Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

I’m going on the 24th July for a few days, booked a standard room. Have any of the renovated rooms opened up for stays yet? Is it worth me requesting them?

I’m going on the 24th July for a few days, booked a standard room. Have any of the renovated rooms opened up for stays yet? Is it worth me requesting them?

For the hotel side, no, no renovated rooms are available yet. The DVC conversion of Big Pine Key took from roughly March to late June. Work just moved on to Boca Chica, so call it roughly July through late Oct if it follows a similar schedule (using round math there).

Good morning from Grand Floridian! Such a beautiful resort! I can’t hear the construction at all from inside, but it is pretty loud when I step outside …they’re using saws🙄. We’ll see how bad it is when we go to the pool later. The fireworks were pretty spectacular last night (no construction then of course)! Can’t wait to watch them again!
How beautiful! Thanks for posting the pictures. I can’t wait to be back there in August!!!

If anyone is staying and is in club level, do you know what the hor dourves were yesterday, and if it is the same on a weekly rotation? Trying to debate if I should make a dinner reservation or not. Thanks!

Good morning from Grand Floridian! Such a beautiful resort! I can’t hear the construction at all from inside, but it is pretty loud when I step outside …they’re using saws🙄. We’ll see how bad it is when we go to the pool later. The fireworks were pretty spectacular last night (no construction then of course)! Can’t wait to watch them again!
What building room type is this? Main Building? Thanks for pics!

If anyone is staying and is in club level, do you know what the hor dourves were yesterday, and if it is the same on a weekly rotation? Trying to debate if I should make a dinner reservation or not. Thanks!
We left yesterday afternoon, so unfortunately I don’t know what they were serving in the evening, but whether or not you make a dinner reservation varies with individual preferences. We sometimes make dinner reservations if we are wanting a particular dining experience, but it’s definitely not necessary. If you find you don’t particularly love what they are serving one night, you can always pick up something at Gasparilla Grill and eat it in the lounge or order room service since GF still offers that. I will probably be posting some pictures on the club level thread soon if you are interested.

Just a quick update on the construction at GF. I snapped this picture yesterday. Honestly, I didn’t find it to be much of an issue most of the time, with a few noisy exceptions that thankfully didn’t last too long. I hope this will continue to be the case since vacations are too important and expensive to be a disappointment!

Attachments

• 0F6BEC35-284F-4B4B-996F-C4D1521ED88F.jpeg
    0F6BEC35-284F-4B4B-996F-C4D1521ED88F.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 35
So, I am looking on YouTube at videos of room views for Big Pine Key, and this is a standard view, which happens to look directly upon the Boca Chica renovation!! (Sorry about the picture from my television ) 😂 It looks like they are already pretty far along with the exterior work, based on this picture. I thought I’d share, for those who were asking about construction.

BB9295F7-0716-4086-8128-C2A5F72F1950.jpeg

So, I am looking on YouTube at videos of room views for Big Pine Key, and this is a standard view, which happens to look directly upon the Boca Chica renovation!! (Sorry about the picture from my television ) 😂 It looks like they are already pretty far along with the exterior work, based on this picture. I thought I’d share, for those who were asking about construction.

View attachment 682741
I would assume the standard views from big pine are actually alright. Unless your directly infront of that stair case.

No chance of a parking lot etc

We left yesterday afternoon, so unfortunately I don’t know what they were serving in the evening, but whether or not you make a dinner reservation varies with individual preferences. We sometimes make dinner reservations if we are wanting a particular dining experience, but it’s definitely not necessary. If you find you don’t particularly love what they are serving one night, you can always pick up something at Gasparilla Grill and eat it in the lounge or order room service since GF still offers that. I will probably be posting some pictures on the club level thread soon if you are interested.
Yes please!

Can anyone who has stayed recently speak to the current state of mousekeeping? I just checked us in for a stay next week, and it states that housekeeping services are still reduced. What level of housekeeping can I expect and how often will service be?
I hope this reduction in services doesn't become the standard. I'm not liking the reduced housekeeping at all. What I've noticed from a couple of stays is that even when, or even IF they show up, it's sloppy at best. I haven't had good experience with this housekeeping-light service.

We just booked for fall break (husband and myself both 40, 13yo son and 6 yo daughter) and haven’t been to Disney since 2019. 😬 we love RPC and have booked the 17-24th of September. We were lucky enough to get the Disney plus discount. Sorry if I should already know this but can’t quite tell from posts. Should I be worried about the construction? I noticed contemporary is under construction too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter