Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

They are two separate buildings. The building circled in yellow is the up and coming DVC building (Currently known as Big Pine Key), which is currently under construction. The building circled in red is the actual DVC building and refurbishment has completed there. Hope that helps.

View attachment 656593
The building circled in red has already been refurbished? Do those DVC studio rooms now have the Murphy bed instead of the sofa bed? We will be there at the end of May on a lake view studio.

Does anyone know whether there is any kind of afternoon tea option running at any of the Grand Floridian restaurants? It looks like the Garden View Tea Room remains closed, but is there anywhere else on resort property that offers anything similar in its absence?
Following up on this. Have you found any information? We will be there next month and we were really hoping that it would be back by then, but I’m starting to lose hope

Does this mean that Israel has moved on? Sorry if this has been covered in earlier episodes. My mind wanders occasionally.
😉

This was last year when it reopened, but at the time Israel was sommelier (and maybe general manager?) at Citricos (and I think he still is unless I’m mistaken). I had never met or heard of him before our Citrico’s dinner but he truly made it a fantastic experience. It was just me and DS11 - an easy table to overlook - but he stopped by twice and was incredibly engaging with my son. I didn’t know his V&A roots until you posted, but it makes total sense now!

This was last year when it reopened, but at the time Israel was sommelier (and maybe general manager?) at Citricos (and I think he still is unless I’m mistaken). I had never met or heard of him before our Citrico’s dinner but he truly made it a fantastic experience. It was just me and DS11 - an easy table to overlook - but he stopped by twice and was incredibly engaging with my son. I didn’t know his V&A roots until you posted, but it makes total sense now!
Israel had been the sommelier at V&A for a bajillion years before the closure(had pixie dusted me with a bottle of Estrella after I told him how much I liked it after I asked if he knew where I could buy a bottle here in PA).
I swear I remember reading somewhere on the DIS shortly after Citricos reopened that he was asked one night by a V&A regular if he would be there permanently, his reply was that he'd be there until V&A reopened, of course I could have that totally wrong

Hi everyone- This will be our first stay at the Grand Floridian!!! September 3rd - 15th. We are all so excited. Could I have some advice on where to request our 2 rooms. My daughter would prefer close to the main building as possible just for the reason of convenience with a 5 year old and an 11 month old. We are all booked standard outer building. Thank you

Got back from GF two weeks ago today, and I’m laying here at home and craving a lobster thermidor burger from the Grand Floridian Cafe so bad! I had two during our trip. So good!
I had this burger in Feb- everyone in my party thought I was crazy for ordering it- but soooooooo yummy!

Following up on this. Have you found any information? We will be there next month and we were really hoping that it would be back by then, but I’m starting to lose hope
Haven't found anything unfortunately- doesn't seem to be anything open but you never know! Perhaps we'll both get lucky and stumble across Tea Time opportunities there next month...

Hi everyone- This will be our first stay at the Grand Floridian!!! September 3rd - 15th. We are all so excited. Could I have some advice on where to request our 2 rooms. My daughter would prefer close to the main building as possible just for the reason of convenience with a 5 year old and an 11 month old. We are all booked standard outer building. Thank you

If being close to the main building is a priority, I would suggest Sago Cay. (It's our favorite) We enjoy that it is so close to Gaspie's and a quick walk to the bus stop. It's also very quiet being away from the pools. Have a fabulous vacation!!

Anybody have recent experiences at Senses Spa? Just made myself an appointment there for a massage and I'm so excited!!
In feb my mother and I had mother-daughter massages there. It was a wonderful experience. I go for massages semi-regularly, and my mom goes biweekly. Both of us left saying it was one of the best massages we had ever received. The facility is beautiful and they start your appointment by letting you make a choice thag will guide your treatment (without giving too much away!). We had been told the whirlpool would be closed, but it was open! I wish I had known, I would have brought a bathing suit. Steam room was closed as of Feb though. They also give you a sweet little parting gift!

Narcoossee's at Disney's Grand Floridian closing for extended refurbishment

Narcoossee's at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort will be closing June 18 2022 for a lengthy refurbishment.

Will get me in trouble around here I guess, but I say thank goodness. We really enjoyed our one Narcoossee's experience, I think it was last year sometime. But the decor in there is dreadfully dated - in my humble opinion! With how much I enjoy the new Citricos, Narcoossee's has been easy to ignore - glad to see it getting some love. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter