(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! My family and I go to the Grand Floridian every year -- it is my happy place. BUT, I just tried to book a trip for the week of Oct. 17, 2016, and there is not a single room available at the GF. What's more, is that there isn't a single room available at ANY Deluxe resort. That seems to me that can't possibly be correct. Is it possible they will release more rooms later? Or is there some really big event down there at this time that would make it completely booked. It is the off season for goodness sake!!!

Any help or info would be much appreciated. I just promised my kids we could go that week in October so I'm sure what I'm going to do now, if this information is correct.
I've noticed that it occurs once I'm a while, but actually there are rooms available, but they won't show up. Have you called? I think you will be able to snag a room. Just keep trying (just keep swimming).

I've had the same thing happen to me before and I was persistent and kept at it and was able to get the room I wanted.

We get to do online check in on 6/23/16 so excited, any suggestions for an outer building garden view, we do like upper floors, it is just my DD and I, we do like it quiet in the late evening as well!

We booked our upcoming Halloween GF vacation in March. Well with the new PR going on with back to school we just got a $759 discount off our original package. Doing the happy dance. I am so glad the DH checks our prices daily and calls the TA. Check yours, others may get price reduction.

Good Luck

We get to do online check in on 6/23/16 so excited, any suggestions for an outer building garden view, we do like upper floors, it is just my DD and I, we do like it quiet in the late evening as well!

For the garden view, we like the marina view in Sago Cay. We always asked for upper floor, not dormer room, away from the elevator. It was always very quiet there. Stayed there three years in a row.

Has anyone considered not making room requests and just leaving it to chance? This is our first time at GF and I'm just so thrilled to be there I think any room would be excellent! Sometimes I think all the choices we have are too stressful. If anything, my only real "want" is a quiet room. Thoughts?

Has anyone considered not making room requests and just leaving it to chance? This is our first time at GF and I'm just so thrilled to be there I think any room would be excellent! Sometimes I think all the choices we have are too stressful. If anything, my only real "want" is a quiet room. Thoughts?
Nope! Never considered doing that, lol!! I'd be worried I'd just get what was left over.

I've done this before, made no requests and gotten a great room and then the opposite has also happened when I've made no request and got a less than desirable room location. That can happen whether you make requests or not that's for sure, even with requests you never really know what you'll get. Still, I think it's okay to simplify things and leave requests off, maybe you'll get something great and even if not maybe you could change rooms if it's really important to you. Like you said your excited to be there and will probably be thrilled with any room!

Have done this many times.

I'm not so picky as others, though, about room location. The only request I make now is "away from elevator". We had a room once right by the elevator and all we heard was the door open and close all day and night. Ended up changing rooms.

OMG I can't decide what request for a building .....or if I should just wait and check in at the resort.
I have an outer building garden view. My TA requested upper floor no dormer for me... Besides away from the elevator, that's all I'm sure of.
There is soooo much helpful info here, but there's too much!

Arghhhhhhh

Yup. We found our now favorite location at CBR by not making any requests and leaving it to chance. So many people like/request different things. It's not like if you don't make any requests they're going to give you the "worst" room. The room assigners know which rooms are less desirable and will only assign those when they have to.

Just changed our First half of our August trip from Poly CL to GF garden view. Excited! We haven't stayed at the Grand since 2007. Second half of trip will be BC CL.

FP+ day tomorrow. Also, typically skip online check in, but thinking will try it for GF. Thanks to all the discussion regarding online check in choices!!

Rebecca

Just changed our First half of our August trip from Poly CL to GF garden view. Excited! We haven't stayed at the Grand since 2007. Second half of trip will be BC CL.

FP+ day tomorrow. Also, typically skip online check in, but thinking will try it for GF. Thanks to all the discussion regarding online check in choices!!

Rebecca
:wave: Hi Rebecca! Me too! FP tomorrow! Looks like we'll be there the same time! Will have to meet up for a Sunken Treasure!

Hi all!!!

I get to book next week, yay! We are so excited, going all out this trip.

I freely admit, I dont know much about GF. We decided on outer building, lagoon view. We had garden view at Beach Club and our view wasn't so hot....

Does anyone have a favorite building for the room category I chose? I have a LOT of time to decide. :p

FP's booked. I did not do online check in yet. I am still contemplating my choices!!

See below, did take a snip of the online check in choices. Not sure of this was previously shared on this thread....

View attachment 175435
I did my FPs this morning, 4:00am west coast time :faint:. Took me 2 hrs for 14 days of FPs. I found the best luck clicking on exact times rather then morning, afternoon, evening.
Also did online check in. I like the pool/central courtyard view in Boca Chica. High floor. On my Res I requested NO Dormer. So hopefully won't get! Unlike YC/BC the pool, garden or marina views are standard views. So don't have to pay extra for a fountain, or patch of green!

Hi all!!!

I freely admit, I dont know much about GF. We decided on outer building, lagoon view. We had garden view at Beach Club and our view wasn't so hot....

Does anyone have a favorite building for the room category I chose? I have a LOT of time to decide. :p
We had a lagoon view in Big Pine Key looking across at Poly. It was very nice.

I did my FPs this morning, 4:00am west coast time :faint:. Took me 2 hrs for 14 days of FPs. I found the best luck clicking on exact times rather then morning, afternoon, evening.
Also did online check in. I like the pool/central courtyard view in Boca Chica. High floor. On my Res I requested NO Dormer. So hopefully won't get! Unlike YC/BC the pool, garden or marina views are standard views. So don't have to pay extra for a fountain, or patch of green!

They certainly didn't do a favor to those of us on the west coast when they switched that FP+ time from midnight ET to 7am. :( I remember many 4am phone calls to Dining years ago to get the ADRs we needed so I can sympathize with you.

Hi all!!!

I've only had lagoon view rooms in Boca Chica, and I can say that they are wonderful. I suspect the ones from Big Pine Key are equally lovely although they are facing a different part of the lagoon. And both are close to the pools.

Has anyone heard about some possible monorail work in November 2016? I'm wondering if it would impact my stay at GF.

Also, if I get a standard room club level in an outer building, where can i see the fireworks or parade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter