(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jp got chocolates 1 out of 3 nights . I didn’t get any!

I would have asked for early room service but our hall was tiny and I would watch maid cone towards me . I still don’t know why they kept skipping our room until we showed up?

I agree hope it settles soon.
:scared::sad: No chocolates that’s awful. That is strange about skipping your room. Esp at RPC. With a 2 week stay it sounds like I should request early room service right at check in. I really don’t want to deal with this. Ugh.

We just returned last week and the pool was definitely closed the entire trip- we are headed back in May and cant find any information on how long this is expected to take! I read back about 15 pages and cant find any info (nor have I received any letter) on the pool being closed in May- does anyone know the expected time for refurb??

We just returned last week and the pool was definitely closed the entire trip- we are headed back in May and cant find any information on how long this is expected to take! I read back about 15 pages and cant find any info (nor have I received any letter) on the pool being closed in May- does anyone know the expected time for refurb??
There will not be a date. There will be estimates or guesses. :confused:

The pool is open when we see people swimming in it.

It has just been spring which is better than summer but still vague.:(

RPC was December. This trip was SL fyi.

We had turn down everynight at RPC::yes::

We are going to California Grill for brunch on Sunday

Hope you enjoyed California Grill brunch. We did it in November and I loved it. But I don't think anything can go wrong at CA Grill! Our service is always exceptional there! So the mimosas were definitely flowing! It was a nice reward for running 13 miles! ;)

Hello! Question about the club level lounges: If our reservation is for the Outer building Club Level (Sugarloaf building), can we still go to the Club Lounge in the main building too? I heard the food selections are the same, i just wanted try the atmosphere. TIA!

Hello! Question about the club level lounges: If our reservation is for the Outer building Club Level (Sugarloaf building), can we still go to the Club Lounge in the main building too? I heard the food selections are the same, i just wanted try the atmosphere. TIA!
I think some of the suites in the outer buildings have access to both SL and RPC lounges (I know they used to) but if you are staying in a standard CL room in SL, you will only have access to that lounge.

Disney's Grand Floridian - The Beach Pool and the Pool Bar and Grill will be closed 1/2/2018- Spring 2018. The Courtyard Pool and Pool Bar will be open. The Play area at the Beach Pool will be open along with the beverage station at the Beach Pool.

We are

We have a trip planned for mid April, I’ve called a quite a few times. The first couple times they gave a date in April, I think it was April 6th. Now they say spring. So fingers crossed they will be done in early April. Any thoughts on what they are doing?

Hi guys! I just wanted to share we are officially VGF owners! We just closed on Friday! We just loved GF and everything it had to offer when we went in November. Looking forward to hopefully meeting more of you on future trips, as well as planning them together here!

Hi guys! I just wanted to share we are officially VGF owners! We just closed on Friday! We just loved GF and everything it had to offer when we went in November. Looking forward to hopefully meeting more of you on future trips, as well as planning them together here!
Contrats!

We stayed in a lake view 2br once and I loved it!

Congrats on the DVC purchase! Have fun planning lots of magical trips :wizard:.

Contrats!

We stayed in a lake view 2br once and I loved it!
Congratulations!!!

Quick question: Did you purchase direct from Disney, or from a reseller? I’ve been very lightly looking into information, and I’ve heard sometimes choices are limited purchasing direct.

Congratulations!!!

Quick question: Did you purchase direct from Disney, or from a reseller? I’ve been very lightly looking into information, and I’ve heard sometimes choices are limited purchasing direct.

We did both... we purchased Copper Creek direct and VGF resale (tried VGF direct but there was a long waitlist). Depending on what resort you’re looking at, there might be a waitlist to get points if you’re looking to go direct.

Direct is great because you literally give them your credit card and points are in your account next day. Also, you get all the extra perks (discounts, special events, etc.)

With resale, it’s been a little over a month now. Definitely a slow process. Just a note, as of January 17th, all the direct prices went up, so that’s another factor you want to keep in mind. Also, you do not receive any perks with resale.

Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter