Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

We booked a garden view room. I called Disney direct two weeks before and put in a room request for a renovated room, higher floor and turret room if possible. We were not given a turret room but we were pixie dusted with an incredible park view. It was such a wonderful treat to watch the fireworks every night.

Attachments

• E4406978-53EF-423F-B722-2D5E0E6C5586.jpeg
    E4406978-53EF-423F-B722-2D5E0E6C5586.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 44
  • A7B11C8A-FA6F-4B08-8484-D3622B528244.jpeg
    A7B11C8A-FA6F-4B08-8484-D3622B528244.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 42
We booked a garden view room. I called Disney direct two weeks before and put in a room request for a renovated room, higher floor and turret room if possible. We were not given a turret room but we were pixie dusted with an incredible park view. It was such a wonderful treat to watch the fireworks every night.
So beautiful! 😍 Would you mind sharing your room number for Page 1? Thank you!

Which pool would be the more low key for 2 adults?
To compare the two…

At the Beach Pool, you’ll have a bar (with food options) poolside servers and cabanas. There’s also a slide, poolside games and music, as well as a full bathroom with showers/changing areas. I prefer that pool because I enjoy listening to music and the overall atmosphere.

The Courtyard pool is more on the shallow side, so I always feel that more kids lean towards that pool because of that. It’s also typically warmer, in our experience. The Courtyard Pool also has a hot tub, poolside patios and a bar (with food options).

You can find pictures and information on Page 1 HERE.

We try to rotate between the two, but mostly only go over to the Courtyard pool if the water is too cold at Beach or if we want to use the hot tub. Enjoy!!

Last edited:
What's the current story on the lobby renovation? Last I recall was start this summer and done by Xmas, but that may be wishful thinking.

I don't know about the lobby reno, but we received an email today from Disney Destinations cautioning us about GF renovations in general during our upcoming stay ... in September. I've seen a fair amount of resort renovations through the years while visiting WDW, and have never been bothered by it. But this is the 1st time I've ever gotten an email specifically warning us about it, and 5 months in advance to boot! I can only assume the Mouse has a lot of work planned for the Grand, and for quite a while yet this year. Beginning to wonder if we should stay somewhere else ???

I don't know about the lobby reno, but we received an email today from Disney Destinations cautioning us about GF renovations in general during our upcoming stay ... in September. I've seen a fair amount of resort renovations through the years while visiting WDW, and have never been bothered by it. But this is the 1st time I've ever gotten an email specifically warning us about it, and 5 months in advance to boot! I can only assume the Mouse has a lot of work planned for the Grand, and for quite a while yet this year. Beginning to wonder if we should stay somewhere else ???
At this time, they are down to renovating the last 3 buildings at The Grand. One of the buildings (Sugar Loaf), seems to be almost completed, as reported above. All that would be left is Sago (which is in mid-reno.) and the Main Building (which hasn’t started yet). That general email went out to everyone who is staying at The Grand this year. I received one back in February for both my Summer & Fall trips. The good news is you still have time to move, if it’s something you feel you need to do.

At this time, they are down to renovating the last 3 buildings at The Grand. One of the buildings (Sugar Loaf), seems to be almost completed, as reported above. All that would be left is Sago (which is in mid-reno.) and the Main Building (which hasn’t started yet). That general email went out to everyone who is staying at The Grand this year. I received one back in February for both my Summer & Fall trips. The good news is you still have time to move, if it’s something you feel you need to do.
I did not get one for my trip next week. I booked Lagoon View.

My guess is the lobby will be late summer-fall. I also have a WL/GF split in Sept. It is a convention rate for d23. Maybe with the cheap rooms they don’ t notify for that since I have not been notified for that either.

I have a November stay booked and I also got the email for renovations. I’m really hoping the majority of construction is finished, but that’s probably wishful thinking. Hopefully most of the lobby is complete and they don’t have the restaurants we want to eat at closed by then. I’m sure they won’t close Citricos since that’s been refurbished. However, Grand Floridian Cafe might be on the closure list since that hasn’t been updated. I booked lagoon view so that if the scaffolding is up outside the main building I don’t have to stare at that when I have my coffee in the mornings. We won’t switch even with major construction unless the main pool closes. It’s me, my 11yo daughter, and my Dad and the two queens and twin bed is perfect for us. Also, we love Mary Poppins!

I’m being super lazy so forgive me … but is it Sago or Sugar Loaf or just construction in general that has the path to MK closed?

I’m being super lazy so forgive me … but is it Sago or Sugar Loaf or just construction in general that has the path to MK closed?
I believe its just Sago...I also think Sugar Loaf is all done, just finishing the small stuff from what I heard

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter