Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Just FYI - DISBoards software won’t automatically block a YouTube video posted from a banned site if it’s hosted on YouTube. It will automatically filter out a specific URL (website address) if it’s a banned site. That’s why if there’s ever any doubt, it’s generally best to post the full URL to the blog or travel agent site in question and if it gets filtered, then you know. Some full blog/vlog/TA names (not URLs, the actual name) are filtered, but many have common words that would be impractical to filter without interfering with normal discourse, so that’s why the URL is usually best.

That of course has limitations as there are some blogs/vlogs that don’t have websites and only have YouTube channels or similar, but the chances are relatively low any of those are not permitted.

Also generally speaking it’s not so much the inadvertent posting of a link or video to a banned site that brushes up against DISBoard rules, it’s when people blatantly and purposely try to bypass the filters by using symbols, rhyming words, hints, or whatever creative way they come up with to refer to the site in question - that’s when things get more serious in terms of warnings/infractions as you’re obviously trying to bypass the filters/break the rules.

I’m also happy to answer any questions via PM if in doubt.

HTH!
When in doubt, I’ve found it useful to enter the URL and then use the Preview feature to see whether it’s allowed or not. If not allowed, I can edit and refer to “another site” or “elsewhere on the internet.”

Can anyone who has stayed recently speak to the current state of mousekeeping? I just checked us in for a stay next week, and it states that housekeeping services are still reduced. What level of housekeeping can I expect and how often will service be?

Quick question, sorry if this posted already;

Where do you check in for the new DVC resort studios, the large lobby or the original DVC building to the side?

Just talking out loud, isn’t that sort of confusing for DVC guests?

I mean, I guess it’s not that confusing, but I can see that being a never ending question around these parts.
I can see how it could be. Personally, if I’m not sure, I’d probably go to the main building first. Then straight to the pool bar to see my favorite server Bob/Mark/Joe and order a frozen strawberry daiquiri.

I kid!!!! Maybe.

Just FYI - DISBoards software won’t automatically block a YouTube video posted from a banned site if it’s hosted on YouTube. It will automatically filter out a specific URL (website address) if it’s a banned site. That’s why if there’s ever any doubt, it’s generally best to post the full URL to the blog or travel agent site in question and if it gets filtered, then you know. Some full blog/vlog/TA names (not URLs, the actual name) are filtered, but many have common words that would be impractical to filter without interfering with normal discourse, so that’s why the URL is usually best.

That of course has limitations as there are some blogs/vlogs that don’t have websites and only have YouTube channels or similar, but the chances are relatively low any of those are not permitted.

Also generally speaking it’s not so much the inadvertent posting of a link or video to a banned site that brushes up against DISBoard rules, it’s when people blatantly and purposely try to bypass the filters by using symbols, rhyming words, hints, or whatever creative way they come up with to refer to the site in question - that’s when things get more serious in terms of warnings/infractions as you’re obviously trying to bypass the filters/break the rules.

I’m also happy to answer any questions via PM if in doubt.

HTH!

Thank you! I do not like to get into trouble. :) I try to stay out of trouble.

Construction Shifts to Boca Chica Building at Disney’s Grand Floridian

Grand-Floridian-1-1024x768.jpg

Grand-Floridian-2-1024x768.jpg

During our visit, we noticed that work has concluded at Big Pine Key Building.

Grand-Floridan-3-1024x768.jpg

The project will now focus on the Boca Chica building.

Areas around the construction site have been roped off.

Grand-Floridian-11-1024x768.jpg

My daughter and I haven’t been to the GF since 2019. Missed it so much, but these GF threads helped!
We will be back at the Grand for a week at the end of August!!! We booked RPC.
So, my question is… have the rooms in the main building been updated, or will there be renovations happening?
We are beyond thrilled to be back, and it will be magical regardless. But I am just wondering what to expect.

Construction Shifts to Boca Chica Building at Disney’s Grand Floridian

Grand-Floridian-1-1024x768.jpg

Grand-Floridian-2-1024x768.jpg

During our visit, we noticed that work has concluded at Big Pine Key Building.

Grand-Floridan-3-1024x768.jpg

The project will now focus on the Boca Chica building.

Areas around the construction site have been roped off.

Grand-Floridian-11-1024x768.jpg
Thanks for the update! From all that wood, it looks like they're going to build a wall😐...don't know why I'm surprised since they always do. Guess I was hoping the mesh fence meant there wouldn't be much visible construction lol.
My daughter and I haven’t been to the GF since 2019. Missed it so much, but these GF threads helped!
We will be back at the Grand for a week at the end of August!!! We booked RPC.
So, my question is… have the rooms in the main building been updated, or will there be renovations happening?
We are beyond thrilled to be back, and it will be magical regardless. But I am just wondering what to expect.
The rooms in the main building haven't been updated. They just started on Boca Chica after completing the Big Pine Key transformation to DVC. Evidently, they are renovating one building at a time, and since BPK took around 3.5 months, I would assume they will still be working on Boca Chica when you arrive. I will be in RPC for several days for our 4th of July trip (doing a split with BWI) so I will try to remember to post some updates/pictures. Someone else posted a few pictures from a recent RPC stay over on the CL thread a few days ago if you haven't seen them. Enjoy the excitement leading up to your trip, and I hope you have a great trip too!

"The Grand Character Hunt" Scavenger Hunt Debuts at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Starting from this week, Guests staying at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will be able to participate in "The Grand Character Hunt," an indoor scavenger hunt that will allow them to explore multiple areas of the hotel.

Participants will search for characters, count icons, and learn more about some of the resort's amazing offerings. This will undoubtedly be a great activity to enjoy especially during the afternoon storms that tend to happen more often during summer months here in Central Florida (or even when it's just too hot to be outside).

Clue sheets will be available for Guests at the Front Desk (Indoor Activities Cast Members may also be able to provide you one).

Can anyone who has stayed recently speak to the current state of mousekeeping? I just checked us in for a stay next week, and it states that housekeeping services are still reduced. What level of housekeeping can I expect and how often will service be?
My last stay was every other day. However I called housekeeping or asked a maid in the hall if I needed more towels, coffee etc.

*sometimes at resorts the maid will make you call if they don’t have enough FYI. However at all the post Covid trips they bring the stuff fast!

"The Grand Character Hunt" Scavenger Hunt Debuts at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Starting from this week, Guests staying at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will be able to participate in "The Grand Character Hunt," an indoor scavenger hunt that will allow them to explore multiple areas of the hotel.

Participants will search for characters, count icons, and learn more about some of the resort's amazing offerings. This will undoubtedly be a great activity to enjoy especially during the afternoon storms that tend to happen more often during summer months here in Central Florida (or even when it's just too hot to be outside).

Clue sheets will be available for Guests at the Front Desk (Indoor Activities Cast Members may also be able to provide you one).

I think I can answer these from home lol.

I’m hearing that construction has moved to Boca Chica building and that it is loud by the courtyard pool. Can anyone confirm? Any rumors on how long it will take for each building?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter