(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! We just landed and I got my room number. Does anyone happen to know if 6407 is a regular non dormer room and if faces pool or marina? Also how close is it to elevator? Thanks so so much! Just trying to figure out if I should ask to switch rooms when we get there :).

Hi! We just landed and I got my room number. Does anyone happen to know if 6407 is a regular non dormer room and if faces pool or marina? Also how close is it to elevator? Thanks so so much! Just trying to figure out if I should ask to switch rooms when we get there :).
6407 is Sugar Loaf CL.

It is the top floor so most likely dormer and has to be facing the marina/Sago Key because it is an odd numbered room.

oh shoot, will stop at desk. I really don’t want dormer. Thanks so much for the fast answer!

Hope they were able to change your room. Enjoy your time at the GF :wizard:.

Mentioned this also on the rumor board - really hoping this just stays a rumor. One of the things I love about the GF is it’s (relatively) lower non resort guest crowd levels (as compared to the Poly/contemporary). I love the easy monorail ride over and boat back (even after fireworks). Although, on the other hand, if I am on a budget trip and staying at a moderate/value resort, I would love it as I would Uber every time to/from the GF and walk over/back and hang out on the property for a while. I guess I am really conflicted about this - hope I can sleep tonight. :)

Mentioned this also on the rumor board - really hoping this just stays a rumor. One of the things I love about the GF is it’s (relatively) lower non resort guest crowd levels (as compared to the Poly/contemporary). I love the easy monorail ride over and boat back (even after fireworks). Although, on the other hand, if I am on a budget trip and staying at a moderate/value resort, I would love it as I would Uber every time to/from the GF and walk over/back and hang out on the property for a while. I guess I am really conflicted about this - hope I can sleep tonight. :)
I understand what you mean. When the new Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and updated Mizner's Lounge were both announced I was extremely concerned at the crowds in the lobby, especially the second floor monorail/security area and the elevator situation. It has been a little crazy there the past two holiday seasons with the tree and gingerbread crowds after the updated security screenings were implemented.

I am hoping this walkway helps stagger the crowds or reduces the strain on the second floor of the lobby. Maybe this is Disney's way of finding a solution for the growing crowds rather than having a bottleneck? I definitely voiced my concern after those past trips and I would only assume other GF resort guests felt similar frustrations.

Oh my goodness so exciting!!! Any chance this might be done by March 2020?

Yes!!! My husband was convinced he could walk to MK from GF and I had to give him the bad news last year. This is really great news!! We will be there in Dec and again in June (villas). I hope it’s done by spring. Can’t wait.

Hey guys! So we got back Monday am from our amazing stay at GF! As always, our room was spotless, the pools were amazing and the grounds were gorgeous!!! They did a great job for the 4th of July celebration! I posted a full review on the CL board, but thought I’d just add some pictures here.

CBB65DA1-AF93-4948-987E-EF28E8DFFF66.jpegC344E7A6-B0C9-4BD6-B79F-C525E0954B35.jpeg066E323F-9A56-4096-AE2E-5E6EE94ED1B4.jpegD4E851E4-099E-4A1C-96C9-3D59834605E5.jpeg9B433A26-6B24-49D9-A609-E74110C71555.jpeg0133C22B-393C-4001-9EE0-28DA6379A2DC.jpeg4B05BA13-7950-403E-A028-D5411BBF5BB6.jpeg6E761DB6-0791-48FA-880D-5425758BC3C4.jpegD9FAB92B-ED69-4F3C-995B-0E0A6D93C7C2.jpeg

Hey guys! So we got back Monday am from our amazing stay at GF! As always, our room was spotless, the pools were amazing and the grounds were gorgeous!!! They did a great job for the 4th of July celebration! I posted a full review on the CL board, but thought I’d just add some pictures here.

View attachment 416910View attachment 416911View attachment 416912View attachment 416913View attachment 416914View attachment 416915View attachment 416916View attachment 416917View attachment 416918
Lovely pix!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter