(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am here now and the beach pool looks the exact same, renovations are complete. The cabanas look the same also. They added a few sun beds around the beach pool and the quiet pool.

Enjoy your vacation!! Just wondering do you have to book the sun beds? I wondering if you can beforehand? Thanks

@trishadono and @mrsap I'm hoping to fit in another GF November trip....how about you guys??
I'm sad to miss everyone over July 4!! This will be the first year in a very long time that we haven't been there (Poly CL) over July 4!

@trishadono and @mrsap I'm hoping to fit in another GF November trip....how about you guys??
I'm sad to miss everyone over July 4!! This will be the first year in a very long time that we haven't been there (Poly CL) over July 4!

Hey!! How are you?! Good, I hope!!! We’ll actually be at WL/CCV in November! We are planning on GF either next July or November! I’ll definitely let you know once we decide!

That stinks you won’t be at Poly!!! (Still not to late to book! ;)!) I’m sure we’ll run into each other again soon!

Last edited:

I am here now and the beach pool looks the exact same, renovations are complete. The cabanas look the same also. They added a few sun beds around the beach pool and the quiet pool.

Are the sunbeds only for people who rent cabanas? If not, are they available to anyone? We are going for the first time in June and we can't wait!

Are the sunbeds only for people who rent cabanas? If not, are they available to anyone? We are going for the first time in June and we can't wait!
I saw some loungers on the beach in January. No signs or anything to rent , assumed free. I'll be there memorial weekend and will try to check if our vacationer is too busy to check back :)

I saw some loungers on the beach in January. No signs or anything to rent , assumed free. I'll be there memorial weekend and will try to check if our vacationer is too busy to check back :)

1st come 1st serve ☺️

Thanks so much. I assumed you had to pay for them because I thought you had to pay for them by the children's splash area. Thanks again.

Thanks so much. I assumed you had to pay for them because I thought you had to pay for them by the children's splash area. Thanks again.
Yes, there is a sign by kids splash area saying to inquire for premium seating, but nothing inside beach pool area.

Just out of curiosity, is anyone staying in SL June, July or August? When I went to check room availability earlier this year, nothing was available.

I will be a GF first timer (although I’ve been to WDW many times) this August. It’s always been a dream to stay at the Grand Floridian. I booked two lagoon view adjoining rooms in the outer building, thinking it will be a bit quieter than the main building. Am I going to be disappointed that it’s not as magical as the main building? I can always call and change it.

I will be a GF first timer (although I’ve been to WDW many times) this August. It’s always been a dream to stay at the Grand Floridian. I booked two lagoon view adjoining rooms in the outer building, thinking it will be a bit quieter than the main building. Am I going to be disappointed that it’s not as magical as the main building? I can always call and change it.
The main building is RPC club level. The price difference will be $$$.

Do you want/need cl?

I have stayed in the outer buildings and its lovely. I would choose BPK for a view of poly and convenience to both pools.

Last summer dh and I ended up in boca chica and loved it. We did dinner one night at Narcoossees and to walk and not not worry about transport was nice,

Mind you my next stay is RPC. We only have 2 nights and 3 adults so I wanted the extra space offered in the lounge. Also we won't be doing much in the parks and will spend a lot of time at the resort so it made sense to have cl this time.

Not as magical? It's the GRAND:cloud9: it will be magical whatever category you choosepixiedust:

Wait-What! When I stayed at Sugarloaf in April 2016, they didn’t have Mickey waffles. Has something changed in Sugarloaf for food offerings. I am going to be there 2019 and would love to upgrade to club level.

IMG_3143.JPG IMG_3144.JPG
Wait-What! When I stayed at Sugarloaf in April 2016, they didn’t have Mickey waffles. Has something changed in Sugarloaf for food offerings. I am going to be there 2019 and would love to upgrade to club level.
They had them in January in sl and in dec RPC. They are only out some mornings but not all.

Here my pix I posted previously of the set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter