Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

I'm so excited to get the info on the VGF DVC pricing that will be released tomorrow! We went to tour the rooms last week when we were at WDW and staying at AOA - and it felt so good to be back at the GF. I had been reluctant to buy DVC resale and hated to be so close to the MK and not able to walk. Then they added that amazing walkway and added new DVC points for the GF - so everything is lining up and someone seems to be telling us to buy more DVC points lol! I hope we don't miss CL too much - because DVC doesn't have the at the GF- but I think based on just visiting last week staying there in any capacity will be amazing. And the 2 BR villas are beautiful. Also, while AOA was fine, it sure made me realize how much nicer deluxe resorts are haha! Disney is not kind to families of 6 - hence more DVC points :) .

I'm so excited to get the info on the VGF DVC pricing that will be released tomorrow! We went to tour the rooms last week when we were at WDW and staying at AOA - and it felt so good to be back at the GF. I had been reluctant to buy DVC resale and hated to be so close to the MK and not able to walk. Then they added that amazing walkway and added new DVC points for the GF - so everything is lining up and someone seems to be telling us to buy more DVC points lol! I hope we don't miss CL too much - because DVC doesn't have the at the GF- but I think based on just visiting last week staying there in any capacity will be amazing. And the 2 BR villas are beautiful. Also, while AOA was fine, it sure made me realize how much nicer deluxe resorts are haha! Disney is not kind to families of 6 - hence more DVC points :) .

Hey there! So, just because you’re DVC now, doesn’t mean you can’t add in a night or two at club level here and there! That’s what we have been doing and it’s been great! That way we get the best of both worlds! We were reluctant to to make the change from only staying club level to being full-time DVC, but we knew we wanted to go more often and extend the duration of our trips. We have no regrets! Good luck tomorrow!!

Hey there! So, just because you’re DVC now, doesn’t mean you can’t add in a night or two at club level here and there! That’s what we have been doing and it’s been great! That way we get the best of both worlds! We were reluctant to to make the change from only staying club level to being full-time DVC, but we knew we wanted to go more often and extend the duration of our trips. We have no regrets! Good luck tomorrow!!
I know! In fact, we booked a BWI deluxe room for over the 4th of July this year. The biggest issue with occasional CL rooms for us is having 6 people, not the idea of still booking nights here and there! If we all come, we can only do WL or BWI deluxe rooms - and those are $$$ and hard to find availability in. We are also considering renewing our vows next year, and thought about getting a CL room for just us while our parents and kids stay in our DVC room that night. I'm glad to hear you don't regret DVC instead of CL!

I know! In fact, we booked a BWI deluxe room for over the 4th of July this year. The biggest issue with occasional CL rooms for us is having 6 people, not the idea of still booking nights here and there! If we all come, we can only do WL or BWI deluxe rooms - and those are $$$ and hard to find availability in. We are also considering renewing our vows next year, and thought about getting a CL room for just us while our parents and kids stay in our DVC room that night. I'm glad to hear you don't regret DVC instead of CL!

Yeah 6 is tough. It’s funny, my DH’s cousin was just over for a visit this afternoon and he was asking us about DVC and was saying the same thing …how it’s so tough for them, being a party of six, to book anywhere!! They are very limited on where they can buy, since they need to have enough points to possibly get two rooms or a two bedroom every trip. So you definitely have another family in your shoes!!!!

Sounds like a great idea!!! I hope it works out for you!!!! 🥰

Yeah 6 is tough. It’s funny, my DH’s cousin was just over for a visit this afternoon and he was asking us about DVC and was saying the same thing …how it’s so tough for them, being a party of six, to book anywhere!! They are very limited on where they can buy, since they need to have enough points to possibly get two rooms or a two bedroom every trip. So you definitely have another family in your shoes!!!!

Sounds like a great idea!!! I hope it works out for you!!!! 🥰
Yep! Its a DVC 2 BR, AOA family suite, family suite in one of the All stars, or FW cabin for the most part - excluding various suites that I have never seen at a price we would pay lol. I have almost no interest in a FW cabin, and also no interest in the suites at one of the All stars (but would stay in either if it were that or no trip haha). So the only non DVC related one is AOA, which we tried for the first time last week. It was ok, but made me realize that deluxe resorts are more our style (even the moderates TBH). Plus, for what we paid for that suite over President's day week - it should be a deluxe!! We've stayed CL at the Poly for much less (a few years ago, but still - come on!). Places like GWL can make nearly all of their rooms sleep 6, why can't Disney at lest make half?? All it takes is a pull out sofa.

It did make us have to buy quite a few DVC points. It's funny, I see people with less points than us have multiple trips booked! When you have to have a 2 BR, it makes those studios look like steals. It doesn't help that we like the RR and GF - the two with the highest points charts. Oh well, I didn't want to buy elsewhere and still want the GF.

All other blogs just mentioned the BPK conversion to DVC. I wish I had solid information, but I’m just as unsure. I guess we’ll have to wait and see. :confused3
But. . .
I don't want to wait. I want to know now. Also, I want to know when it will be complete so I can make plans for a stay in the freshened rooms.

I am joking.:) I actually wish I was a more patient person.

Grand Floridian Pricing Debuts

Today, Disney Vacation Club will reopen sales for the Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa at prices which begin at $207 per point and dip to $186 each for a purchase of 200 points and just $174 each for 1000 or more.

This matches current prices for Disney's Riviera Resort and Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas.

No discounts are offered for purchases of 25 to 124 points. However, beginning at 125 points, members can save $8 each. The savings climb with the volume of the purchase, maxing out at $33 off each point for add-ons of 1000 or more.

A portion of the incentive is set to expire on March 30, 2022. For instance, the $21 discount for 200 points will drop to $17 off effective March 31.

The complete list of discounts is as follows:

Grand Floridian Add-On Discounts Effective March 3
125-149 points: $8 off per point
150-174 points: $10 off
175-199 points: $13 off
200-249 points: $21 off
250-299 points: $22 off
300-499 points: $28 off
500-999 points: $31 off
1000+ points: $33 off

The above discounts are valid only until March 30, 2022, at which time the incentives will decline by $3-5 per point to the following:

Grand Floridian Add-On Discounts Effective March 31
125-149 points: $5 off per point
150-174 points: $6 off
175-199 points: $9 off
200-249 points: $17 off
250-299 points: $18 off
300-499 points: $24 off
500-999 points: $26 off
1000+ points: $28 off

Sales will not open to new buyers until March 31, 2022. Non-member pricing has not yet been revealed.

*Existing VGF Members can start booking New VGF Studios beginning 3/14 by calling Member Services. All other owners can begin booking on 5/13 through the member website or by calling member services.

Last edited:
@msrap BTW, thanks for all your contributions in this thread and others. My work is getting in the way of my Best Disney Life and I haven't commented as much. I appreciate you and everyone keeping me up to date.

@msrap BTW, thanks for all your contributions in this thread and others. My work is getting in the way of my Best Disney Life and I haven't commented as much. I appreciate you and everyone keeping me up to date.

Thank you so much for the kind words, I truly appreciate it. 😊 I’m happy to do it!

I heard that there is a virtual tour of the new resort studios at VGF2. Anyone know how to access that?

I heard that there is a virtual tour of the new resort studios at VGF2. Anyone know how to access that?

Hi there. So, typically after you buy direct, you’re given a link with a login and password. I will link the VGF Resort Studio for you. The other videos are of the current VGF building and not the new rooms. Hope it helps.

VGF RESORT STUDIO (this room has no kitchenette)

ETA: *To view the additional videos, feel free to check out Page 1 of the Villas at Grand Floridian Thread under “360 Virtual Room Tours.”

Last edited:
Hi there. So, typically after you buy direct, you’re given a link with a login and password. I will link the VGF Resort Studio for you. The other videos are of the current VGF building and not the new rooms. Hope it helps.

VGF RESORT STUDIO (this room has no kitchenette)

ETA: *To view the additional videos, feel free to check out Page 1 of the Villas at Grand Floridian Thread under “360 Virtual Room Tours.”
Thanks! I think they did a great job with the decor.

Does anyone know what days/nights of the week Wes plays the piano in the lobby? He's awesome & we are hoping to catch him when we dine at Citrico's next month. Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter