(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Disney provide K-cups every day, or do I need to pack some?
There were 6 K-cups when I checked-in: 2 regular, 2 decaf, and 2 tea. All Joffrey's.

I honestly did not use any of them so I am not sure how fast they are replenished. I would guess housekeeping would replace K-cups like regular coffee/mugs daily. You could also probably just phone housekeeping for additional.

If you want a specific brand or flavor, packing some may work better.

My family is staying in a dedicated 2 bedroom villa at the GF this December and we couldn't be more excited! I am wanting to rent a full size crib for our son from an offsite company but I don't know if there is any room in the master bedroom for it. Do you think the master bedroom closet is big enough? Thanks much!

My family is staying in a dedicated 2 bedroom villa at the GF this December and we couldn't be more excited! I am wanting to rent a full size crib for our son from an offsite company but I don't know if there is any room in the master bedroom for it. Do you think the master bedroom closet is big enough? Thanks much!
Yes there is! We did a 2 br when it first opened. I kept thinking it would make a great baby spot. My kids were adults lol so not needed.

Also the room itself is large where there will be room for a crib.

Definitely. I sometimes joke that my DH needs to sleep in that closet (kind of like sleeping in the doghouse). And he probably actually could! :laughing:

Hi there fellow GF fans! :wave2:

Hi :wave2: longtime lurker checking in

I have no trips planned but this is a GF Anniversary for Mom & I. It's the 30th (UGH now I feel really OLD) Anniversary of our first stay, we were in Conch Key don't remember much other than the building, they used to have M&M dispensers on the tables at 1900 PF and it was also the trip that I fell in :cloud9::lovestruc with the GF

:wave: @MickeyNut,:wave2: @BlueSkies, :wave: @Maxie86 and anyone else I know that I missed

Congrats on your mega dose of pixie-dust pixiedust:

My mother & I were also dusted with that suite in Dec 2010.

Hey you!! :hug: Nice to "see" you around here! I do recall that wonderful pixie dust that you got..and DD and I enjoying visiting you and mom in those wonderful accommodations...:cloud9:

I am going to the party on the 24th. If I can grab one for you I’ll let you know.

That is such a nice thing to offer to do! :goodvibes DISsers are awesome!

Does Disney provide K-cups every day, or do I need to pack some?

They do indeed..:thumbsup2

No answer from me...just wanted to say congrats on booking such terrific room category! :dance3:Enjoy! and being at the GF in December is extra special with it being all decorated in its holiday best....

Trish Awesome pics!!! Thanks as always for sharing! We def need more DVC info and pics around here!

~From what I remember hearing on our trip...SL is supposed to open early September... and beside the annual painting of the outer building..the inside areas including the atrium and ceilings in that area were being repainted as well some work on the air conditioning system....probably why the entire building is closed...

And..for anyone planning on a F&W trip.I read right here in the DIS that Eat to the Beat dining packages nos include some QS options as well....some nice entertainment scheduled...Now if they would just release the rest of the schedule of narrators for the Candlelight Processional!! :confused3 ....lol...C'mon Disney!!

Hope that you are all having a magical Monday!!

Last edited:
Hello All!
We are leaving for Disney World this Thursday! We are staying at the Grand Floridian for the first time. I'm not currently paying anything extra for a certain room type but was wondering if it was worth stopping by the check-in desk when I arrive and ask for a possible room request/location? Is it worth trying? Have others done it before here at the GF? Here is the description on my reservations...

Room Type: Outer Bldg - Garden View

Again, I'm not expecting and free giveaways or anything but was just curious if there is something I should try/say when I arrive to possibly "upgrade" our room location/view. Obviously we would love a full balcony with some kind of water view but know we aren't paying for it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to any tips this great community might have.

Thanks for your time!

- manooly

Does anyone know of potential construction at GF Thanksgiving week?

No that I have heard of???

Hello All!
We are leaving for Disney World this Thursday! We are staying at the Grand Floridian for the first time. I'm not currently paying anything extra for a certain room type but was wondering if it was worth stopping by the check-in desk when I arrive and ask for a possible room request/location? Is it worth trying? Have others done it before here at the GF? Here is the description on my reservations...

Again, I'm not expecting and free giveaways or anything but was just curious if there is something I should try/say when I arrive to possibly "upgrade" our room location/view. Obviously we would love a full balcony with some kind of water view but know we aren't paying for it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I look forward to any tips this great community might have.

Thanks for your time!

- manooly

Congrats on your very first GF stay! :goodvibes I bet it won't be your last!

There is a map on the very first page of this thread..in the first post...it will give you the lay of the GF land....Outer building GV is actually very lovely ..and one of the nicest things is that there is water/partial LV rooms in the GV room category..Those rooms would be in either Conch Key or Sago Cay....the actual rooms overlook the marina area...but the ones in Conch closest to the lagoon end of the building will give you view of the lagoon as well...and all rooms do have balconies...the property is not large and everything is pretty close in proximity..so no matter where you are..you are pretty close to everything (meaning monorail, pools, shopping, quick service and dining) ...IF you are interested in a true lagoon or theme park view...you might want to ask for that at check in...personally...I think that all of the GVs at the GF are so nice that it's unnecessary...some as I said are of the marina..and some of the lovely courtyard pool area...you really can't go wrong...Best of luck and have a grand trip!!

ETA..If you are interested in keeping your GV..but want either of those outer buildings I would have it noted on your reservation..although at 4 days out not sure if the resort would get that info...certainly you can ask at check in....

This is gonna sound crazy but........I was so board the other night I planned a faux DCL cruise for my birthday also watched The Beach Boys 'Kokomo' video several times this morning cause of GF withdrawals

Hi there fellow GF fans! :wave2:

Hey you!! :hug: Nice to "see" you around here! I do recall that wonderful pixie dust that you got..and DD and I enjoying visiting you and mom in those wonderful accommodations...:cloud9:

Hey :wave2: :wave: That's right you were there I have a pic of you sitting on one of those chairs with Clowny and I think Maxie was also there

Hello All!

Thanks for your time!

- manooly

Have a great trip. ... You will regardless of the room you land in but it never hurts to ask. A lot depends on how full they are when you check in. Having a resort layout sheet with you and asking if there are rooms available in a particular building(s) offers guidance at check-in.

Hello All!

Thanks for your time!

- manooly

Have a great trip. ... You will regardless of the room you land in but it never hurts to ask. A lot depends on how full they are when you check in. Having a resort layout sheet with you and asking if there are rooms available in a particular building(s) offers guidance at check-in.
Last year i did an outer bldg gv room. I checked in and asked what room # was. I keep the room number maps in my purse for arrival. I instantly knew i was in BC behind the pool house so nicely asked if another room was available. I still got BC but a 4th floor with full balcony and great view!

Use this:

https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-grand-floridian-resort

Even if you just learn the 1st digit is building # and 2nd digit is the floor that helps alot.

4 Rpc
5 Sago
6 SL
7 Conch
8 BC
9 BPK
I also only write down numbers from each end of the building as a quick snapshot of it. OH and one side will be all even # and other side all odd so its good to know that. For ex if you get an odd room at BC that faces the lagoon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter