(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have info about what the GF did for Christmas Eve last year? I believe I heard that in the past Mickey & Minnie have been in the lobby? I am trying to figure out our plans for that evening.

Thank you!

First time at GF in 10 days! Very excited! This resort has been on my bucket list for a long time. Got a good AP rate. We have a split stay this coming trip and was considering combining the 3 nights with the 2 nights we have at WL but DH nixed that idea. He's been wanting to stay here more than I have.

Transportation time ???'s from GF

If taking the boat to MK how long is the trip and does it stop at Poly 1'st?

If taking monorail how long does it take to get to MK and does it stop at Poly 1'st?

If taking bus to MK how long does it take and does it stop at Poly 1'st?

Also does anyone know the location of the boat launch from MK to Fort Wilderness and how long it takes to get there?

Just curious as to how long it will take to get from GF to FW? I'm really hoping it's not going to take the 2 hours that is recommended to leave when going from resort to resort.

Transportation time ???'s from GF

If taking the boat to MK how long is the trip and does it stop at Poly 1'st?

If taking monorail how long does it take to get to MK and does it stop at Poly 1'st?

If taking bus to MK how long does it take and does it stop at Poly 1'st?

Also does anyone know the location of the boat launch from MK to Fort Wilderness and how long it takes to get there?

Just curious as to how long it will take to get from GF to FW? I'm really hoping it's not going to take the 2 hours that is recommended to leave when going from resort to resort.

To MK Via Boat - Goes from GF to Poly to MK. Hard to say how long the trip will take given the variability of the wait time for the boat, but budget 15-30ish minutes (I am spit balling that a bit). If the GF boat is picking up right when you get there, it’ll be on the shorter end of that range. FYI, you’ll go through security when you get off the boat at MK.

To MK Via Monorail - The resort monorail goes in a clockwise rotation around the 7 Seas Lagoon. GF-MK-CR-TTC-Poly-GF, etc, etc. The trip from GF to MK is extremely quick - a minute or two max. FYI, you’ll go through security at GF before getting on the monorail.

There is no bus to MK if the monorail is running. If this does happen, it’s going to be a bit of a cluster, could stop at any MK resort, likely lots of people, etc. This kind of stuff happens, but is somewhat rare. Probably impossible to peg an accurate time.

The FW resort launch is just a few steps away from where the GF resort launch drops off. To get to FW, here’s what I would do:

Option 1
- Resort monorail to MK, boat from MK to FW

Option 2
- Resort monoral to CR, boat from CR to FW

Neither of the above ‘should’ take you 2 hours... more like 30-45 minutes... maybe 60 to be safe. This assumes no major delays or waits. If you have any bad weather, monorail delays, or similar event that creates congestion/crowds, that could be a different story.

Probably some other ways to answer your question but that’s what comes to top of my mind. Hope that helps.

THX GADisneydad that is kinda what I thought. Just needed some folks with experience to confirm.
So glad that I asked this though I had no idea that there were no busses to MK unless monorail was down.
There are busses to the other parks though, right? What are their loops is GF last pickup?

THX GADisneydad that is kinda what I thought. Just needed some folks with experience to confirm.
So glad that I asked this though I had no idea that there were no busses to MK unless monorail was down.
There are busses to the other parks though, right? What are their loops is GF last pickup?

No busses to Epcot so long as the monorail is running. There are busses to HS, AK, and DS. The no bus to Epcot thing is one of the more unfortunate parts of staying at GF (for me at least) because of the time it takes on the monorail resort line then transferring to the Epcot line. It’s not the end of the world, but to me it makes Epcot feel more “removed” when I’m at GF. We have often used taxi or uber to get to Epcot either coming or going just to cut down on some of the travel time.

GF and Poly usually share a bus. Most busses picking up at the GF will have already picked up at Poly first. From parks to resort, they stop at Poly first, then GF. This can change during certain situations but that is almost always the arrangement.

We took the bus to AK when we were there in December. It picked up at Poly first, then GF then to AK. The ride from GF to AK was much faster than I thought it would be. It only took about 15 minutes or less. The return trip stops at the Poly before going to GF and took more time because of the Poly stop.

Oh my goodness!

Life has been so very crazy! I just was going over my week with my hubby and as I was rattling on he interrupts me and says “you know we leave next week” I was like No, the following week? WAIT WHAT?? It is next week. :jumping1:
Oh happiness party:

I cannot wait to expierence the GF for the first time and just be back at Disney!

I guess I better get thinking about packing! :eek: We are not uber planners as you can see! I have a few dining reservations and we have MNSSHP tickets but other than that we just go with it!

I was thinking of a few things that I wanted to bounce off the veterans. One is the afternoon tea with my daughter. Hubby likes to siesta in the afternoons so I thought we would do that together. She is actually the one who brought it up. Any thoughts?

Two, I’m also trying to think of something special to do for arrival day like have Disney Florist deliver something? Any thoughts?

Finally, Amazon now. Anyone had water, beverages delivered? I’m on the fence. I may just buy a case of water at the resort.

Can’t wait until NEXT WEEK!! Silly me :rolleyes1

First time at GF in 10 days! Very excited! This resort has been on my bucket list for a long time. Got a good AP rate. We have a split stay this coming trip and was considering combining the 3 nights with the 2 nights we have at WL but DH nixed that idea. He's been wanting to stay here more than I have.

Both the GF and WL are awesome resorts! Have a great trip! :yay: :yay:

Oh my goodness!

Life has been so very crazy! I just was going over my week with my hubby and as I was rattling on he interrupts me and says “you know we leave next week” I was like No, the following week? WAIT WHAT?? It is next week. :jumping1:
Oh happiness party:

I cannot wait to expierence the GF for the first time and just be back at Disney!

How exciting! Have a great time! :cool1::banana:

I was thinking of a few things that I wanted to bounce off the veterans. One is the afternoon tea with my daughter. Hubby likes to siesta in the afternoons so I thought we would do that together. She is actually the one who brought it up. Any thoughts?

I think the afternoon tea for you & your DD while your hubby is napping is a great idea :).

Two, I’m also trying to think of something special to do for arrival day like have Disney Florist deliver something? Any thoughts?

I think Disney Florist has some great gift baskets/ideas. Keep in mind that it could be delivered to the resort early in the day, but most likely won't be put in your room until after you check in as assigned rooms sometime change last minute.

Finally, Amazon now. Anyone had water, beverages delivered? I’m on the fence. I may just buy a case of water at the resort.

I think a case of water costs about $6-7 (hopefully others will confirm that or correct me if I'm wrong). If it were me, I'd probably just buy it at the resort (just my preference).

We buy cases of water at the resorts, although they did recently change the type/pricing across property. $3.99 for an 8-pack of 12-oz bottles. Plus don't forget the AP discount if it applies to you. :thumbsup2

This pic is from last month at CR, but to my understanding all the resorts have the same thing now.
IMG_5451.JPG

• What kind of coffee pods does the cuisinart coffee makers use if you want to bring your own coffee? Really need a good cup of coffee as soon as I wake up. If I remember correctly Disney's in room coffee isn't that great.

I just received an email telling us that the Beach pool at the GF would be closed during our 3/24-31/18 stay. My grandchildren were looking forward to the pool slide. I was wondering if they would let us use the Polynesian pool even though the courtyard pool is open. Not very happy about this as I know it is a busy time of year.

• What kind of coffee pods does the cuisinart coffee makers use if you want to bring your own coffee? Really need a good cup of coffee as soon as I wake up. If I remember correctly Disney's in room coffee isn't that great.
I Googled "Cuisinart single serve coffee makers" and the ones that came up take K-cups. So it sounds like no matter which band coffee maker they have in the rooms you can use the same coffee pods.

I just received an email telling us that the Beach pool at the GF would be closed during our 3/24-31/18 stay. My grandchildren were looking forward to the pool slide. I was wondering if they would let us use the Polynesian pool even though the courtyard pool is open. Not very happy about this as I know it is a busy time of year.
We are still waiting to hear back about this as we emailed them to find out what we could do, as the children were excited about using the pool wth the slide. I will keep you posted if they say anything.

This pool refurb sure does seem like something major given the dates that appear to be involved!

I emailed our TA to see if she knew anything about the pool closure. I’m seriously thinking about changing resorts.

On the coffee maker discussion above, I had a Keurig in my room in April. I was in Sugar Loaf which is CL, but I am under the impression these are in all of the GF rooms (could be wrong about that though).

See pic:
Coffee Maker.JPG

THIS PIC IS FROM CR but is a better view of the Keurig. It was the same as what was in the GF room.
4.JPG

On the coffee maker discussion above, I had a Keurig in my room in April. I was in Sugar Loaf which is CL, but I am under the impression these are in all of the GF rooms (could be wrong about that though).

THIS PIC IS FROM CR but is a better view of the Keurig. It was the same as what was in the GF room.
View attachment 277692

Is CL Club Level? If so, that might be where the confusion is coming from. When I called the GF I specifically asked about standard rooms and was told Cuisinart. Either way, they both take K-cups so it's all good. I'll bring my own from home. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!