Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

I just wanted to add a comment about the noise level in Big Pine Key (resort studios), as we just returned home a few days ago. I was worried about the noise since I've heard many complaints. We did a split stay--4 nights at Boulder Ridge in a studio and 3 nights at the GF in the resort studios. We had several different neighbors at BRV during our stay, and we could hear *everything*. It was the noisiest room I've ever stayed in at Disney, to the point that even my son wore earplugs.

On the other hand, I heard nothing in our BPK room, other than some toilets flushing. We were on the fifth floor, just a few doors away from the elevator, and it was very quiet. I just wanted to give some hope to those worried about the noise level!

Any update on construction in the main building? I heard it was supposed to start June 1 but haven't seen any postings on this.. Also any idea of the contruction in July will be in the rooms or the lobby? We will be there July 13-19 and hoping the lobby won't be ripped up too much by then. I would think the lobby refurb would be done by the July 1 anniversary of the GF?
We are staying at Poly now and have been to GF a couple of times, have not seen a single sign of impending construction in the main building.

Any update on construction in the main building? I heard it was supposed to start June 1 but haven't seen any postings on this.. Also any idea of the contruction in July will be in the rooms or the lobby? We will be there July 13-19 and hoping the lobby won't be ripped up too much by then. I would think the lobby refurb would be done by the July 1 anniversary of the GF?
DD is a CM at the GF. They're hearing that last breakfast service at GF RPC will be June 9, with RPC being closed beginning June 10. No idea of lobby timing.

DD is a CM at the GF. They're hearing that last breakfast service at GF RPC will be June 9, with RPC being closed beginning June 10. No idea of lobby timing.
We were in RPC through May 30th and were told by RPC managers that nobody could actually book a stay in RPC past that date (30th of May) but that it was being kept open because they overbooked GF thinking that Sago would be reopened by then. We saw a bunch of lucky people being upgraded on our checkout day! I’m curious to know if anyone was actually able to book an RPC room past the 30th because even the managers thought RPC would be closed for Memorial Day weekend but then rooms were dropped on the Disney site suddenly one night approximately two weeks (maybe less) before our trip and I grabbed a room…so I guess nobody really knows for sure when it will close until it happens lol!

We were in RPC through May 30th and were told by RPC managers that nobody could actually book a stay in RPC past that date (30th of May) but that it was being kept open because they overbooked GF thinking that Sago would be reopened by then. We saw a bunch of lucky people being upgraded on our checkout day! I’m curious to know if anyone was actually able to book an RPC room past the 30th because even the managers thought RPC would be closed for Memorial Day weekend but then rooms were dropped on the Disney site suddenly one night approximately two weeks (maybe less) before our trip and I grabbed a room…so I guess nobody really knows for sure when it will close until it happens lol!
It was originally the 30th, and was then extended, you're right. My DD is working GF RPC morning of the 9th, which she's told is their last service and is deployed to another resort CL on the 10th along w/her co-workers. That's all the information I have.

It was originally the 30th, and was then extended, you're right. My DD is working GF RPC morning of the 9th, which she's told is their last service and is deployed to another resort CL on the 10th along w/her co-workers. That's all the information I have.
I’ll bet I’ve met your DD! I was talking to several of the CMs about where they’re going while RPC is closed. There were some CMs we like who were off over Memorial Day so we weren’t able to ask where they’re going. They didn’t know where they were going a month ago! Wes, the main pianist, said he’ll still be playing the whole time but they may move him around…like over at the side or something. Seems like that’s going to be loud, but I guess it depends on what they’re doing. Like Wes said, they can do a lot overnight (like carpet)! I can’t wait to see it all done, although I’m sure I’ll miss some of it lol! @trishadono’s room was beautiful, so I’m sure I won’t be disappointed!

I’ll bet I’ve met your DD! I was talking to several of the CMs about where they’re going while RPC is closed. There were some CMs we like who were off over Memorial Day so we weren’t able to ask where they’re going. They didn’t know where they were going a month ago! Wes, the main pianist, said he’ll still be playing the whole time but they may move him around…like over at the side or something. Seems like that’s going to be loud, but I guess it depends on what they’re doing. Like Wes said, they can do a lot overnight (like carpet)! I can’t wait to see it all done, although I’m sure I’ll miss some of it lol! @trishadono’s room was beautiful, so I’m sure I won’t be disappointed!
You may have met her, though she did have some time off during Mem Day Weekend (she did a bit of a staycation at GDT CL and enjoyed it). Interesting about Wes, the pianist. I stayed at the renovated BPK during my last visit and have an RPC stay booked for Thanksgiving weekend. Can't wait to see it!

You may have met her, though she did have some time off during Mem Day Weekend (she did a bit of a staycation at GDT CL and enjoyed it). Interesting about Wes, the pianist. I stayed at the renovated BPK during my last visit and have an RPC stay booked for Thanksgiving weekend. Can't wait to see it!
I think I know exactly who your daughter is, and she’s one of my favorites! We love talking to her😄! We aren’t booked at GF until after Christmas to celebrate the New Year, but my DH is trying to book a work event there in November if they have availability so maybe I’ll get lucky🤞! If not, I may just have to stalk the site for a cancellation 😂!

I think I know exactly who your daughter is, and she’s one of my favorites! We love talking to her😄! We aren’t booked at GF until after Christmas to celebrate the New Year, but my DH is trying to book a work event there in November if they have availability so maybe I’ll get lucky🤞! If not, I may just have to stalk the site for a cancellation 😂!
Oh, that's great to hear! Going over New Year is "my thing". I've gone at that time every year for several years (it's my birthday) but I'm changing it up a bit this year and doing the Thanksgiving with MVMCP to kind of kick off the Christmas season. DH has a business trip to Orlando early January as well, so while I'll miss being there over New Year, I'm thinking that I may be able to squeeze in another trip in Jan while he's there on business. You will love New Years, and here's hoping your DH gets his Nov work event in line for you! One family trip and one tag-along w/the DH trip for both of us!

We checked into the Grand today and were told that construction will begin in the main building on Friday. We are in Conch Key and the new rooms are just stunning.
Thank you so much for reporting! If you are still there on Friday, can you please take a picture and update us on any Lobby construction in progress? Also, if you have any time, can you please check to see if Sago is open yet? Thank you so much! Have a great trip!!

We checked into the Grand today and were told that construction will begin in the main building on Friday. We are in Conch Key and the new rooms are just stunning.
Woo hoo! We’re going at the end of September, and I’ve been hoping construction would be done before we get there. Really don’t want our first trip to VGF to be a construction site visit. This’ll give them 3.5 months to complete the renovations. There is hope!

I’m always weary of construction updates provided by Cast Members. Rumors run rampant on a daily basis. Realistically, the only ones who know what will be worked on next are BVCC (Buena Vista Construction Company) and management. Unless, of course, management disseminated the construction update to prepare Guests for what’s to come.

I’m always weary of construction updates provided by Cast Members. Rumors run rampant on a daily basis. Realistically, the only ones who know what will be worked on next are BVCC (Buena Vista Construction Company) and management. Unless, of course, management disseminated the construction update to prepare Guests for what’s to come.
That’s why I’m happy they are there and can check in for us. I wish Disney would post something so we know for sure. Surprised there are no artist renditions being released. Possibly just a soft goods refurb. I guess we’ll know soon enough!

Also wanted to add… the post @Kmacater posted regarding the CM lobby estimates jives with @sdk1231’s POST above from Monday. If RPC CL service closes on 6/9, the refurb can’t be far behind.

I have no idea what they will change in the lobby. Everything still looks really good. I can easily see them changing the carpets though in the main hallway, and the stairs. I hope they don't go the Golden Girls color scheme of the other lobbys at the Grand

I have no idea what they will change in the lobby. Everything still looks really good. I can easily see them changing the carpets though in the main hallway, and the stairs. I hope they don't go the Golden Girls color scheme of the other lobbys at the Grand
Starting to think I’m the only person on the planet that thinks that lobby looks dated as all get out and needs to be basically gutted and redone 😆 Literally the only thing I’d keep is the glass elevator & even that I’d look to completely replace with an updated one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter