not be ideal if travel goes awry. Perhaps adults can meet in lobby where the bar is and have a toast for the birthday lady on arrival night instead of a cake that night. Keeping it super chill that first night, and do a surprise cake one of the other nights. I'm sure that if you explain it to your cousin that she'd understand.

Yeah, we've sort of had that discussion. I think she just wants to keep trying and definitely wants it to be on THAT day, but she's not unreasonable. Just doesn't overly understand how hard a group of 16 is at Disney.

Anyone know if there's still sunrise yoga offered? If so, when and cost? Has anyone tried it? Seems like it'd be a great way to get moving in the morning.

Christine, I'd try Narcoossee's

Narcoossee's was our first choice but it's been booked solid for weeks. I spent a lot of time on the phone yesterday with a CM trying to get a macro view of availability for a group of 16 and it seemed impossible. But...finally Citricos called me back yesterday and they said they could squeeze our group in if we could come early (5:15). Why YES we can!!! Apparently they take only one large group per night and the other group is dining later so they thought they could manage two large groups if we came early. I am beyond thrilled.

Narcoossee's was our first choice but it's been booked solid for weeks. I spent a lot of time on the phone yesterday with a CM trying to get a macro view of availability for a group of 16 and it seemed impossible. But...finally Citricos called me back yesterday and they said they could squeeze our group in if we could come early (5:15). Why YES we can!!! Apparently they take only one large group per night and the other group is dining later so they thought they could manage two large groups if we came early. I am beyond thrilled.

Glad you were able to get something! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

So glad you were able to get something! Honestly, Narcoossee's is a great place to dine (for the view), but Citrico's is sssooo good! You will love it!

I asked a similar question about a week ago. It appears that some trees have been removed. However, they still consider many rooms in Boca Chica lagoon view when it appears they are MK view. I’ll be there in 3 weeks and have a lagoon view in Boca Chica requested so I’ll let you know then. The thread I started is probably on page 10 in the resorts folder if you want to look it up.
It might be too late but for anyone who is wondering, the majority of trees in front of Boca Chica have been removed. There are a couple at the Southeast end but that’s about it. This was the view from our balcony in 8407 on July 3rd. Pretty great!C93ECF03-335B-4CAE-BC9E-45BD3EAAEBA1.jpeg

That's a large group to travel but Trattoria al forno has always had room for our 12 or 13 on our first nite...theres a room towards the end of the restaurant that actually has glass door out to the Boardwalk...it would have enough room for your group...you might try there..it's by the Epcot resorts...you might want to Uber or Lyft over there unless you have enough cars..I see 11/2 is on a Saturday so that may present a problem being booked up already...We celebrated our 48th Anniversary there...!!

It might be too late but for anyone who is wondering, the majority of trees in front of Boca Chica have been removed. There are a couple at the Southeast end but that’s about it. This was the view from our balcony in 8407 on July 3rd. Pretty great!View attachment 418048
Saw that, unfortunately couldn’t get into Boca Chica. Side note, I’ve been here since Sunday and today is the first time I’ve seen work being done on the walkway bridge. There’s been a red crane and some large steel beams laying around but today there are actual humans there.

Saw that, unfortunately couldn’t get into Boca Chica. Side note, I’ve been here since Sunday and today is the first time I’ve seen work being done on the walkway bridge. There’s been a red crane and some large steel beams laying around but today there are actual humans there.

That crane was there 4th of July week! So excited to see if this walkway becomes a reality. Can you please take a picture for us if you happen to pass it?

D418693E-46CD-4262-B6EB-9907A8D74E52.jpeg

Only my GF friends would understand this....

With heavy heart I just canceled my two trips planned for 2019. I had amazing dinner reservations that I spent hours fine tuning. Thank goodness I didn't get the FP portion on my planning. My DS just became a NY Police Officer and no vacations until next year, maybe a day or two somewhere but who knows.:sad:

Now to wait for 2020....Hoping for me and DH alone early June and with the kids in the fall!!!:wizard:

Keep the photos, trip reports and whatever else you got to entertain me during the wait...Thank you thank you:rotfl2::goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter