(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You most likely will. When visiting the GF for a meal, shopping, etc we used to feel like we were at Grandma's house and had to be on our best behavior. But within the 1st hour of checking in we felt like we were at home and could relax and let loose. We have a totally different opinion of it now.

I have to agree with this! I used to get a "stuffy" vibe, and even though I'd visit for dining, didn't want to stay there very much. But once we finally did stay, I felt much more relaxed there. It's not my most favorite resort simply because I prefer the themes of a few other resorts more. But I love it and it's definitely one of my favorites, with top-notch dining, rooms, villas, beds, and room views. We just passed Right of First Refusal on a Grand Floridian DVC contract, so will be calling it "home" soon!

Hi all! I know this has probably been asked before so sorry for the repeat. Anyway, we will be attending a conference in November and I'm pretty sure they usually put you in Sago Bay? We will be checking in several days before the conference dates to enjoy Disney and the GF. Is this a good building to be put in ? I would love to have somewhat of a decent view other than the monorail tracks. Are corner rooms better to request? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any other buildings a good request and why? Thanks so much!!

Hi all! I know this has probably been asked before so sorry for the repeat. Anyway, we will be attending a conference in November and I'm pretty sure they usually put you in Sago Bay? We will be checking in several days before the conference dates to enjoy Disney and the GF. Is this a good building to be put in ? I would love to have somewhat of a decent view other than the monorail tracks. Are corner rooms better to request? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any other buildings a good request and why? Thanks so much!!
You could request a marina view if you want a nice view. :)

I agree with Wood Nymph. Just ask for a marina view. As I have mentioned previously, this building is a great location given its proximity to Gaspie's and the bus stop. Have a fun trip!

Polynesian is changing view categories it was posted on tikiman if you book a pool/marina view that'll cost you $100 more. Also, it sounds like they are going to charge $35 vs the $25 per adult over 2 in the room. And they are possibly gonna start charging a parking fee of $20 a day if you park at a resort regardless of you are already staying there.

Tikiman on Facebook just posted all this.

I'm guessing the other fees will be added to
The Grand Floridian as well. Not sure if they'll also charge more for view or not. I half wonder if
The parking fee is cause of
You drive you won't be needing
Their new minnie van Uber?

Polynesian is changing view categories it was posted on tikiman if you book a pool/marina view that'll cost you $100 more. Also, it sounds like they are going to charge $35 vs the $25 per adult over 2 in the room. And they are possibly gonna start charging a parking fee of $20 a day if you park at a resort regardless of you are already staying there.

Tikiman on Facebook just posted all this.

I'm guessing the other fees will be added to
The Grand Floridian as well. Not sure if they'll also charge more for view or not. I half wonder if
The parking fee is cause of
You drive you won't be needing
Their new minnie van Uber?

I read this too. It can't be long before they do this to GF :sad2: makes me so sad. $100/day extra for a pool or marina view is ridiculous. Our stays are usually 14 days so that would be a considerable upcharge. And there really aren't that many rooms at GF that don't look out at the marina or pool. Pretty soon WDW will charge you if your room looks out at a water fountain!
I don't think the parking charge is related to their Minnie Van. Just one more cash grab. And the Minnie van is most like cab fee rather than Uber. I thought they'd be competing with Uber, but pricing is more like taxi price.

I can't imagine GF charging more than the already ridiculously high room rates for a water view room. Like a pp mentioned, most garden view rooms already have a view of water at GF. If anything, they should charge less than the current rates for a "standard view" that has no water view. By those standards, the dreaded pool house view would technically be water view because you can still see part of the pool.:sad2: I LOVE the GF but......for our family, I could not justify staying at GF without the huge discounts we have been able to procure and raising the rates even more would definitely put a wrench in our future WDW plans.

I would not be surprised to see GF (and all the resorts for that matter) begin to charge for parking. They really want people to use onsite transportation. We never drive at WDW so it would not affect us. But for those who drive, I can see this being a real wallet suck.

Woo hoo! We're down to 22 days until our all family GF vacation. Just checking in to keep the thread on page 1.

Does the Courtyard Pool stay open late? Wondering about swimming at night

Thanks

Woo hoo! We're down to 22 days until our all family GF vacation. Just checking in to keep the thread on page 1.

Thanks
The Courtyard usually stays open until about 10pm. Just remember, there is no lifeguard on duty at this pool.

It's very nice to come home after a hot day in the parks and cool off in the relaxed evening hours. There is less chance of thunder storms chasing you indoors and no chance of sunburn then, either!

BlueSkies alerted me to this new children's activity! She described it thusly: the "Princess Promenade"..which occurs daily at 3:30..with a meet up about 15 minutes prior at M.Mouse Mercantile....it's a procession down the Grand staircase and then waltzing in the lobby alongside Cinderella...sounds lovely... I agree, my friend! :lovestruc

Link to the DIS description page with a photo, attributed to another site:

The Grand Floridian Resort & Spa at Walt Disney World has added a special experience, the Princess Promenade, for their guests. Every day at 3:30, Cinderella and Prince Charming will descend the Grand staircase and proceed to the lobby. They will dance together and guests are welcome to join in.

The event is billed as a “Grand Floridian Magical Moment” and says it is featuring “Disney Royalty,” so there is no guarantee which royal couple will be there each day.
We would like to visit the GF to participate in the Princess Promenade however we are staying at CBR. Will they allow us to park at the GF?

We would like to visit the GF to participate in the Princess Promenade however we are staying at CBR. Will they allow us to park at the GF?
They would not let you park for Princess Promenade. Your best bet would be to take a bus to MK and then the monorail to GF. Or you could park at TTC and then monorail to GF.

However, if you really need to park at GF, I would consider a dining reservation at Grand Floridian Cafe or at 1900 Park Faire, which is a character meal. THey generally let you park if you have a dining reservation.

I am starting my tip list for vacation so that I am prepared with the correct amount of $$ denominations (I know....a little over planning but it works out great!) and I am stumped on one item. We are going to TL for the first time on this trip and have rented a beachshack for that day. Should we tip the attendant for each task or at the end of the day?

We are also using Uber/ Lyft or the new Minnie Van (if available) for our trip to/from TL as we do not want to waste time doing the bus switch to get there. Does anyone have experience with these methods from the GF? Do they all pick up/drop off out front under the portico just like the taxi cabs?

Has anyone ever felt like GF was too fufu? Does it have an "air" about it or does staying there "feel" like any other deluxe?

Like a few others, we had this feeling every time we visited the GF for dining, shopping, etc and never had the desire to stay there. With that said, I had the opportunity to take a girls trip and the GF was the majority resort choice. I have to say that after staying there my view totally changed as I fell in love with the resort. The GF isn't my favorite, but it runs a very close second. I'm glad I took the chance to stay there because it gave me a chance to experience the resort in a different way and showed me that actually staying at a resort is totally different than just visiting/walking around for a short time :).

Eek! I am not on my best behaviour! I am on holiday (OK, still reasonably behaved, but, you know what I mean) I hope we will enjoy it!

I'm sure you will ::yes::.

You most likely will. When visiting the GF for a meal, shopping, etc we used to feel like we were at Grandma's house and had to be on our best behavior. But within the 1st hour of checking in we felt like we were at home and could relax and let loose. We have a totally different opinion of it now.

My thoughts exactly ;).

I have to agree with this! I used to get a "stuffy" vibe, and even though I'd visit for dining, didn't want to stay there very much. But once we finally did stay, I felt much more relaxed there. It's not my most favorite resort simply because I prefer the themes of a few other resorts more. But I love it and it's definitely one of my favorites, with top-notch dining, rooms, villas, beds, and room views. We just passed Right of First Refusal on a Grand Floridian DVC contract, so will be calling it "home" soon!

:thumbsup2

Congrats on your DVC purchase :wizard:.

Woo hoo! We're down to 22 days until our all family GF vacation.

Have a great trip! :yay:

We're at 25 days til check in at the Grand!!:love:
My husband laughs at me... When I update our countdown (we have blocks on the mantle), I have to go over & smell my Eucalyptus Rain candle. Takes me right to the GF :)

Have a great time! :cool1:

So that's really good I take it? I would've thought with a name like that it would be at the Polynesian lol side note: my first cocktail was a Pinacolada in Key West.[/QUOTE
The Pina co-lava is served at most bars in WDW Resorts and Parks! Funny thing, last November I was in Key West and had them make me a Pina Co-Lava and they liked it so much, they put it on there daily menu as the "drink of the day..."

Thanks
The Courtyard Pool officially closes at 10pm, but they allow you in it almost as late as you like. There is no MagicBand entry, anyone could unfortunately walk on in. I just got back from our recent trip a few days ago and people were loud and swimming as late as 2am.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter