(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your reply!:daisy: Band ‘noise’ is okay with me! It’s people noise that I’m not as crazy about! We live in the country and are used to quiet, so it’s a bit of an adjustment to be at Disney and we do seek a quieter room. The xx22 rooms sound wonderful and are exactly what we would request, however, I’m worried we may get ‘stuck’ with xx19/xx20 rooms. I guess we are wondering if we should book a standard room instead of a deluxe for a chance of a quieter room... If we could guarantee a xx22 we would choose that! However, I know requests are just that, a request that they may not be able to meet. What do you think? Thanks so much!!!

I appreciate your help I’m good with the music!:goodvibes People noise drives me nuts! As mentioned above, we live in the country where it’s super quiet, so Disney is an adjustment and we seek a quieter room if at all possible. I know that 4/6 deluxe rooms wouldn’t be quiet choices, so that makes me nervous. Although there’s a gamble on noise level with the standard rooms too, I’m sure. We had a TPV room at RPC about a year ago, so those were sort of out of the way. I’m sort of anxious to figure this out while availability is still there!
If you can manage the TPV rooms, I think that it may be your best bet for a quieter room in the Main Building. Whist you are losing a little bit of space in the room itself, you may have a better chance of missing those excitable little feet and voices passing your door. I must admit, though, we have never stayed in a TPV room and so can't speak to view, sound levels etc. However, the quietest room we've had in the GF was actually in an outer building - Boca Chica Lagoon View. But, we are steadfast Main Building people. We also enjoy our time hanging around the resort and the extra room size is a consideration. So, I can understand your quandary, now. But, whatever your choice I hope and trust you will have a wonderful stay.

If you can manage the TPV rooms, I think that it may be your best bet for a quieter room in the Main Building. Whist you are losing a little bit of space in the room itself, you may have a better chance of missing those excitable little feet and voices passing your door. I must admit, though, we have never stayed in a TPV room and so can't speak to view, sound levels etc. However, the quietest room we've had in the GF was actually in an outer building - Boca Chica Lagoon View. But, we are steadfast Main Building people. We also enjoy our time hanging around the resort and the extra room size is a consideration. So, I can understand your quandary, now. But, whatever your choice I hope and trust you will have a wonderful stay.

Thank you so much for your reply! We have only stayed in a TPV room before, and enjoyed it. It was right above Gaspy’s, so you do get some restaurant and marina noise floating up. It makes sense that those rooms would experience less lobby and hallway noise, though!
Last trip, we didn’t take advantage of the resort, so this upcoming trip, we are going to spend WAY more time there (cabana day, spa day, fewer park days). Therefore, the extra space of the deluxe room would be advantageous. Your quieter room in an outer building sounds great, too! I can see we agree, though, that there’s NOTHING like the main building :lovestruc and we’re decided on RPC. Yes, it certainly is a quandary, but a lucky one to be in!
I wonder how likely it is my request would be granted if we asked to be placed in one of the two quieter the deluxe rooms (out of the six available)... :scratchin

Last edited:
Im looking at Touring plans room finder. I booked garden view and am thinking of Big Pine because it seems pretty convenient location. The room I like is on fhe 4th floor with no room above it. Is this a dormer room? I thought my 13 yo would like a view of the monorail so I gushed over a picture to get his attention. He was not impresseed with a monorail view so Im going with pool resort view. He thinks we’re staying at Wilderness Lodge so will hopefully will be surprised.

Im looking at Touring plans room finder. I booked garden view and am thinking of Big Pine because it seems pretty convenient location. The room I like is on fhe 4th floor with no room above it. Is this a dormer room? I thought my 13 yo would like a view of the monorail so I gushed over a picture to get his attention. He was not impresseed with a monorail view so Im going with pool resort view. He thinks we’re staying at Wilderness Lodge so will hopefully will be surprised.
Yes all 5th floor and the ends of the 4th floors for non cl buildings are the dormer rooms (no one above you).

I had a BC facing the pool and loved it.

I'm sure you are aware that dormer rooms have enclosed balconies. You really need to stand to enjoy the view. You will have chairs and a table out there, but you won't see much while seated(unless you are seven or eight feet tall). We have stayed in a dormer room and felt that we missed out a little. I know that some people just love the dormers with the vaulted ceilings etc. We felt a little claustrophobic. If you found the room you like, though, just go for it! I'm sure you will have a great time!

Thank you so much for your reply! We have only stayed in a TPV room before, and enjoyed it. It was right above Gaspy’s, so you do get some restaurant and marina noise floating up. It makes sense that those rooms would experience less lobby and hallway noise, though!
Last trip, we didn’t take advantage of the resort, so this upcoming trip, we are going to spend WAY more time there (cabana day, spa day, fewer park days). Therefore, the extra space of the deluxe room would be advantageous. Your quieter room in an outer building sounds great, too! I can see we agree, though, that there’s NOTHING like the main building :lovestruc and we’re decided on RPC. Yes, it certainly is a quandary, but a lucky one to be in!
I wonder how likely it is my request would be granted if we asked to be placed in one of the two quieter the deluxe rooms (out of the six available)... :scratchin
Hmm, the Room Allocater may not understand 'quieter'! I would probably go with Beach Pool, Villas - Polynesian View, Irregularly-shaped Deluxe Room and give them the room numbers. Often room numbers will confuse them, but when there is only a couple of rooms in that category, it couldn't hurt. Then, put in 'Quieter' for good measure! The Best of British for your requests!

Hmm, the Room Allocater may not understand 'quieter'! I would probably go with Beach Pool, Villas - Polynesian View, Irregularly-shaped Deluxe Room and give them the room numbers. Often room numbers will confuse them, but when there is only a couple of rooms in that category, it couldn't hurt. Then, put in 'Quieter' for good measure! The Best of British for your requests!

Thank you for the tips! :thanks:

I have never equated Quiet = Disney Experience. Do understand your concerns though so shooting for an end of hall room away from the elevators for a start. Conch Key might be a good bet.

Our last stay at RPC was at Christmas time, so we’ve experienced it on the noisier end (although we did have a TPV room that stay)! I guess I mean Disney quiet, not real-life quiet! Thanks for the feedback and recommendation! :flower3:

Could anyone share their favorite place to watch MK fireworks at the Grand?
We leave tomorrow for our first ever stay at GF
Thanks!

There are several great places, off the boat dock is nice, by the marina near Gasparillas is also fun, music is piped in also.

If you’re staying in a room with a view towards MK that can also be a fun experience also.

DE07C8CF-42BE-48A2-B5FB-57ACB6A26A54.jpeg

For some reason I love this view, especially with a glass of Bailey’s on the rocks.....:thumbsup2

could anyone recommend me room request to pick..i am staying in a garden view outer building.I have never stayed here before..Many thanks

After multiple times calling Disney I finally got a CM who was knowledgeable about the GF and was able to change my RPC standard room to a RPC deluxe queen room. :hyper: She even told me how much larger the room was compared to our standard room club level reservation.

The past several times (3) I have called to ask about this particular room category, I was told by the CM, the main building did not have deluxe queen rooms only deluxe king. :headache: Ugh so frustrating since I know they do exist, we had one next to us one trip. I was nice, said thanks for checking, and hung up.

Persistence finally paid off today.

could anyone recommend me room request to pick..i am staying in a garden view outer building.I have never stayed here before..Many thanks

Anywhere at the GF is nice, but my two favorite outer buildings are Big Pine Key and Boca Chica. Both overlook the courtyard pool and are close to the main building & beach pool. Sago and Conch are also nice and are located by the boat dock and bus transportation. The GF isn't all that spread out so while some buildings are closer to the main areas than others, nothing is far away. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

After multiple times calling Disney I finally got a CM who was knowledgeable about the GF and was able to change my RPC standard room to a RPC deluxe queen room. :hyper: She even told me how much larger the room was compared to our standard room club level reservation.

The past several times (3) I have called to ask about this particular room category, I was told by the CM, the main building did not have deluxe queen rooms only deluxe king. :headache: Ugh so frustrating since I know they do exist, we had one next to us one trip. I was nice, said thanks for checking, and hung up.

Persistence finally paid off today.

It's amazing how many different responses you get from different CMs :sad2:. With that said, I'm glad you were finally able to get someone who was knowledgeable and was able to make the change. Enjoy the rest of your planning, hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!