(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
WishnDisney - Did you receive any "good night" cards at turn down service? They use to have them in the past. Just wondering if this is still happening or if it is another lost "perk" at the GF.
No good night cards. And we didn't get turn down service last night, but we had it tonight. Not sure how we missed last night. We were out from 7 am until 11 pm. Oh well. I just love this place. And I know understand the "smell"!

No good night cards. And we didn't get turn down service last night, but we had it tonight. Not sure how we missed last night. We were out from 7 am until 11 pm. Oh well. I just love this place. And I know understand the "smell"!
Nothing nicer than coming home from the Parks to find yourself enveloped in the GF aroma. *sniff* *sniff* Aahh! That's lovely!

Okay, it's time for 'remember when' ...
GFWall.jpg

Ah.....turn down service.... I just love coming in to the room all tidy and restocked, low lighting, covers turned down with chocolates on the pillow...:love:

Getting excited being under the 60 day mark now. ADRs completed. FPs all complete. Magicband choices made. Gardengrocer order submitted. Next item will be paying the travel agency for hotel and tix. Can someone remind me, when do they mail the magical express tags?

We were at the Grand Floridian this past April and I thoroughly enjoyed a drink (Black Cherry Lemonade) while at the Beaches Pool Bar & Grill! I have the ingredients, but I've been unsuccessful in my attempts to recreate it here at home! I've searched the web, and my DH even called trying to speak to someone at the Pool Bar lol but without success! If anyone is there, and they think of it, can you ask the Beaches Pool Bar & Grill bartender how they break the drink down? I'd love to make it my Summer 2017 cocktail! Thank you!!!

Grand Floridian newbie here... I've stayed at the Beach Club over 20 times, but I'll be staying at the GF for the first time at the end of April 2018 for 2 nights before my Disney Wedding. I'm booking outer building garden view connecting rooms (I know it's not guaranteed) for the night before the wedding so we can get ready in the morning without seeing each other.

Is there a specific building that has connecting garden view rooms or are they pretty spread out? I've clicked on probably at least 50 rooms in all the buildings on the Touring Plans room view and none of the rooms have been noted as connecting. Is this just a mistake?

Also welcoming any advice on room location requests because I am clueless about the GF!! Should I request a specific building or just leave my only request as Connecting rooms?

Thanks in advance!!

Grand Floridian newbie here... I've stayed at the Beach Club over 20 times, but I'll be staying at the GF for the first time at the end of April 2018 for 2 nights before my Disney Wedding. I'm booking outer building garden view connecting rooms (I know it's not guaranteed) for the night before the wedding so we can get ready in the morning without seeing each other.

Is there a specific building that has connecting garden view rooms or are they pretty spread out?

They are spread out.

I've clicked on probably at least 50 rooms in all the buildings on the Touring Plans room view and none of the rooms have been noted as connecting. Is this just a mistake?

It's a mistake. As you are finding out, Touring Plans can be extremely inaccurate when it comes to room type, room amenities and views.

Also welcoming any advice on room location requests because I am clueless about the GF!! Should I request a specific building or just leave my only request as Connecting rooms?

Thanks in advance!!

I would leave your only request as Connecting rooms. IMHO, there isn't a bad location at The Grand. Hope you have a Magical WDW Wedding!

They are spread out.

It's a mistake. As you are finding out, Touring Plans can be extremely inaccurate when it comes to room type, room amenities and views.

I would leave your only request as Connecting rooms. IMHO, there isn't a bad location at The Grand. Hope you have a Magical WDW Wedding!

Thank you so much for your help!!

What type of room has the garden tub? That would make my trip much more enjoyable!
So sorry I'm just now replying to this! Life got busy! Anyway, I was in a deluxe (queen) room in the main building. Only two of the six deluxe (queen) rooms have the garden tub. I think all of the deluxe king rooms in the main building have a garden tub, but I'm not positive because I've only stayed in the deluxe king turret rooms. I'm not sure whether or not any of the deluxe rooms in the outer buildings have garden tubs, but maybe someone else knows?? I would assume the suites at GF would have them, but I've never stayed in one of those either. I love having a garden tub, but I think that your trip will be wonderful without it too (if you don't end up with one) because I've stayed in standard rooms and still had an amazing trip!

I am trying to find out, where do the boats go from GF?
We are staying there in December and have been warned that, even though we thought we were getting a good transport thing with the monorail, there may be problems, so, what else is available out of GF? I know boats go to MK, but do they go to the other monorail loop resorts direct from GF? Anywhere else?
I also assume there are buses?

Thank you in advance!

I love having a garden tub, but I think that your trip will be wonderful without it too
What exactly is a garden tub? Is it an extra big bathtub?

We are staying there in December and have been warned that, even though we thought we were getting a good transport thing with the monorail, there may be problems, so, what else is available out of GF? I know boats go to MK, but do they go to the other monorail loop resorts direct from GF? Anywhere else?

Thank you in advance!
There is only the one boat. It goes from GF to Poly to MK. The return trip from MK stops at GF first, then Poly. When we were at GF in December they had a boat taxi service. For $20 they would take your travel party, up to six people I think, to any resort on the lakes. We took it to Fort Wilderness and enjoyed the boat ride very much. I saw the water taxi listed on the activity schedule at the quiet pool. We really enjoyed our private ride. :)

They have buses to DHS and AK. You have to take two monorails to get to Epcot - the resort monorail to TTC then the Epcot monorail.

Thank you in advance!

In addition to @Wood Nymph's excellent post, I'd add that I don't think there's really a need to be too worried about the monorail. While it does occasionally experience delays, goes down, etc (and once in awhile you'll read a bad story or two around here), by and large it's a relatively reliable mode of transportation overall. We're heavy monorail users (sometimes ride it just to ride it) and I can't really think of a single instance in the last 2 years where we had any material delay or it interfered with our trip in any way.

Someone will come along and have an opposite perspective than me I'm sure, but just wanted to say I don't think you should be too concerned. One of the reasons I'm OK with paying MK monorail resort prices IS the monorail! :-)

FWIW, monorail hours have been trending more steady/consistent as of late as well, which wasn't necessarily the case the last few years when hours were a bit all over the place and not always convenient relative to park opening times.

We were at the Grand Floridian this past April and I thoroughly enjoyed a drink (Black Cherry Lemonade) while at the Beaches Pool Bar & Grill! I have the ingredients, but I've been unsuccessful in my attempts to recreate it here at home! I've searched the web, and my DH even called trying to speak to someone at the Pool Bar lol but without success! If anyone is there, and they think of it, can you ask the Beaches Pool Bar & Grill bartender how they break the drink down? I'd love to make it my Summer 2017 cocktail! Thank you!!!

I really hope someone responds with the recipe because it sounds delicious!!! I will have to try that in August if it is gluten free :flower:

Thank you in advance!

You have already gotten a few great responses but I will add a little more.... We never stress about transportation from the GF. We have never had more than a 10-15 minute delay while on the monorail(Epcot line) and if the monorail is down for maintenance, they add park buses that are usually shared with Poly. We also found that when the monorail was down for maintenance, they added a bus to loop the monorail resorts for dining, shopping.

For variety, we love the boats. For MK, you hop on the boat, it stops at Poly and then goes to MK. If you want to go to CR, WL, or FW via boat, you can transfer at the MK boat launch. I will advise this can be really simple or you can just miss the boat at MK so if traveling this route to eat dinner at WL or FW, allow plenty of time.:sail:

I got it today! It's yummy. Will post the recipe in a bit!

Thank you all so much! We LOVE the monorail, so I am happy to her not to be too worried! Also, glad to hear there are contingencies and such.

Thank you again.

Thank you in advance!
One caution, the resort monorail tends to be jammed at MK park closing as they herd all of the TTC parkers on to both monorails to clear the park - the line moves pretty fast, but if you're like me and not terribly fond of huge crowds in a rush to get to their cars, don't leave the MK right at closing or right after the fireworks show - go early or go late or take the boat.

Thank you again. We are hoping to stay and see the fireworks one night, but, having a 4yr old, a child with ASD, and a husband with Leukaemia, we need to make sure everyone gets enough sleep, so this is a really top tip, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!