(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the same reason we picked GF...I wanted the Poly but the standard rooms dried up quickly. When I saw the discount at the GF, I couldn't pass it up. This will be our first stay at the GF!! We got a Lagoon View...the price difference between that and the next level down was small so I figured "go for it!!".

I'm reading that Boca Chica and Conch Key are the popular choices...if anyone has more suggestions or info on these, please share!!

We just stayed in GF LV room over Thanksgiving and LOVED it!! We could've stayed on our balcony all day long. No people traffic, only water, boats, and MK.

Boca Chica room 8203, booked as LV:

boca-chica-lv-png.367134

View laying down in sofa bed:
boca-bed-view-png.367133

Full view slight left/straight ahead:
boca-png.367138

View slight right showing tree obstructing CR:
cr-tree-png.367139

View to the right:
boca-to-right-png.367137

View to extreme right:
boca-to-extreme-right-png.367136

We just stayed in GF LV room over Thanksgiving and LOVED it!! We could've stayed on our balcony all day long. No people traffic, only water, boats, and MK.

boca-chica-lv-png.367134

boca-bed-view-png.367133

boca-png.367138

cr-tree-png.367139

View to the right:
boca-to-right-png.367137

View to extreme right:
Love those views!

boca-chica-lv-png.367134

boca-bed-view-png.367133

boca-png.367138

cr-tree-png.367139

View to the right:
boca-to-right-png.367137

View to extreme right:

Gorgeous!!!

The GF tends to spoil us. It's a lovely spot to to stay. It's lovely to relax in the lobby after a busy day in the parks and take in the music. It's lovely just to stroll through the grounds of an evening. Lovely is the word.

I agree! :goodvibes

Beautiful views :cloud9:.

Just booked an outer bldg garden view for June. Is there a building that is close to main bldg and pool? So excited to be staying here!

One more question have all the rooms been redone? And are the beds very comfy? I thought the Poly bed was a little too hard for my back.

Ou
One more question have all the rooms been redone? And are the beds very comfy? I thought the Poly bed was a little too hard for my back.

Our beds (in Big Pine Key) were very comfortable and quite soft. The room was not redone, however, as far as I could tell. It was pretty dated and felt like an old-school holiday inn or similar. It’s not a luxury hotel inside the rooms by any stretch.

IMG_1427.JPG IMG_1429.JPG IMG_1430.JPG
I have done a split stay starting from poly to gf . Gf beds are softer:)

I love the decor. The wall paper on the wall behind the beds, the pretty carpeting, the gorgeous drapes..... rooms were new summer 2014.

Our Holiday Inn's don't look like that up here in NY lol.

Its a quick trip without the kids so we head out early, I think my flight out is 10:15 am:scared1:

We get there Tuesday morning, I am trying to figure out what to pack. Any suggestions?
I was there for NYE and with the temps in the 80's I wore shorts 7am to midnight without needing a sweater.

However looks like Tues -WED only 60's. I would wear capris or pants in the morning when its the coldest. Midday I wear shorts for that temp cause I live in NY but would need a sweater. At night again gonna need some layers.

MK and AK tend to feel warm but Epcot gets really chilly with the lake so I usually wear more there.

I swear I bring it all because the numbers don't always reflect the temp. All depends on wind and humidity.

SO bring layers lol and as much as you can.

Looks really nice tho for Thurs and Friday ,sunny and 70's! Good Pool Days!

Gotta love no rain!!!

I was there for NYE and with the temps in the 80's I wore shorts 7am to midnight without needing a sweater.

However looks like Tues -WED only 60's. I would wear capris or pants in the morning when its the coldest. Midday I wear shorts for that temp cause I live in NY but would need a sweater. At night again gonna need some layers.

MK and AK tend to feel warm but Epcot gets really chilly with the lake so I usually wear more there.

I swear I bring it all because the numbers don't always reflect the temp. All depends on wind and humidity.

SO bring layers lol and as much as you can.

Looks really nice tho for Thurs and Friday ,sunny and 70's! Good Pool Days!

Gotta love no rain!!!

I went in January in 2016 and never wore shorts but I don't remember the temps. I wore capris and sweaters and also never went in the pool and didn't really see anyone either, just a few crazy kiddies. I guess I am going to need my largest luggage...:rotfl2:

How long are staying for? The weather the following week looks good too with the exception of Sunday but its too early to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter