(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was tons of roped off section for poly guests . So much space and made it nice .

Not too busy after that compared to 7/4.

Sitting at oasis pool with a spiked dole whip . Heading to airport in a few hours :(

That’s great!!! Looks peaceful! Will you be going back for the 4th? If so, where did you decide to stay this year?

DH is so upset he forgot to go back for a spiked dole whip! lol I was happy with whatever was at the pool bar lol Miss Poly a little bit... especially after seeing all the pictures!! I was looking at CL offerings there two nights ago, but just can’t find anything I’d like to eat that I’d change from SL to there...

916DFA61-CD82-476C-9FE5-08FE1D3F17E0.jpeg

Hello!
I’ve been reading through this thread because we are staying at the Grand in three short weeks for the first time! SO excited
I have a question about the refrigerators. We are in an outer building garden view standard room. I’m ordering a few fresh things for the room and want to order milk for my daughter. I’m wondering what size milk would fit in the fridge-will it hold a gallon size, or should I order two half gallons?
Thanks so much!

Hello!
I’ve been reading through this thread because we are staying at the Grand in three short weeks for the first time! SO excited
I have a question about the refrigerators. We are in an outer building garden view standard room. I’m ordering a few fresh things for the room and want to order milk for my daughter. I’m wondering what size milk would fit in the fridge-will it hold a gallon size, or should I order two half gallons?
Thanks so much!

I believe you could get both to fit, personally I would do 2 half’s though once one is used it will free up more space, that’s just me though, I like to have some waters and sodas and oh uhh some of the tiny fireballs also!!!

I believe you could get both to fit, personally I would do 2 half’s though once one is used it will free up more space, that’s just me though, I like to have some waters and sodas and oh uhh some of the tiny fireballs also!!!

Hello!
Thanks so much!

I agree with trying to fit as much as you can, but we actually buy milk in one gallon size and we have not had any issues. We usually fill our fridge pretty good, too, (milk, food, bottled water, large bottle of moscato (just in case of emergency), beer... they all fit) Enjoy!

It’s kinda like an “In case of emergency drink this bottle of wine” situation. Hey, you never know... :teeth:
You mean when you walk over 20000 steps a day and your legs get numb?

I usually grab a glass of red, put plastic on top and stick in a drawer in the room. Some nights we get back late and I'm so sore. Even my elbows will hurt!

No plans yet 7/4. I keep looking however Dd and dh can't go so.... maybe I'll take mom ?

You mean when you walk over 20000 steps a day and your legs get numb?

I usually grab a glass of red, put plastic on top and stick in a drawer in the room. Some nights we get back late and I'm so sore. Even my elbows will hurt!

No plans yet 7/4. I keep looking however Dd and dh can't go so.... maybe I'll take mom ?

:laughing::laughing: I take forever to get ready for dinner... nice to have a pre-dinner drink!! Make-up, wine and music. That’s all I need ;)

It is a lot of walking!!! We try to break 20,000 steps each trip, but have only done it a couple times.

Your mom is so sweet, definitely bring her along!! Especially if you’re doing CL!!

Ahhhhh I'm so excited!!! My fiance and I officially booked a 5 night stay at the GF for our honeymoon!!!! Been dreaming of staying here since I was a kid and now IT'S HAPPENING :banana:. I'm already researching and planning like mad because I'm so excited. We'll have a garden view room in one of the outer buildings, any suggestions on which building? We're going to fax in our room request with TP and was hoping for any building suggestions or room suggestions! I love the room views overlooking the courtyard pool, but does it get noisy due to pool traffic? We're still so far out from our trip but I like getting room ideas early :)

Ahhhhh I'm so excited!!! My fiance and I officially booked a 5 night stay at the GF for our honeymoon!!!! Been dreaming of staying here since I was a kid and now IT'S HAPPENING :banana:. I'm already researching and planning like mad because I'm so excited. We'll have a garden view room in one of the outer buildings, any suggestions on which building? We're going to fax in our room request with TP and was hoping for any building suggestions or room suggestions! I love the room views overlooking the courtyard pool, but does it get noisy due to pool traffic? We're still so far out from our trip but I like getting room ideas early :)

Congrats!! So exciting!!! :bride:

I would try for something in BPK, noise isn’t to bad, it’s usually sounds of joy if anything from the pool so not to bad to deal with if anything. Any resort you get an occasional blower or mower for grounds maintenance but it’s all normal.

CONGRATS on both!!!!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

It’s been a while since my last post but that’s because I just booked our next trip!!!
Me and my significant other will be staying at the Grand June 28-July 4!!! And I’m in full planning mode and need help!

All our other trips have been in cooler weather and slower times so this is my first time staying when the parks are going to be absolutely busy (I stayed a few days before Christmas and it was packed!!!) so I was wondering if anyone has any tips to sort of beat the heat and relax while still doing what we want?

My Signicant other has ALWAYS loved the GF resort and wanted to stay here. She’s very excited and I want to pop the question over this trip so any nice places at the resort to do that??

Any advice to a young Disney fan would be much appreciated!

Thanks

It’s been a while since my last post but that’s because I just booked our next trip!!!
Me and my significant other will be staying at the Grand June 28-July 4!!! And I’m in full planning mode and need help!

All our other trips have been in cooler weather and slower times so this is my first time staying when the parks are going to be absolutely busy (I stayed a few days before Christmas and it was packed!!!) so I was wondering if anyone has any tips to sort of beat the heat and relax while still doing what we want?

My Signicant other has ALWAYS loved the GF resort and wanted to stay here. She’s very excited and I want to pop the question over this trip so any nice places at the resort to do that??

Thanks
Congratulations! Two thoughts for where to pop the question...
1. Go to Narcoosies restaurant. After dinner you can watch the Magic Kingdom Fireworks Show from the porch.
2. Take a stroll over by the wedding pavilion.

Thanks

I agree with @miTnosnhoJ. Narcoossees is right on the water with a beautiful view of the castle. I’d make a later reservation so you can watch the fireworks after. There’s an outdoor deck you can watch from too, which is nice. I might have a picture I can post. The lobby is gorgeous, also!! I will be there, so I hope I get to see it happen!! Good luck and Congrats!!!

B8F9EEAB-226A-4D80-B569-CF5B08EDBFCC.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s great!!! Looks peaceful! Will you be going back for the 4th? If so, where did you decide to stay this year?

DH is so upset he forgot to go back for a spiked dole whip! lol I was happy with whatever was at the pool bar lol Miss Poly a little bit... especially after seeing all the pictures!! I was looking at CL offerings there two nights ago, but just can’t find anything I’d like to eat that I’d change from SL to there...

View attachment 372790
I know it's rough, but someone has to do it ...

Thanks

Good Morning and Happy New Year!

How exciting! Anywhere in the GF will be beautiful, especially the suggested locations. There are special things that WDW does in this situation, I would call and get some information.

I know if you propose in the parks there is a key word you need to tell the photo pass people so their ready. If you want a photo maybe they can make sure someone is lurking close to grab one.

I am also sure that someone on this thread will be way more informed than I. But I would also guess that the GF and the restaurant would take special care of the plans too. Best of luck and Congratulations!! BTW I just canceled my trip of almost those exact dates (6/29 - 7/8) to reschedule for early October.

Thanks

Another place I might suggest (weather permitting), is right out on the boat dock, maybe right before the fireworks actually start!

I would consider right in the center of the lobby to be a beautiful place as well.

I agree with the other spots that others have suggested as well!

Either way you’ve chosen a wonderful place to pop the question!

Back in November we took the plunge and booked 3 nights ahead of a cruise at GF a standard room! Well my TA emails yesterday and says you qualified for the sun and fun promotion saving us 620$! I did my Mickey dance! Complete surprise. However, in looking today I notice we could upgrade to a Outer Building- Standard club level access and save 300$ from our original budget. What does this mean? Is it worth it? Or should I just take my 620$ and run? PS we are going end of August if that makes a difference.

Back in November we took the plunge and booked 3 nights ahead of a cruise at GF a standard room! Well my TA emails yesterday and says you qualified for the sun and fun promotion saving us 620$! I did my Mickey dance! Complete surprise. However, in looking today I notice we could upgrade to a Outer Building- Standard club level access and save 300$ from our original budget. What does this mean? Is it worth it? Or should I just take my 620$ and run? PS we are going end of August if that makes a difference.
I'd go for Club Level in a heartbeat! It sounds like you're getting a nice deal. And, since you already budgeted the money, I'd go with the $300 savings and run!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter