(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading through this thread for weeks now (I mean, I didn't start at the very beginning, cause that would have taken more than just a couple of weeks :P) and I'm getting so hyped for our trip with all the pictures and info! :)

We're heading down to Florida in just 14 days, although we're doing a split stay so we're not gonna be checking into the Grand for another 22 days. We're staying SL CL, which is crazy to me. This is actually our first Deluxe stay, as we usually stay values or moderates.

:yay::yay:Woo Hoo!! Loving the activity here!! So exciting to have so much to read!!

This is off topic but I just had to let everyone know that...

MY NEPHEW-IN-LAW IS THE ONE SHOOTING THE FINAL WISHES SHOW TONIGHT!!!

He's on the fireworks team (tech entertainment engineer of some sort), what a great job he has! He just sent me a FB message, and I wished him good luck tonight.

Here's what he said about the new fireworks show..."Disney has knocked it out of the park!"

Woo-hoo!!

How exciting!! I wish I knew someone who worked at Disney, I would love getting some inside scoop!! I am a huge fan of Wishes, I cry each and every time for years, so I am so skeptical of Happily Ever After. I am hoping that like all things Disney it won't let me down!

I've been reading through this thread for weeks now (I mean, I didn't start at the very beginning, cause that would have taken more than just a couple of weeks :P) and I'm getting so hyped for our trip with all the pictures and info! :)

We're heading down to Florida in just 14 days, although we're doing a split stay so we're not gonna be checking into the Grand for another 22 days. We're staying SL CL, which is crazy to me. This is actually our first Deluxe stay, as we usually stay values or moderates.

:wave:Welcome!! So exciting, almost time for the luggage to come out...at least here it would be!!

Been there and done that! Those college dorms (especially the older ones) can be a challenge. Don't miss those days at all!

Too funny...YES, her dorm was one of the 2 original dorms on campus. It is hideous inside. Narrow hallways, no elevators, bathrooms that haven't been touched since the 70s??, small windows, no thermostats, etc. She is very excited because she was able to get into a room in a "newer" dorm that was just remodeled 2 years ago for her sophomore year.

Thanks!

If it were just up to me, the luggage would be out and packed up already!

My wife holds me back til about a week in usually though, so probably next Sunday I'll try to get her to give me the green light ;)

That's funny, I used to take the luggage so early and my family made fun of me. Now I take it out exactly a week before too, and truth be told they still make fun of me but too bad I could never pack with any less time then that!!!

Thanks!

If it were just up to me, the luggage would be out and packed up already!

My wife holds me back til about a week in usually though, so probably next Sunday I'll try to get her to give me the green light ;)

That's funny, I used to take the luggage so early and my family made fun of me. Now I take it out exactly a week before too, and truth be told they still make fun of me but too bad I could never pack with any less time then that!!!

How do you all do that? I mean, I am doing laundry to get ready for the trip up until at LEAST 2 days before our trip :laundy: I start packing the day before. Heck....one year I was working so much that I started packing at 10pm and finished a little after 1am before leaving for the airport that morning. I am in awe of you both :worship: I guess I am more of a lists person. I make lists of items we need to buy for the trip. I make lists of tasks to complete before the trip. AND....I make lists of items to pack for the trip. I feel a sense of accomplishment just writing the lists. :rotfl:

How do you all do that? I mean, I am doing laundry to get ready for the trip up until at LEAST 2 days before our trip :laundy: I start packing the day before. Heck....one year I was working so much that I started packing at 10pm and finished a little after 1am before leaving for the airport that morning. I am in awe of you both :worship: I guess I am more of a lists person. I make lists of items we need to buy for the trip. I make lists of tasks to complete before the trip. AND....I make lists of items to pack for the trip. I feel a sense of accomplishment just writing the lists. :rotfl:
I can't pack until about an hour before we leave for this trip. Our kids don't know my husband and I are slipping away for an anniversary trip. If we told them we would never hear the end of it. So they are going on their annual trip to my in-laws. I drop them off turn around come home and pack and we head for the airport. We will tell them when the youngest turns 30. In the meantime...I need lots of secret lists.

And hey...if anyone knows how I can set up my phone so the youngest can't track me...

I loooove making lists! I already have lists of plans for Disney trips in 2018, 2019 and 2020 XD

But, I typically plan what I'm gonna wear really far in advance (I've known most of my Disney outfits for this coming trip for like, two months) so in the coming weeks I make sure not to wear those clothes.

Also, it's just my wife and I ;) I'm sure once we have to pack for kids as well it'll be a different story

After my DH read on this thread about the Eucalyptus Rain plug in I went & picked it up at Bath and Body. I got the candle too, it's lit now and it definitely smells like the GF!!! I'm so happy it's ridiculous lol
This thread is awesome!
94 days:lovestruc

I love lists too, I am actually making lists now!! My DH is always first, with working during the week, the clothes he packs he doesn't really need. My kids are DS23 and DD20. DS23 doesn't pack anything other then his sneakers the night before..:rotfl:, my DD works for Aerie/American Eagle and she has sooooooo much clothes that she could pack twice and still have clothes to wear :scared1:. If anyone takes anything out of the luggage, I have a list for that too, so when I wash it I know it has to go back in.

I can't pack until about an hour before we leave for this trip. Our kids don't know my husband and I are slipping away for an anniversary trip. If we told them we would never hear the end of it. So they are going on their annual trip to my in-laws. I drop them off turn around come home and pack and we head for the airport. We will tell them when the youngest turns 30. In the meantime...I need lots of secret lists.

And hey...if anyone knows how I can set up my phone so the youngest can't track me...

We had an adult only trip this January, it was amazing!! We haven't been there without kids since my honeymoon!! Have fun!!

I loooove making lists! I already have lists of plans for Disney trips in 2018, 2019 and 2020 XD

But, I typically plan what I'm gonna wear really far in advance (I've known most of my Disney outfits for this coming trip for like, two months) so in the coming weeks I make sure not to wear those clothes.

Also, it's just my wife and I ;) I'm sure once we have to pack for kids as well it'll be a different story

You sound like my DD, she's putting outfits together and making a pile on her chair..:banana:

After my DH read on this thread about the Eucalyptus Rain plug in I went & picked it up at Bath and Body. I got the candle too, it's lit now and it definitely smells like the GF!!! I'm so happy it's ridiculous lol
This thread is awesome!
94 days:lovestruc

OMG!!! There's a candle??? I searched on line and didn't see a candle...I am going today!! Thanks!! BTW glad you like it and I am not crazy:banana:

So I'm staying in one of the outer buildings at GF and I have a reservation at Victoria and Albert's on Saturday night. Looking at the weather its saying its supposed to rain that night. Does anyone know if the restaurant will send a golf cart to pick us up so we can stay dry getting there?

So I'm staying in one of the outer buildings at GF and I have a reservation at Victoria and Albert's on Saturday night. Looking at the weather its saying its supposed to rain that night. Does anyone know if the restaurant will send a golf cart to pick us up so we can stay dry getting there?

I seriously doubt it, but you could always call and ask. I would suggest to invest in a poncho. It is FL and can be sunny one minute and raining the next.

I have gotten picked up a couple of times and I have also gotten a ride back to my building too. Especially because your going to V&A, I couldn't imagine that they would want you wet and uncomfortable.

I would just call before your ready, you might have to wait in your lobby for the pick up.

I have gotten picked up a couple of times and I have also gotten a ride back to my building too. Especially because your going to V&A, I couldn't imagine that they would want you wet and uncomfortable.

I would just call before your ready, you might have to wait in your lobby for the pick up.
Thanks! I will definitely do that. Just my luck, Orlando has been in a drought and the one day it's supposed to rain is on my birthday

Thanks! I will definitely do that. Just my luck, Orlando has been in a drought and the one day it's supposed to rain is on my birthday

I just check the accuweather that Disney sends on the bottom of the last email before you leave. It says 51% chance of rain Saturday but I can't see the hourly yet for you.

With my iPhone I erase the current text conversation.( slide right to left from main text page) It will ask if you want to stop sharing your location with this participant ? Just answer yes.

Mine are 22 and 19 and always teaching me stuff but still so much lol.

Pm me and I can show screen shots if needed.

I have been home for 4 days now and REALLY wish I were back there now. We stayed in Sugarloaf from 5/2-5/11. I miss it! I didn't love SL as much as RPC, but comparing the two really isn't fair, now is it? We were in 6209 and could just see some MK fireworks if we leaned over the edge of the balcony enough. The boat docks were right outside and the view from there was wonderful! We also were treated to "practice" runs of Happily Ever After fireworks a couple of the nights we were there. Food and drink were great and the staff for the most part were very good. Mousekeeping was on point...larger sizes of shampoo/lotion and the coveted foot cream. All and all, we had an awesome time. Sadly, the bounce back offer only went thru the end of 2017, so I wasn't able to book for next year yet. Soon...but not soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter