(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in November we took the plunge and booked 3 nights ahead of a cruise at GF a standard room! Well my TA emails yesterday and says you qualified for the sun and fun promotion saving us 620$! I did my Mickey dance! Complete surprise. However, in looking today I notice we could upgrade to a Outer Building- Standard club level access and save 300$ from our original budget. What does this mean? Is it worth it? Or should I just take my 620$ and run? PS we are going end of August if that makes a difference.

I would definitely book it, I know it’s only $300 but still you could save more say on breakfast and beverages alone could add up to that and enjoy some other convenient extras as well.

Back in November we took the plunge and booked 3 nights ahead of a cruise at GF a standard room! Well my TA emails yesterday and says you qualified for the sun and fun promotion saving us 620$! I did my Mickey dance! Complete surprise. However, in looking today I notice we could upgrade to a Outer Building- Standard club level access and save 300$ from our original budget. What does this mean? Is it worth it? Or should I just take my 620$ and run? PS we are going end of August if that makes a difference.
Sl is a nice building even just for location! It's near the main building and courtyard pool. Plus you get food and beverages 7am to 10pm.

I love cl at gf. Read starting from January 2018. Skip to when you see pix and read when we post about cl. I posted several times with pix last year. It will help you to see what food and beverages are offered etc.

Sl is the best bargain on property ! I just booked for May with the discount too :)

Definitely book Club Level!!!! Enjoy it!

Sl is a nice building even just for location! It's near the main building and courtyard pool. Plus you get food and beverages 7am to 10pm.

I love cl at gf. Read starting from January 2018. Skip to when you see pix and read when we post about cl. I posted several times with pix last year. It will help you to see what food and beverages are offered etc.

Sl is the best bargain on property ! I just booked for May with the discount too :)
Thanks! Just curious did they have bottled water? Also since it's a 3 night stay with our schedule I see us doing 1 maybe 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, and maybe 1 afternoon snack. I think it might be worth it. My understanding of CL is the room itself is not different just access to the lounge.

Well I promised these back at Thanksgiving so I flew back down for these pix .

Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing :flower3:.

We are heading back to WDW in a month :cloud9:, but with a group, so not staying at GF :sad1:. However we can’t stop planning our Feb 2020 GF trip (pretty sure I have hubby convinced)! I’m considering renting a poolside cabana, but am finding wildly conflicting numbers as far as the rental cost for 1/2 and full day. Does anyone have recent numbers for off-peak times? Also, is it “worth it”? THANK YOU in advance! :thanks:

I can't help with the cabana, but wanted to say congrats on having 2 trips to plan! It's never too early to plan and you can never have too many trips in the works :goodvibes.

Ahhhhh I'm so excited!!! My fiance and I officially booked a 5 night stay at the GF for our honeymoon!!!! Been dreaming of staying here since I was a kid and now IT'S HAPPENING :banana:. I'm already researching and planning like mad because I'm so excited. We'll have a garden view room in one of the outer buildings, any suggestions on which building? We're going to fax in our room request with TP and was hoping for any building suggestions or room suggestions! I love the room views overlooking the courtyard pool, but does it get noisy due to pool traffic? We're still so far out from our trip but I like getting room ideas early :)

Congrats on booking the GF for your honeymoon! I think anywhere at the GF is great, but my two favorite outer buildings are Big Pine Key and Boca Chica. Both overlook the courtyard pool and are close to the main building. With that said, I don't think there's a bad building/room at the GF. Enjoy the planning :wizard:.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

It’s been a while since my last post but that’s because I just booked our next trip!!!
Me and my significant other will be staying at the Grand June 28-July 4!!! And I’m in full planning mode and need help!

All our other trips have been in cooler weather and slower times so this is my first time staying when the parks are going to be absolutely busy (I stayed a few days before Christmas and it was packed!!!) so I was wondering if anyone has any tips to sort of beat the heat and relax while still doing what we want?

I would maybe try to hit the parks in the morning before it gets super hot, and then head back to the resort for some pool time. You can always head out later in the evening when it (maybe) cools down a little. I find the GF to be a great resort for relaxing/taking in the surroundings, so I'd definitely plan some resort down time :).

Hi everyone, newbie to the Grand Floridian here! I've stayed a few times at the Poly, and looked into booking a trip September 29-Oct 5th, 2019 to take advantage of free dining and my son being free since he turns 3 in early October. There is pretty much nothing at the Poly, and many other resorts standard rooms are booked too but the GF is wide open. Am I missing something here? Is there any construction going on or some other reason people aren't booking at the Grand? We'll be traveling with my 6 year old daughter and my almost 3 year old little guy. I've only ever walked around the lobby, I haven't seen the grounds or the pool but in pics it looks like the kids would have just as much fun at the GF kiddie area as they have at the Poly. I'm thinking about booking unless there's some reason I shouldn't. Thanks! :)

Hi everyone, newbie to the Grand Floridian here! I've stayed a few times at the Poly, and looked into booking a trip September 29-Oct 5th, 2019 to take advantage of free dining and my son being free since he turns 3 in early October. There is pretty much nothing at the Poly, and many other resorts standard rooms are booked too but the GF is wide open. Am I missing something here? Is there any construction going on or some other reason people aren't booking at the Grand? We'll be traveling with my 6 year old daughter and my almost 3 year old little guy. I've only ever walked around the lobby, I haven't seen the grounds or the pool but in pics it looks like the kids would have just as much fun at the GF kiddie area as they have at the Poly. I'm thinking about booking unless there's some reason I shouldn't. Thanks! :)

The Grand Floridian has cooties that’s why............

Just kidding!

It seems the FD offer in general at Poly has been offering fewer and fewer rooms available for that offer, if you check for room only or maybe a different offer I wonder if something would pop up, I’ve experienced that before.

The Grand Floridian is beautiful and very welcoming to all guests, my kids have NEVER complained about staying there.

Thanks! Just curious did they have bottled water? Also since it's a 3 night stay with our schedule I see us doing 1 maybe 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, and maybe 1 afternoon snack. I think it might be worth it. My understanding of CL is the room itself is not different just access to the lounge.
They had water all last year left out on a tray. You can also take items and put in your room for later if needed. I often grab fruit or a beverage etc.

So the June discounts came out and I am so disappointed. We booked GF using rented DVC points (first time) for our 10 night stay in June. We did this because I ran the numbers and I just "knew" that Disney would never discount the GF low enough to justify paying for a 10 night stay in cash. We stayed here last June and DH and I both said that we never wanted to stay anywhere else again... however, 2 long trips in 2 years meant that I should *try* and save some money where we could.

Well, fast forward to now and the 40% passholder discount means that we are only paying $30 less per night than if we had paid cash. When you add in the fact that I will be "buying" the extra towel package each day, it would have essentially been the same amount of money to stay in Boca Chica again where we fell in love with the resort.

Has anyone stayed in a studio before? How does it compare to a regular room? We loved Boca Chica and the daily housekeeping.... UGH. I guess that I made a mistake and I'll just have to live with it. I hope that it still has that "magical" feeling that we had staying the regular part of the resort.

I can't think of any reason not to book the GF. The Poly is my favorite resort, but I also love the GF. It's a totally different feel/vibe, but it's just as kid friendly/fun as any other Disney resort. You can book the GF and keep checking for something to open up at the Poly, but the GF really is a great resort and is worth a try, IMO ;).

Hi! We are booked at the Grand twice in 2019 for the exact same reason. We’ve stayed at the Poly numerous times and absolutely love it. However, the availability of discounts this year at the GF for our travel dates, and very little at the Poly, made it significantly less expensive overall. I’m wondering if the Grand has finally bumped against the upper limits of what people are willing to pay, even at WDW. Also, the GFs greater reliance on the aging and sometimes unreliable monorail system, as opposed to the Poly and CR, may be having an effect. In the past I’ve always greatly admired the Grand, but was unwilling to pay more for that reason. At the same or lower price, I’m all in. :thumbsup2:banana: I am planning to enjoy every minute there! Hope your family does also!

Last edited:
Hello! We've been to WDW many times but this is our first stay at the Grand (extremely excited!). As a newbie to the GF I am not very familiar with the overall layout of the multiple buildings - we'll be staying in an Outer Bldg Lagoon View room - and so I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions if I should request a specific building or if it doesn't really matter. We'll be checking in on March 15 and haven't done the online check-in yet.

Also, do they still do the Princess promenade in the afternoon? My 2 year old granddaughter is already a huge Disney Princess fan (we have a ADR at "Rella's House" (the castle) as she calls it) and she would be totally mesmerized if she sees a princess with her prince strolling down the staircase at the Grand!

Thanks!

Staying Sugar Loaf CL in March.. anyone been recently who would share their experience? We have stayed SL club level 2014, and 2015 and loved it!! Did not return after cut backs in 2016/2017. We hope this time it is well enjoyed!

Staying Sugar Loaf CL in March.. anyone been recently who would share their experience? We have stayed SL club level 2014, and 2015 and loved it!! Did not return after cut backs in 2016/2017. We hope this time it is well enjoyed!

If you look on the Club Level page 997 I posted a short something on a recent stay, I think a few others may have had some stuff also recently.

Hello! We've been to WDW many times but this is our first stay at the Grand (extremely excited!). As a newbie to the GF I am not very familiar with the overall layout of the multiple buildings - we'll be staying in an Outer Bldg Lagoon View room - and so I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions if I should request a specific building or if it doesn't really matter. We'll be checking in on March 15 and haven't done the online check-in yet.

Also, do they still do the Princess promenade in the afternoon? My 2 year old granddaughter is already a huge Disney Princess fan (we have a ADR at "Rella's House" (the castle) as she calls it) and she would be totally mesmerized if she sees a princess with her prince strolling down the staircase at the Grand!

Thanks!

I could have written this post! Lol We will be staying in same room category only in August. We’ve never stayed at the GF either, but have visited the resort several times. I would love some building suggestions also.

Thanks!

I could have written this post! Lol We will be staying in same room category only in August. We’ve never stayed at the GF either, but have visited the resort several times. I would love some building suggestions also.

I've stayed in Conch Key and Boca Chica with lagoon views. My favorite has been Boca Chica! If I turned slightly left I could see the castle! That said, Boca Chica was a little further to walk to amenities since you go around the pool. Conch Key is closer to the boat launch and has a back exit closer to Gasparilla.

I was there last November and they were always out. Enjoy it!

@DisneyLifePapioNe when you were in SL recently, did they still have the water bottles out? Thank you

Thanks!

We loved Conch Key!

I believe the promenade is still every afternoon!

Enjoy!

Last edited:
I was there last November and they were always out. Enjoy it!

@DisneyLifePapioNe when you were in SL recently, did they still have the water bottles out? Thank you

Yes, bottled water is typically placed on top of the soda fridge. I wish they would designate a shelf to keep some cold inside the fridge, I always take 1-2 to the room anytime I’m coming through until our fridge is stocked well enough in the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter