(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is gorgeous! I like the subtle ties to Beauty and the Beast, but I can still see victorian touches. The only thing that gets me is the color of the exterior. I need to see how it looks in the pristine white lobby... unless that other rumor comes true and there are more changes throughout the lobby to match!

I also love how Steve Porter was in the pic from another website:

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 10.06.17 PM.png

Will be staying at the GF in 2 weeks. Last time we stayed (2 years ago) there was some remodeling/painting going on in the Boca Chica building and had to request a relocation as there was a lift right outside our door. Are there any buildings being worked on currently?

Another look. Even outdoor seating is shown. I arrive wdw 10/10! Guess I’ll check it out :)

It really looks so beautiful! Almost wish it was a full service restaurant. I’ll definitely be there next trip! Hope you have a great time!!!

Will be staying at the GF in 2 weeks. Last time we stayed (2 years ago) there was some remodeling/painting going on in the Boca Chica building and had to request a relocation as there was a lift right outside our door. Are there any buildings being worked on currently?
I don't remember seeing any construction other than main building on the side towards the villas.

I popped over to hear band on 8/30 and 9/14.

However I wasn;t looking for it so its possible something going on.

We just got back and they were washing the buildings, our first day we had a lift doing a portion right outside our room 4309, not sure if they are done now or not.

We just checked out yesterday after 7 amazing nights! This was our first stay at Grand Floridian, and it was my daughter's dream resort. We went for her 16th birthday trip and we got some major Pixie dust. We booked Outer Building/Garden View. We were put in the most amazing room with a Theme park view instead. I sent a fax via touring plans requesting a room near that one in our category and said it was her 16th birthday. It couldn't have been more perfect! We had a corner room, so we had two balconies....one overlooked Magic Kingdom and one overlooked the Contemporary. We had the Water Pageant outside our room every night and saw the lights from the Halloween Party. We even saw the castle lit up for Christmas when we left the room at 4:45 for our Hollywood Studios days. It was amazing. It was everything she dreamed of and more. We loved Boca Chica and the Grand!

We just checked out yesterday after 7 amazing nights! This was our first stay at Grand Floridian, and it was my daughter's dream resort. We went for her 16th birthday trip and we got some major Pixie dust. We booked Outer Building/Garden View. We were put in the most amazing room with a Theme park view instead. I sent a fax via touring plans requesting a room near that one in our category and said it was her 16th birthday. It couldn't have been more perfect! We had a corner room, so we had two balconies....one overlooked Magic Kingdom and one overlooked the Contemporary. We had the Water Pageant outside our room every night and saw the lights from the Halloween Party. We even saw the castle lit up for Christmas when we left the room at 4:45 for our Hollywood Studios days. It was amazing. It was everything she dreamed of and more. We loved Boca Chica and the Grand!

What a great upgrade! Glad you had a great trip and enjoyed your first GF stay :goodvibes.

Joining in Just booked one night for my DD's 18th Birthday. It will be a surprise she thinks we are only saying at BWI. Booked an Outer bldg/Theme Park view. Can't wait for March to come.

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Also posted over on CL board...

Any recent RPC (main building CL) stays? We haven’t stayed there for about a year and a half to two years, but are heading back in the spring :lovestruc:woohoo:.
I would love to hear how the rooms are holding up, if lounge food and drinks 🥂are the same/ different as usual (I did see a recent post with photos of the drink fridge in the lounge), if the changes in the main building are having any effect on the CL experience (Enchanted Rose Lounge, Bibbidi Bibbidi Boutique, relocated GF orchestra), etc. Also, when staying on the third floor, do you hear any Enchanted Rose Lounge noise from below on the second floor (we had a TPV room before, so relatively quiet- this time we booked a deluxe queen)?
THANK YOU THANK YOU in advance!:thanks:

Just curious - is the GF orchestra move to the ground floor of the lobby (from upstairs) permanent? I feel like the music would be much louder now when lounging on the ground level than it used to be from above..

Just curious - is the GF orchestra move to the ground floor of the lobby (from upstairs) permanent? I feel like the music would be much louder now when lounging on the ground level than it used to be from above..

I don't know about the move being permanent or not, but it wasn't overly loud at all when we were there last week. It was perfect. We even sat in the chairs right in front of it one night and listened. It was great!

I visited RPC Sunday night. My friends were celebrating dd sweet 16.

It is annoying . You have to request wine or beer at night only the cordials out. That means the cms are busy and less chatty.

All the desserts were different and I didn't like any.

However I got home from my CSR cl book last night and promptly booked gf SL cl so I guess Im ok with it.

My friends had a great trip overall.

I have visited gf and I like the band where it is but heard they moving it to the other end of lobby. Don't like that idea.

Rooms were done a few years ago. Always hit or miss but overall still looking good.

LOL sorry have to run, busy at work.

:)

I visited RPC Sunday night. My friends were celebrating dd sweet 16.

It is annoying . You have to request wine or beer at night only the cordials out. That means the cms are busy and less chatty.

All the desserts were different and I didn't like any.

However I got home from my CSR cl book last night and promptly booked gf SL cl so I guess Im ok with it.

My friends had a great trip overall.

I have visited gf and I like the band where it is but heard they moving it to the other end of lobby. Don't like that idea.

Rooms were done a few years ago. Always hit or miss but overall still looking good.

LOL sorry have to run, busy at work.

:)

@trishadono, TY for your reply! :lovestrucI’m sorry to hear the new desserts weren’t so great, although I do think it was time for them to change them (albeit to something delicious!). Did you find that the lobby was noisier and more crowded with the new lounge on the second floor and the new Bibbidi Bibbidi Boutique?
Even though your experience Sunday evening wasn’t as wonderful as usual, I’m glad to hear you still booked SL! I hope you had a great CSR stay!:flower1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter