(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We stayed at RPC for a week in September, and the texting service was wonderful. We texted to get our 4th and beyond FPs, and we even texted if we wanted to change our original three. Much, much easier than finding a kiosk and waiting in line. You could send the text before you even actually rode your third FP ride but after you scanned your band, so the reply would be waiting after you rode. We also used the texting to change or cancel ADRs, and for just random questions that we otherwise would have googled on our phone. It was much easier to text. I did find that they didn't advertise the service much, if I hadn't read about it here first i think I would have possibly missed that it even existed. I'm really hoping it moves from a test to all CLs, as we have plans at the WL and Poly CL next year, and they aren't doing texting as of now. I think it's a great perk.

Thanks nina and all of the others that answered my question about the texting service; I'm so excited to be able to use it! I'll be especially thrilled if they can book FPs at a different park for us before we get there. I agree that it's a huge perk, and would make it much easier for me to convince DH we need to upgrade to CL more often! January can't come soon enough!

Just wanted to check out the new thread... It's quite nice :)
:lovestruc I love all the photos and the info about making room requests.
I think I will call the GF tomorrow to confirm my room requests.
Quick question:
Who did you all say to call at the GF that could help confirm that my room requests were noted? Is there a special phone number?
I am beyond excited since we leave in 9 days!!! :cloud9:

oh... one more thing:
i was a bit confused earlier in this thread... can I now get fastpasses for both soarin AND test track?
Or did I misunderstand what I was reading?

oh... one more thing:
i was a bit confused earlier in this thread... can I now get fastpasses for both soarin AND test track?
Or did I misunderstand what I was reading?

I believe there has been a glitch in the FPP system. Under the tiered FPP system you aren't supposed to be able to get them, unless they've changed the previous policy.

As my ticker notes, it is time to do the laundry and dig out the suitcases -- because as Jean Valjean said to Javert -- ONE DAY MORE!!!!!!!!:banana::dance3::yay::wizard:

Tom

I'm so excited- just booked a GF stay for April 19-22! I will be taking a dear family friend's son (age 9) who is like a nephew to me. I have always wanted to take him on his first Disney trip- and now that's a reality! I cannot wait. We booked a Lagoon View room. I'll be following this thread- can't wait to be back at the Grand and to show Carter how amazing it is!

Some of the rooms have Keurig's and some have Cuisinart's. You should be able to get some kind of coffee creamer in Sandy Cove, or Gaspies. Not sure about cases of water, but everything is cheaper off site. :rotfl2:

Nice to see you hanging around these days Maxie...:goodvibes

Thanks nina and all of the others that answered my question about the texting service; I'm so excited to be able to use it! I'll be especially thrilled if they can book FPs at a different park for us before we get there. I agree that it's a huge perk, and would make it much easier for me to convince DH we need to upgrade to CL more often! January can't come soon enough!

:thumbsup2

I'm so excited- just booked a GF stay for April 19-22! I will be taking a dear family friend's son (age 9) who is like a nephew to me. I have always wanted to take him on his first Disney trip- and now that's a reality! I cannot wait. We booked a Lagoon View room. I'll be following this thread- can't wait to be back at the Grand and to show Carter how amazing it is!

:yay: Congratulations!!! What a fun trip for you all...Happy planning! :wizard:

DisneyDmbNut :cake: what a grand way to celebrate your birthday!

Tom:teleport: Don't worry..we wont tell a soul...:ssst: ....lol....;) Enjoy F&W...:goodvibes

Hope that all of my fellow GF fans are having a terrific Thursday!! :flower3: preppy GF Gal who has changed FPP's around once again! :upsidedow ....

madmar said:
I think I read somewhere that the rooms have keurig coffee makers. If so do they sell coffee creamer at the resort. also do they sell cases of water at the resort and if not would it be cheaper to get a case of water from garden grocer or buy it in the parks. arriving on Saturday......cant wait:cool1:

Standard rooms have Cuisinart pods. They also supply little packs of cream and sugar but the cream is powder. They have liquid creamer at Gaspys if you fill a coffee mug there. Not sure if they have it for sale. Many pages back someone mentioned a case of Water was $17 at the resort.

By your ticker, it appears you are doing the same thing I am -- cheating on the Grand at the YC for F&W. I arrive tomorrow morning a little after 9am!

Tom

Yep!

We should get there about 10am or so. It makes sense to stay at YC for F&W especially since I am still in my boot and will be on a scooter. Too much walking. If you see someone on a Buena Vista Scooter with a black boot on the left leg, that is me!

Two more days and very excited for our first stay at GF! I tried to do online check in yesterday but the disney website kept giving me errors. I appreciate Disneys focus on next-gen technology but really don't understand all the issues that they have with their sites. :confused3
Fingers crossed that there is a good bounce back offer in our room.... I am already thinking about our next trip!

Two more days and very excited for our first stay at GF! I tried to do online check in yesterday but the disney website kept giving me errors. I appreciate Disneys focus on next-gen technology but really don't understand all the issues that they have with their sites. :confused3
Fingers crossed that there is a good bounce back offer in our room.... I am already thinking about our next trip!

Try this link: https://secure.reservations.disney....al_Default_Page&process=false&pageRender=true

Good Morning!

We arrive @ the Yacht Club tomorrow morning and then switch over to RPC on the 28th- time flies! Just crossing my fingers I beat this cold I started feeling today! lol. This will be our first RPC stay (fiancee and I) and have the MNSSHP, F&W Classic, JIKO Wine Tasting, and some restaurants of course! I'll try to post some reviews/pictures as I did with our Poly stay in July :goodvibes

Good Morning!

We arrive @ the Yacht Club tomorrow morning and then switch over to RPC on the 28th- time flies! Just crossing my fingers I beat this cold I started feeling today! lol. This will be our first RPC stay (fiancee and I) and have the MNSSHP, F&W Classic, JIKO Wine Tasting, and some restaurants of course! I'll try to post some reviews/pictures as I did with our Poly stay in July :goodvibes

LOVE Stormalong Bay! How has the weather been there? Have a GREAT TRIP!

Woke up this morning even more excited than I have been to stay at GF. It's always been a dream of mine to stay in the main bldg during Christmas time. So excited it is finally happening. I just have to keep the surprise as my mom doesn't know. We stayed in an outer bldg with TPV years ago and she's dying to go back there. We r staying at CR tower for a couple of days then switching over. She's gonna be so blown away! 44 days!

We leave this weekend. I suspect I won't get much work done today. :) Question about the perks that come with a disney package. We got a ton of coupons for stuff we're never going to use (a round of mini-golf, free appetizer at Planet Hollywood). Can I give those to someone? I hate to throw them out but I know we won't get to 90% of these things.

I am SO excited! I have been checking multiple times/day for the room I needed at the GF (wanted 3 nights Outer Bldg Garden View with AP rate but only had 2, first night was booked as outer bldg lagoon view but didn't want to change rooms after 1 night so we switched it to the Beach Club, and then to the Poly) I checked today and it wasn't available. For some reason I decided to search for the night before to see if I could get a room somewhere for 2 nights and just go a day early and the room I wanted showed up! So I finally was down to 1 reservation in the room I wanted for 4 nights, whewhoo! We were tempted to go a day early but it is just not feasible for a lot of reasons so I just called and cancelled the first night. I still don't know why I couldn't book it for 1 night in the first place but I finally have what I need!

We were in WDW for 4 nights this week. Friday before we drove home we went to the Poly to walk around and to the GF. We are going to request Big Pine Key but honestly I don't think there is a bad building location they all look pretty close together. SO excited to be there in 42 days!

I spoke to two CMs today on the phone and they both said no cribs just pack n plays. I read on the boards that the deluxes DO have cribs. Anyone stay recently to know if this is true? We rented from A Baby's Best friend and had a good experience so I'll probably just do that again to make sure we do have a crib. We all slept great with the baby in a crib. We stayed overnight on our drive home and had to share a king with him. I spent the entire night hanging off the bed because of how he insisted on sleeping

SOOOOOOO excited to finally stay at my dream resort for 3 nights!

Congrats on getting what you wanted for all nights, it pays to keep checking :thumbsup2. Big Pine Key is one of my favorite outer buildings, but I do agree that none of them are bad as the GF isn't that spread out, so nothing is far from the main areas.

We've never had a need for a crib/pack n play, so I can't help with that question.

Hope the time flies between now and your trip :wizard:.

Hey Guys...

So, i have a question for the Veterens... I have been to disney 5 times and have always rented a house. This trip we are doing the same but... I booked 1 night at the GF for a surprise. Debating on if should buy 2 nights.
I have a Outer building Deluxe Garden View booked. Just wondering what room request i should put in to get one close to the pool??
Is club level worth it? should i upgrade

Thanks soooo much for your help

Nicole

My two favorite outer buildings are Boca Chica and Big Pine Key, which are great choices for being close to the courtyard pool (with Big Pine Key being the closest to the main building and beach pool). Upgrading to CL is a personal decision and while it would be worth it for me to upgrade to the main building (RPC), I didn't care enough for SL to make the upgrade worth it for that over an outer building. With that said, the GF is amazing with or without CL, so I'm sure you will have a great time if you choose not to upgrade to CL :goodvibes.

I've been told the Grand Floridan puts on a great New Years Eve party. Can anyone elaborate as to what actually takes place?

I can't help as we've never been over New Years, but hopefully others will be able to give some insight :flower3:.

Anyone have good locations for photos. DH and I are getting photos done for our anniversary, and are staying at the GF. However, I have never been there so I have no clue!

We've never had photos done, but IMO, anywhere at the GF would be great :). Hopefully someone else who has had pictures done will be able to give some suggestions.

MickeyNut Do I see more Bull's pics in your siggie!!!

Yes, you do :thumbsup2...gotta love the Bulls!!! I am (im)patiently awaiting the season to kick off next week :hyper:. October 29 will be here soon so your NY Knicks better get ready because the Bulls are coming for them :rotfl::rotfl:.

On here earlier than usual today...was busy updating FPP on the 30 day mark...so a heads up to my fellow GF fans....have been able to tweak ours the last few days... if you don't get what you want at the 60 day window..try again...

I haven't had experience with FPP yet, but I do agree not to give up and to keep trying as things do change, whether it's FPP, ADRs, etc. ::yes::.

Thanks for posting the new RPC CL queen deluxe pictures, k&a&c'smom! These are exactly what I was looking for as proof that they now have a pull out. The main reservation center is still listing this room with a capacity of 4, but it looks like it is now 6. Also, oddly, this particular room type does not come up as an option for booking online. Had I not been dealing with a very knowledgeable CM by phone, I would not have known it existed at all.

I don't know why, but for some reason the RPC Deluxe Queen has never shown up online. The Deluxe King is available for online booking, so it's strange that the queen isn't.

Hi all,

Question - do you find out ahead of time what room you are assigned? Or just when you get there?

As MommyGina posted, you do not get your room assignment until you get there.

Hi everyone,

I haven't been to the Grand since 2011 so THANK YOU for having such an awesome thread! I'm up to speed on all of the changes and the new decor. Needless to say, I'm more excited than EVER for our trip! 13 days!!!!!

I had to edit my post- I originally had 21 days but misread my stroke count- it's 13 days!!!
Thanks again!
Robin

Have a great trip :yay:.

We are checking in on Oct. 28 Im trying to decide what to request, Sago Key near Gasperellas or Big Pine Key near the beach for fireworks. My question is have both of those buildings been renovated ? I know I dont want a dormer room. We have 3 kids 4,5, and 8.

My choice would be Big Pine Key. As far as renovations, all rooms/buildings are completed :).

We check in on the 28th too! So excited! Have a great trip!

We asked not to be on the ground floor but left the rest up to the room assigner! Hoping some pixie dust flies our way and we get the perfect room for our stay!

Have a great time :dance3:.

grannyminnie Hope that you and your sister are having a magical WDW vacation!

Same from me, grannyminnie....hope you are having a great time :wizard:.

January can't come soon enough!

January will be here before you know it :thumbsup2.

Just wanted to check out the new thread... It's quite nice :)
I love all the photos and the info about making room requests.
I think I will call the GF tomorrow to confirm my room requests.
Quick question:
Who did you all say to call at the GF that could help confirm that my room requests were noted? Is there a special phone number?
I am beyond excited since we leave in 9 days!!!

You would call the main reservation number to make requests and/or confirm that requests are noted. I don't know of any number to get you connected to the GF directly as the phone number associated with the resort will get you a call center and not the actual resort. With that said, if someone else has different information, hopefully they will post it ;).

I arrive tomorrow morning a little after 9am!

Tom

:cool1:

How exciting :dance3:...and how very nice of you to take your friend's son. I'm sure everyone will have a magical trip.

:yay:

Good luck with the BB :).

Good Morning!

We arrive @ the Yacht Club tomorrow morning and then switch over to RPC on the 28th- time flies! Just crossing my fingers I beat this cold I started feeling today! lol. This will be our first RPC stay (fiancee and I) and have the MNSSHP, F&W Classic, JIKO Wine Tasting, and some restaurants of course! I'll try to post some reviews/pictures as I did with our Poly stay in July

Have a great trip, you are going to love RPC :goodvibes.

Woke up this morning even more excited than I have been to stay at GF. It's always been a dream of mine to stay in the main bldg during Christmas time. So excited it is finally happening. I just have to keep the surprise as my mom doesn't know. We stayed in an outer bldg with TPV years ago and she's dying to go back there. We r staying at CR tower for a couple of days then switching over. She's gonna be so blown away! 44 days!

What a great surprise for your mom!! The GF is amazing in any room category, but you will love RPC ::yes::. Have a great trip.

We leave this weekend. I suspect I won't get much work done today. Question about the perks that come with a disney package. We got a ton of coupons for stuff we're never going to use (a round of mini-golf, free appetizer at Planet Hollywood). Can I give those to someone? I hate to throw them out but I know we won't get to 90% of these things.

Have a great trip :wizard:.

I'm not sure if those coupons can be given away as I think they have your name and trip dates on them (or at least they used to), but hopefully someone else will be able to give a definite answer.

All those preparing for their GF trip have a great time. It's going to be a very long year for me. Post pics all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter