Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by k&a&c'smom, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Maxie86

Maxie86 DIS Veteran

There is no indoor route to GG. You have to go outside, but there is a covered porch that goes alone the back of the main building, if it's raining you can stay dry.

2. CarolynFH

CarolynFH DIS Veteran

Thanks! Glad there’s a way to stay dry!

Maxie86 and BlueSkies like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. BlueSkies

BlueSkies ~GF Gal.....

Wishes :hug: So good to see you too my friend! When is the next GF trip planned for??

And a big hello to you too!! Hope all is well..:goodvibes

~Wanted to mention that even tho we have a late spring trip planned..we have had no communication with regards to the beach pool refurb...I double checked today...so maybe they really are planning on being done in the early spring...:thumbsup2..sure hope so...I much prefer the courtyard pool...and I'm thinking it might end up being very busy there...:confused3...

Happy Saturday GF friends! princess:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  5. grannyminnie

grannyminnie DIS Veteran

Hi Blue (and Wishes too!). Everything's fine....just don't post as often. I've missed seeing you post tho, when I pop in.
    So you have a late spring trip planned? All at the Grand? I booked a bounceback for early May but not sure we'll keep it. My sister may want to wait a bit, so I may move it.

6. Fantasia79

Fantasia79 DIS Veteran

Gasparalla Grill is 24 hours. You can get something there without huge charges.

7. Fantasia79

Fantasia79 DIS Veteran

Gotta walk outside. Most if not all of the way there is covered. Great for breakfast

CarolynFH likes this.
  8. chiisai

chiisai i am satisfied with my care

What GF ADRs are you making? I'm eating at the cafe, but wondering what you all are doing...

9. CarolynFH

CarolynFH DIS Veteran

Checked into the Villas today. Gorgeous! I know now we’ll be trying to stretch our BWV points to stay here again someday!

10. Fantasia79

Fantasia79 DIS Veteran

Going to try dinner at 1900 Park Fare on upcoming trip

Sue M likes this.
  11. Childs1stTime2Disney

Childs1stTime2Disney Mouseketeer

Is there a small freezer compartment in the garden view rooms fridge? I have to bring a medication that I need to freeze an ice pack for to bring to the parks.

Also, has anyone here gotten a crib from GF? Any pics? What are they like? I cant imagine my one year old sleeping in a pack and play for a week.

12. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

I think Trishadono posted a pic of a crib she saw in the hall being delivered. I don’t recall the room fridges having a freezer compartment. But if you go to the front desk I believe they have arrange to have your pack frozen.

13. pepperandchips

pepperandchips [melinda]

We have grown to love doing more meals "on the fly" but find ourselves returning over and over again to Citricos (or Mizners during Citricos hours) to enjoy a light dinner made from their appetizers and that chocolate banana dessert :cloud9: it's nice to not need ADRs for that!

The Villas are what got me hooked back on Disney as an adult. They are just sumptuous! Especially the 1 bedroom and up... I wish my kitchen at home was that nice! Or my bathroom... or, okay, can I just move in at the Grand?

14. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

CarolynFH likes this.
  15. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

We check in Sept and I cannot wait!!!!

mickeynut1, Sue M and CarolynFH like this.
  16. Lisann

Lisann Thank you, Walt.

I just read the other day, on one of those re-sale sites, that there are going to be perks (some) again, even if you didn't purchase from Disney direct. You have to purchase at least 75 points to get some of the perks. This is a new thing, and I don't know when it will go into effect. Not sure if I'm allowed to say the DVC resale sight's name, but just thought I would pass on this information.

bluejasmine, Sue M and Livelovedance like this.
  17. mrsap

mrsap Families that Disney together, stay together!

You might have misread.

You are now required to maintain a minimum of 75 DIRECT Points in order to receive the perks.

You can check out this thread. This was just announced this morning...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/e...mbership-extras.3663779/page-14#post-58810456

dansdad and Livelovedance like this.
  18. Lisann

Lisann Thank you, Walt.

mrsap likes this.
  19. mrsap

mrsap Families that Disney together, stay together!

No problem! Happy to help!

20. kungaloosh22

kungaloosh22 DIS Veteran

I love that dessert! We don't usually order dessert, but make an exception here. I didn't know we can get it at Mizners, so thanks for posting this.

Agree! "Sumptuous" is the appropriate word. I also want that bed at home, though it makes it hard to get up in the morning.

trishadono, pepperandchips and Lisann like this.
  21. Childs1stTime2Disney

Childs1stTime2Disney Mouseketeer

Can anyone else confirm if the refrigerators have a small freezer compartment at the top?