Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Somewhat unusual question: does anyone know the dimensions of the shower in the one bedroom suite? We are looking to upgrade our ensuite and I love the size / style of the one in the suites and would like to do something similar.

Somewhat unusual question: does anyone know the dimensions of the shower in the one bedroom suite? We are looking to upgrade our ensuite and I love the size / style of the one in the suites and would like to do something similar.

Just to confirm, you’re asking about the 1BR Villas, right?

Good afternoon fellow GF fans! Hope that everyone at the world right now stayed safe...
We had a recent RPC stay...and I just wanted to share a little bit about it...
Last time we stayed in the main building was last summer...club level had not yet reopened and it was so strange to see the empty spaces..felt like we could almost see ghosts of visits past! Lol..
Our room was not ready until almost 4pm...something we have not happen ever in the past...but it was spotless and in good order...but definitely in need of a refurb...
Another difference I noticed was a mostly busy lounge..lots of kids...I know Disney...lol...but we have many RPC visits under our belts..and I don't recall it ever being that busy..or noisy...we have always enjoyed lounge time to relax..unwind..snack a little..and soak up the scenery and ambiance...while not unpleasant... a very different vibe..thankfully there are 3 floors..so additional space to get away from the 4th floor hustle and bustle...
As for the CMs..lots of new faces..and some seasoned veterans...and all were wonderful! Whoever is training the new CMs...kudos....they seem to have that Disney can do attitude that always makes a stay even better!
The lounge offereings were very much what we have seen in years past..just a bit less...still a nice selection..and we enjoyed everything...so happy to see the soup back in the afternoon...there was an especially delicious tomato soup with freshly baked croutons..yum...
But...cm'on GF powers that be...bring back the afternoon scones and tarts!! That was such a wonderful touch..a stand out IMO...and while I'm asking for 'bring backs'...lol..how about the Grand Floridian Society Orchestra too!! Oh..and turn down service too...those extras truly are what made the Grand extra special...
Still...listening to the piano music while enjoying some lounge time was lovely..
We had an exceptional meal at Citricos..
And really enjoyed our pool time in our pool side patio ..a Disney bargain IMO...nice space..and great attendant..plus a chip/snack basket and a cooler filled with sodas and water..we'd definitely do it again..and I'd highly recommend it if you prefer the courtyard pool...
We did not check out ER..there was literally a line waiting for it to open..
Overall..we had a a very nice stay..especially..getting to catch up with some good Disney friends..lookin at you @trishadono and @dispro..only thing better than a family Disney trip..is getting to share it with good friends too..
We will be back again sometime..after the refurbishments tho....
Hello my friend!!

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto!!!

Had a great trip right behind you, we had a great time even with the stormy nights but we definitely were missing all of the above!! One night the weather was horrible and Citrico's are ER staff got us in for dinner and it was delicious with fireworks to top it off.

Sorry we missed you again! Hopefully one day soon!

Anyone who is there now can you tell me what brand of steamer they have in the closet in the rooms? We were just at the resort studios and it was good and I forgot to note the brand

Hi, Dee. RPC is the abbreviation for Royal Palm Club, the Club level at the GF. ER is Enchanted Rose. It’s the lounge/bar on level 2 in the Main Building. The renovations have moved to Boca Chica. Big Pine Key does have Studios. But, I’ll leave the details to those who know DVC things.
Thank you very much. I should have been able to figure out ER! We hope to stop in for a drink when we are there. Hopefully we'll be in Big Pine Key and I hope the refurb noise doesn't bother us.
Have a great day!

Dee

Another difference I noticed was a mostly busy lounge..lots of kids...I know Disney...lol...but we have many RPC visits under our belts..and I don't recall it ever being that busy..or noisy...we have always enjoyed lounge time to relax..unwind..snack a little..and soak up the scenery and ambiance...while not unpleasant... a very different vibe..thankfully there are 3 floors..so additional space to get away from the 4th floor hustle and bustle...

We were at RPC September 9-12. I‘m glad to see your impression of the lounge, I thought it was just me. There seemed to be so many more people than during our other stays. There were many large family groups, pulling chairs from other tables to have large groups together. There were always places to sit, so did not inconvenience us. But it was just something I noticed also. And @GADisneyDad14 has a good point, it might be groups from suites who have to use RPC now.

And yes, that tomato soup was delicious! :goodvibes

Is Enchanted Rose typically busy all day? I'll be staying at GF for the first time next month, and am hoping to do a tour of the monorail resort lounges.

Is Enchanted Rose typically busy all day? I'll be staying at GF for the first time next month, and am hoping to do a tour of the monorail resort lounges.
Make sure to check app /site for times. Dd and I go often and don’t have any problems other than 8p and after .

There is an outdoor seating area if interested. It is off the room on the right side facing bar from lobby.

We're doing a split-stay at the Grand Floridian next week; 2 nights in a DVC Resort Studio, then 2 nights in a garden view/outer building room. (We wasted too much time trying to get points from a rental firm and so we had to split it up.) It's our first time at the GF; it's my understanding that the Resort Studio rooms are actually at the main hotel. Do we check in the first time at the VGF main office or go to the Grand Floridian check-in desk? And likewise, when we swap rooms, do we have to go to both desks to check out and check in, or can we simply drop our bags at the main Grand Floridian desk to hold until the second room is ready? Trying to have our plan ready to minimize the time we spend checking in/out so we can get to the park sooner.

We're doing a split-stay at the Grand Floridian next week; 2 nights in a DVC Resort Studio, then 2 nights in a garden view/outer building room. (We wasted too much time trying to get points from a rental firm and so we had to split it up.) It's our first time at the GF; it's my understanding that the Resort Studio rooms are actually at the main hotel. Do we check in the first time at the VGF main office or go to the Grand Floridian check-in desk? And likewise, when we swap rooms, do we have to go to both desks to check out and check in, or can we simply drop our bags at the main Grand Floridian desk to hold until the second room is ready? Trying to have our plan ready to minimize the time we spend checking in/out so we can get to the park sooner.
If you do online check in, you do not need to visit the front desk at all. However, if you prefer to, you will need to visit the Main Building for both check in’s. I’d recommend doing online check in, as our VGF BPK room ready text came in at 10:30 am in August! Also to note, the ability to check out on the MDE app is now available. Hope it all works out for you. Enjoy.

If you do online check in, you do not need to visit the front desk at all. However, if you prefer to, you will need to visit the Main Building for both check in’s. I’d recommend doing online check in, as our VGF BPK room ready text came in at 10:30 am in August! Also to note, the ability to check out on the MDE app is now available. Hope it all works out for you. Enjoy.
Wouldn't they have the option to checkin at the DVC main desk for the the "DVC Resort Studio" portion? Sometimes it's a little less busy there.

Wouldn't they have the option to checkin at the DVC main desk for the the "DVC Resort Studio" portion? Sometimes it's a little less busy there.
When BPK opened, they were directing guests to check in at the main building. It’s possible this has changed. I always do online check in, so when staying there in August, I received a Room Ready text and did not have a need to visit a desk. Maybe others who have done so recently can share their experience.

When BPK opened, they were directing guests to check in at the main building. It’s possible this has changed. I always do online check in, so when staying there in August, I received a Room Ready text and did not have a need to visit a desk. Maybe others who have done so recently can share their experience.
That would be ideal...however, we're planning to arrive around 9 am or so, so I don't have any expectations of having the room available that early. We'd like to drop the bags and head off to the park.

Excited to be at the Grand December 17-22nd. Attending the party on
the 18th -- I've never been. Also looking forward to a peaceful GF Cafe
breakfast the morning after. They have great frozen caramel macchiatos.
I go to WDW several times a year, but I am really looking forward to this
holiday trip. Can't wait to make ADRs.
Good morning fellow GF fans...and thank you all for the warm welcome back!! I tried to put this at the very top of my multi quote novel...lol..but couldn't??? Lol..
@lotsahugginbear...what a fun way to kick off the holiday season!! Hope you will comeback and let us know how your ADR day went!! Enjoying other Disney fan plans are the next best thing to making our own IMO..best of luck!
Hm hard to say . I have been there the last so many years but always a last minute husband “ hmm can we go?” I always say yes of course 😂
Get on board girl!!! Lol...and it was great to see you!!
Oh, thank you for the report. It sounds like a good time to me! We love Citrico’s and the Courtyard Pool and we loved the scones at afternoon tea! The scones are needed! Hopefully, the renovations remain on schedule for the Main Building. I have the feeling that the building trades will be at a necessary premium for quite some time to come in Florida. Blue, I’m very sorry we missed you during 2018. As I can’t see a trip in our immediate future, I’ll have to travel vicariously through your wonderful reports!
@followthatmouse if I could find the hug emoji I would b inserting it right here!! Always good to "see" you..and I think you are spot on with the trades..everything takes forever these days...I'm so sorry that you have no trips planned right now...and I'm always happy to share...I'm so sorry that we missed you in 2018 too..who would have thought it would take so long to get back to our happy place...
Hi there @BlueSkies :wave: Nice to see you around.

I have nowhere near as much RPC experience as you but we had a one night stay before the Starcruiser back in March and totally agree with the above. The lounge was very busy and we found we liked retreating to the 5th floor with our food/beverage. Granted it was only a short period of time, but the vibe was different than past stays for whatever reason.

I have personally wondered if the closure of SL has had an influence on some level for RPC crowds. For one, RPC seems harder to book these days (not a scientific observation, just feels that way in my various searching). And second, there’s not an inconsequential number of outer building suites that in the past would have used SL but now only have RPC. Perhaps that is influencing lounge guest counts on the margins?

Anyway - glad you had a good trip overall! Thanks for checking in.
Hi @GADisneyDad14 !! Very interesting that we both had the same experience!! I think you have a very good point about the difference having to do with SL being changed over to non CL these days...I was the rare fan of both CLs...and sure hope they'll change it back over in the future...
Hello my friend!!

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto!!!

Had a great trip right behind you, we had a great time even with the stormy nights but we definitely were missing all of the above!! One night the weather was horrible and Citrico's are ER staff got us in for dinner and it was delicious with fireworks to top it off.

Sorry we missed you again! Hopefully one day soon!
Hey you!!! Sending hugs here too..where the heck are the emojis...lol...that's what happens when you don't post often enough..or..maybe its just me!!! Lol!! I'm so sorry we missed each other yet again..it'll some happen someday soon I hope..
We were at RPC September 9-12. I‘m glad to see your impression of the lounge, I thought it was just me. There seemed to be so many more people than during our other stays. There were many large family groups, pulling chairs from other tables to have large groups together. There were always places to sit, so did not inconvenience us. But it was just something I noticed also. And @GADisneyDad14 has a good point, it might be groups from suites who have to use RPC now.

And yes, that tomato soup was delicious! :goodvibes
@focusondisney ...Seems we overlapped!!! Wish we could have said Hi!! Meeting Dis friends is always great fun...and @Dispro1 was there too! And @trishadono too..could have had a party..lol..Interesting that you too noticed and felt the difference in the lounge and the overall vibe...
What a fun thing to do..there is..or was pre covid a dining experience that you could book thru Disney that had a Disney version of the monorail club crawl..I forget what it was called..lol...in any case Enjoy..and Cheers!!
Any rumors when Boca Chica might be completed? Staying end of NOV/Early DEC and crossing my fingers for it.
@MommyMouse143 I'm only guessing but I bet it will b finished by late November..it's a much bigger building than Big Pine..but they've been working on it for a while now...when we were there there were big walls up..so hard to b a snooper!! Lol...I would suggest requesting Conch in the mean time as a back up...it's close to most of the same things as Boca Chica..and has some very lovely views from all room categories! Great time to be in the world!! Have lots of fun...
Big hellos to my old friends @grannieminnie and @ahcupcake too..
And @mrsap just want to says thanks as always for this fantastic thread!! Adding the holiday info..impressive!! Great job!!
Ok..I said this was a multi quote novel..lol..
Oh and I almost forgot..I know someone asked about the cost of the poolside patio...it was $175 for whole the day...I don't think there are half day rentals any more..and we really did not notice any construction from BC..since everything is angled towards the lovely pool! Again..highly recommend...
Hope everyone is having a super Saturday..I am eagerly awaiting our ADR day for our winter trip!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter