Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

So excited, just booked a 5 night stay in August and picked and reserved our park days for our 5 day park hopper.
We were able to use that one I guess you can say buy 3 get 2 free park hopper days.

Now my question is;

This is the first time in over 18 years that we are driving to Disney.
We will need parking at the GF for our car for 5 nights.

Can anyone tell me what the process is in getting and paying for the parking.
Out TA called Disney and was told we cannot book early, we have to do it on arrival.
Like how do we get in at the Magic Kingdom entrance where you have to pay for daily parking to go to Magic Kingdom.
We will have to go that way I think to get to GF, unless with their construction of roads, routes have changed.

Thanks ahead of time.
When you pull up to the MK parking attendant booth, they will scan your Magic Band (or phone now). That will show that you have a resort stay and you will not be charged.

If I am remembering correctly, there is a new by-pass/fly over. You no longer have to go through the MK parking booths to get to the hotels.

Needing help with identifying a room at GF main building. He have booked a 2 bedroom suite at GF main building. I can only find info on the two bedroom vilas. Does it go by another name?
I know 4001(Grand Suite), 4002(the 3 balconies right next to the GS) both have 2 bedrooms & over look the courtyard pool.
Where the others are I'm not sure.

New ADRs dropped early this morning for the extended park hours and I managed to get CRT for my birthday dinner!!! I know Narcoosee’s is objectively better food but my inner 5 yo just wanted to eat in the castle lol. I seem to remember someone else looking for Narcoosee’s on 5/30, if you want to PM me I will hold onto it and coordinate to cancel!

Needing help with identifying a room at GF main building. He have booked a 2 bedroom suite at GF main building. I can only find info on the two bedroom vilas. Does it go by another name?
In the main building they are on the 5th floor on side facing poly and GFV.

I can’t find my map , rats. However coming off elevator they will be straight across from you with railings to lobby below. A lovely location.

We just returned yesterday from a short trip, April 12-15. We booked an outer building garden view room and requested a "nice view." We were given room #5417 in Sago Cay. The room overlooked the marina and you could see Space Mountain when you looked toward the left. The castle was hiding behind the building's outside stairwell. We were a few doors away from the elevator and our balcony was next to the balcony for the turret room. The maintenance room was between our room and the turret room, so we discovered that they put the balcony for the turret room on the outside wall of the maintenance room. After all, the maintenance room didn't need a balcony. ;)

We found Sago Cay to be an extremely convenient location. The beginning of the walking path was just steps from the exit stairs. We could place a mobile order for Gasparillas from our room and race down there in under two minutes to pick it up when it was ready. There is also a short pathway to the buses from that area. Because the walking path to MK was right outside our building, we never used the monorail. It was especially nice to be able to walk to MK before park opening. It was also handy to use the walking path to catch the boat to Wilderness Lodge since the walking path ends right next to the WL/FW boat dock.

The downside was the park buses. There were so many people trying to get to the parks in the morning that not everyone could fit on the first bus to arrive. They were using charter tour buses in addition to the regular Disney buses, to take people to HS and AK. We had a very long wait at Epcot when we tried to return to GF around 7pm. The line of people waiting was so long that not everyone was able to get on the bus that finally arrived. (Boy, was that man angry when he found out he couldn't get on the bus.) They need to reopen the Epcot monorail to help ease up some of these bus routes.

We just returned yesterday from a short trip, April 12-15. We booked an outer building garden view room and requested a "nice view." We were given room #5417 in Sago Cay. The rom overlooked the marina and you could see Space Mountain when you looked toward the left. The castle was hiding behind the building's outside stairwell. We were a few doors away from the elevator and our balcony was next to the balcony for the turret room. The maintenance room was between our room and the turret room, so we discovered that they put the balcony for the turret room on the outside wall of the maintenance room. After all, the maintenance room didn't need a balcony. ;)

We found Sago Cay to be an extremely convenient location. The beginning of the walking path was just steps from the exit stairs. We could place a mobile order for Gasparillas from our room and race down there in under two minutes to pick it up when it was ready. There is also a short pathway to the buses from that area. Because the walking path to MK was right outside our building, we never used the monorail. It was especially nice to be able to walk to MK before park opening, when lines were short. It was also handy to use the walking path to catch the bat to Wilderness Lodge because the walking path ends right next to the WL/FW boat dock.

The downside was the park buses. There were so many people trying to get to the parks in the morning that not everyone could fit on the first bus to arrive. They were using charter tour buses in addition to the regular Disney buses, to take people to HS and AK. We had a very long wait at Epcot when re tried to return to GF around 7pm. The line of people waiting was so long that not everyone was able to get on the bus that finally arrived. Boy, was that man angry when he found out he couldn't get on the bus. They need to reopen the Epcot monorail to help ease up some of these bus rutes.

Happy you had a great trip! If you have any room view pics for Page 1, I’d appreciate it! Thanks!!

Grand Floridian
room 5417 - Sago Cay - outer building garden view
2 queens, one sofa bed, not connecting, regular balcony

room views:

IMG_4655.JPEG

IMG_4657.JPEG

IMG_4656.JPEG

IMG_4669.JPEG

I think this was sunrise.

view from the end of the building:
IMG_4671.JPEG

view from the monorail side of Sago Cay where the walking path begins

IMG_4670.JPEG
early morning with mists on the water

I have been terrible about posting reviews lately! In November we stayed at GF and I had booked a lagoon view. I did not make room requests because I assumed the view would be awesome! Bad move, lol. The only hint of a nice view was standing at the railing and looking over to the right. Pics follow.

Conch Key Lagoon View #7311
2 queens and sofa bed

Looking straight ahead:

Conch view straight.jpeg

Looking to the left:

Conch view left.jpeg

Standing at railing and looking to the right:
Conch view right.jpeg

Hanging head over railing and looking to extreme right:
Conch view extreme right.jpeg

I have been terrible about posting reviews lately! In November we stayed at GF and I had booked a lagoon view. I did not make room requests because I assumed the view would be awesome! Bad move, lol. The only hint of a nice view was standing at the railing and looking over to the right. Pics follow.

2 queens and sofa bed

Looking straight ahead:

View attachment 568762

Looking to the left:

View attachment 568765

View attachment 568764

View attachment 568763

Grand Floridian
room 5417 - Sago Cay - outer building garden view
2 queens, one sofa bed, not connecting, regular balcony

room views:

View attachment 568743

View attachment 568744

View attachment 568745

View attachment 568746

I think this was sunrise.

view from the end of the building:
View attachment 568748

view from the monorail side of Sago Cay where the walking path begins

View attachment 568749
early morning with mists on the water

Thank you both so much!!! I’ll add them to Page 1!! 😍

@TJA - I donno, while you technically do have views of the lagoon from that room, IMO that’s pushing things a bit on Disney’s part. I usually give Disney credit for erring on the side of going with the lesser room view category for rooms like yours, but not that one I guess!

Thanks for the pics!

2 queens and sofa bed

Looking straight ahead:

View attachment 568762

Looking to the left:

View attachment 568765

View attachment 568764

View attachment 568763
I would have been terribly upset with that view! I agree with @GADisneyDad14 that some people with garden view rooms get a much better "lagoon view" than that! Although it does look really pretty standing up, the whole idea to me is to have a nice view while sitting down having a cup of coffee or a glass of wine! I thought by booking a LV, I wouldn't need to request a nice view! That's just terrible because having no connecting door is very important to me! I hope they hurry up with bringing the RPC rooms back!

@TJA - I donno, while you technically do have views of the lagoon from that room, IMO that’s pushing things a bit on Disney’s part. I usually give Disney credit for erring on the side of going with the lesser room view category for rooms like yours, but not that one I guess!

Thanks for the pics!
I 100% agree! I wonder if they think being able to crane your neck and see the castle makes it something of a preferred room status above garden view? Not worth the upgrade price in my opinion.

Hi, all. I've done a search in this thread (floorplan, layout, etc) but was not able to find the information I was looking for. We have an Outer Building - Lagoon View reservation. I was looking at the room photos at the WDW website. It appears that this room class has a sofa. Does anyone know if this sofa folds out to a bed? We'd love to be able to have our 18 YO son and 24 YO daughter in separate beds. :)

ETA - I just went to the room descriptions and see the 2 Queen room has a "day bed". Just needed to do a little more digging. Thanks anyway...

Last edited:
Hi, all. I've done a search in this thread (floorplan, layout, etc) but was not able to find the information I was looking for. We have an Outer Building - Lagoon View reservation. I was looking at the room photos at the WDW website. It appears that this room class has a sofa. Does anyone know if this sofa folds out to a bed? We'd love to be able to have our 18 YO son and 24 YO daughter in separate beds. :)

Most all rooms at the GF have a sofa. Its actually a twin bed, much better then a fold out. My 26 year son sleeps on it often while my 24 year old daughter claims the bed...lol.

I am sure some experts will be by with more info, but I hope this helps. Have a magical trip!

Most all rooms at the GF have a sofa. Its actually a twin bed, much better then a fold out. My 26 year son sleeps on it often while my 24 year old daughter claims the bed...lol.

I am sure some experts will be by with more info, but I hope this helps. Have a magical trip!

Thanks very much for your response. It was very helpful. And while I was on the WDW site I noticed a current promotion (2 extra ticket days) that should lower my cost. woo hoo. Now to talk to the TA. :)

Thanks very much for your response. It was very helpful. And while I was on the WDW site I noticed a current promotion (2 extra ticket days) that should lower my cost. woo hoo. Now to talk to the TA. :)

Thats great, we were lucky to get the 30% that's being offered early summer. After paying rack rate in October it was nice to get a discount.

Question: did you literally request "nice view"? LOL I need to know how you did this because I didn't think we could be that vague but it clearly worked for you! :)
Yes. :) I called Disney reservations and ask them to add the request for a nice view to the reservation. The CM laughed and she said that she liked my attitude. This is not the first time that I requested a nice view at one of the Disney resorts. :) Whenever we book a standard view, which isn't very often, I will request a nice view. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter