Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by k&a&c'smom, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

As far as I know they have sent emails to the resort guests who will be affected by the pool closure, which includes us at the end of November. I have no idea what they have planned but I will be more than happy to ask them in November about it. :) I know that the resorts are adding fences to their pools, so maybe that is what they are doing. But the email did not explain why the pool was closed or an end date for the closure.

GADisneyDad14 likes this.
  2. GADisneyDad14

GADisneyDad14 DIS Veteran

Although just FYI, the GF feature pool already has a fence around it.

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

-->

to hide this advert.
  4. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

I didn't know that. Thanks. ;)

5. GADisneyDad14

GADisneyDad14 DIS Veteran

Yeah, I’m not sure when they were added. The fence isn’t there in my Feb 2016 pics, but is in my April 2017 pics, so sometime in that time frame! :-)

6. sndral

sndral DIS Veteran

I don't have a pix, but my room on the 'other' side of Sago overlooked a bit of lawn, a sliver of water from the lagoon/lake and the monorail track on the far side of the water. I really enjoyed sitting on my balcony w/ my coffee and watching the monorails glide by in the a.m.. I also really like how close Sago was to Gasparilla's and the main lobby. It was quite magic to be returning from a non MK park and just as I was walking by Gaspy's the Wishes fireworks w/ music started, it was so lovely to end the day that way. I'd stay in Sago again in a heartbeat, but now own DVC @ VGF, so am destined for stays in the DVC building instead.

kungaloosh22 likes this.
  7. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

That might explain why I didn't know it was there. The last time we stayed at the GF was December 2016. :) Thanks for checking on that. :thumbsup2

8. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

Can you get to the park buses from Sago Cay without walking through the lobby?

9. sndral

sndral DIS Veteran

trishadono and Wood Nymph like this.
  10. FatherForce

FatherForce Mouseketeer

We're there 11/12-18 and haven't gotten any pool closure emails or info.

11. Maxie86

Maxie86 DIS Veteran

Yes you can. There is a short cut to the bus stop near the convention center.

12. kungaloosh22

kungaloosh22 DIS Veteran

I love these rooms! I think they're my favorite garden view rooms... so peaceful and pretty. I'm also now in the DVC building instead, but have good memories of Sago Cay.

trishadono likes this.
  13. Lovetherodent

Lovetherodent Sleep Is For The Weak!

Looks like I'm going back to the GF as that was the best deal on a monorail resort (one child gets horrible motion sickness and can't do "bus only" transportation). We'll be traveling spring break for a celebration of the youngest's graduation from college the following month.

trishadono, mickeynut1 and Wood Nymph like this.
  14. meghanb133

meghanb133 Earning My Ears

Does anyone know the price of Grand Floridian valet parking?

I have breakfast reservations at 9:50am and want to just take the monorail to MK if possible just for convenience. I am an AP so it's not the cost of parking it's just inconvenience of going from place to place wth small kids. In the many times I have been there I have never heard of a time limit on parking but I have also never gone to MK after and don't want to chance my car not being there.

Thanks in advance for answering!!

15. CarolynFH

CarolynFH DIS Veteran

Unless it recently changed, valet is $25 + tip at all WDW resorts.

trishadono likes this.
  16. likesdisney

likesdisney Mouseketeer

When does the gingerbread house usually go up? I am assuming that November 12 & 13 probably too soon to expect it there?

17. MaggiesMomNJ

MaggiesMomNJ DIS Veteran

This Disney visa rewards thing has been crazy ... we originally had a split stay with part of the trip at grand Floridian and the other part at akl cl but we realized that we could get the entire nine nights at GF garden view for the exact same price so that is what we are now doing.

I'm just reading now about the construction ...I hope that's not going to affect us. Our dates are February 2 to February 11 in the outer buildings and not in the Villas.

18. Mikeb1892

Mikeb1892 Mouseketeer

Can anyone that is at GF now comment on the cabanas at the pool? Are they still there or have them been replaced with oversized round couches? Any details/photos would be appreciated.

19. WishesQueen

WishesQueen DIS Veteran

Morning!!

Here now and no cabanas, round couches. They took them down for Irma and they said nothing is going up until the referb. It looks so strange.

GADisneyDad14 and mickeynut1 like this.
  20. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the update. Hope you're having a good time :goodvibes.

WishesQueen likes this.
  21. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

I have been to wdw in november many times. They start building the GH early/mid november. It may take a week or so to complete. Then sometime after that they announce it is open. That really means the store inside. However to just see it its in the lobby so doesn't have to "be open" .

Last year was a little later than other years I think . I have seen it that early many times but there is no set actual date for them to start building.